Dev stream Q&A - Thursday Dec 4, 17.00 CET

dev-stream-thumbnail_resized-jpg.73618

Hi all,

Thursday the 4th of December at 17.00 CET we will have our next dev stream, which as the last time will be a show and tell of things to come and what we have been working on since last time.

This will also give us the opportunity to answer some of your questions. So if you have any questions please post them in this thread and we will answer them. Well at least as many of them as time allows!

the Dev stream will take place o twitch:
http://www.twitch.tv/raceroomracingexperience

And if you want to see the last dev streams then please check them out here:

Attachments

• dev-stream-thumbnail_resized.jpg
    dev-stream-thumbnail_resized.jpg
    556.3 KB · Views: 1,464
@Msportdan, Mr. @Heppsan mentioned a while ago that he did a pen&paper Championship made of single races. To me it's great! Of course it's nothing automated or fancy but hey, it's a patch/solution to a current missing feature. The beauty of human brain is that it adapts to situations and overcomes problems. Even if I know that would be nice to have NOW a cool Championship feature in the game, I definitely can't say I'm bothered by this "lack" and cannot enjoy the other amazing things that are in R3E. I'd be probably pi$$ed like hell if it happened after release date, but up to now I just enjoy what I have (Which is a lot! Look at that list that @Peter Koch posted!!).
I'm not saying you're saying that. Still, I'm pretty sure that S3S guys know what they're doing and if they say it takes time and testing, I believe it's true. Look at the DTM 2014 bug reports around here about the Championships (time between AI cars and player's not showing correctly, AI stuck in the pits, Scoring chart not updating/wrong and so forth...). So instead of having a less then half-stable thing, it's better at this point to wait, no?

That's what we do all the time, new shaders, new lighting settings per track, fog implementation. We don't have the best graphic engine out there but we put tons of details in our work.

I'm sure you see this :)

Don't sell yourself short, R3E is still a very good looking game when the eye candy is cranked up. My only gripe is that you guys need to get SLI support. For those of us that run high resolutions and two or more video cards, it sucks to only be able to use one of them.

I say again: Minis!? :cautious:

There wasn't much Q&A to be honest, @Jay Ekkel , more just announcements and teasers and pick out a few things to answer from the list here. Nice announcements, but get someone to answer a few more questions, please? My Friday Nights are waiting for an R3E Mini... :unsure:

Indeed. I'm also really impressed how much new content is coming. Great job guys!!
With DTM'92 (best ever) and dedicated servers released, i will be happy for a very long time. :D
Can't wait...

yeah, lots of news, announcements and teases for the next weeks and months :thumbsup:

wished there could be more infos about physics-related stuff, like flatspots, tyre dirt, engine damage, car damage. features are coming in the next weeks and months, thats good.

since i only play offline, i can't wait for a custom championship aswell, but honestly, not with this unbalanced AI. In AC i tried custom career which is like a custiom championship, the bad AI and AIW's ruined this gamemode.

yeah, lots of news, announcements and teases for the next weeks and months :thumbsup:

wished there could be more infos about physics-related stuff, like flatspots, tyre dirt, engine damage, car damage. features are coming in the next weeks and months, thats good.

since i only play offline, i can't wait for a custom championship aswell, but honestly, not with this unbalanced AI. In AC i tried custom career which is like a custiom championship, the bad AI and AIW's ruined this gamemode.

I think the AI is great...needs some tweaks for sure, but of all the games I have played it is the best imo.

I think the AI is great...needs some tweaks for sure, but of all the games I have played it is the best imo.

didn't say it's bad, ofc here and there some tweaks, some ai-improvements will be in dec.-update, so looking forward... i mean unbalanced, the AI-Strength for each car and track. if there is a track (and there are some :D) where the ai is taking corners slow without any reason.... or one track the ai is superfast, though the same ai-strength and that's not because i'm slow on that track, they seem to have more grip there.... etc. etc.

its almost as if no one understands these words

BETA
WIP
ALPHA

those are very important , they tell you things are in development
ive been with this through the raceroom forums , the cbt and the beta testers phase , i have seen so much developement happining oin the last few months ; and when jay says testing takes time hes not joking ; tonight i wont be racing with you guys in the wtcc zandvoort as there is stuff that needs endless testing ...thats how it is , you find a bug /you try to duplicate it , then someone else tries to confirm it but they cant , but someone else can , so is it random /hardware a glitch that replicated itself .... so round and round it goes ....;

content and features are in constant developement

using the words "i dont understand why you just cant" doesnt make it easier , because your premis is wrong , its not cant , its just its not ready , its too buggy, its broken , its not fully tested etc etc ; and when its ready and done you guys get it within hours generally

so, breath , wait a little and it will come , just maybe not in the time scale you want

if you ask Jay , and hes not wearing a stupid pink shirt , he will tell you that im a royal pain in the ass, i ask the same questions you guys do , but i realise that im not alone , the whole development team asks the same questions , fights the same battle s to get all of the feature you guys want out there ; remember all of the team are guys who sim race ,they want the best , the fvery best , but sometimes due to code or tech a compromise is the only solution until it can be worked around/tested/verified/tweaked/retested and finally delivered
love and peace and fluffy kittens

Andi

Jay.
With the Fabcar and liveries to G5 Classics, and more liveries to Touring Classics and GT2 you are starting to close those grid holes!! :laugh:
What I've been wanting for for a long time! :thumbsup:
Only full grids in the GTO class I'm really longing for after that.. :inlove:

But how about moving the Ford Mustang to the GT3 class?
I really like that car, but not fun with only that one car in a class by itself!.. :(

And will we get any other cars/car to the GT1 class?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.