Dev stream Q&A - Thursday Dec 4, 17.00 CET

dev-stream-thumbnail_resized-jpg.73618

Hi all,

Thursday the 4th of December at 17.00 CET we will have our next dev stream, which as the last time will be a show and tell of things to come and what we have been working on since last time.

This will also give us the opportunity to answer some of your questions. So if you have any questions please post them in this thread and we will answer them. Well at least as many of them as time allows!

the Dev stream will take place o twitch:
http://www.twitch.tv/raceroomracingexperience

And if you want to see the last dev streams then please check them out here:

Attachments

• dev-stream-thumbnail_resized.jpg
    dev-stream-thumbnail_resized.jpg
    556.3 KB · Views: 1,463
im also a little worried about where this title is going.. Ive played lots of simbin games, and i believe they always had the best offline experiences. Why they ignoring that here is beyond me since dtm has this feature in. why is it being ignored for RRe? is it license issues, is it programming issues. i simply dont get it. I don't want to just see seasons for experiences, i want to season the radicals or the vette prototypes.. Otherwise we may as well just use the experiences and ignore everything else!! Think i wasted my money getting these cars outside of experiences then?!

But as said above what the point of playing it.... if theres no reward?

Surely they wont to get people enticed in this early stage, rather than people get bored and not interested by the time it fully out.

it simple really, small team and loads of work to do. Don't know what more to say about the speed of things happening. On the other side of the camera there is not a team of 120 people hiding in silence!

I also can't say I agree that offline is being ignored? Single race, championships, ai improvements almost monthly, great line up of content added a great rate.

You are right, there is no custom championship. No denying that, but give it some time and it will come. :)

Until then try to focus more on what you have, rather than what you miss, and life will be so much easier!

i don't find single races pointless, I actually enjoy a good 21 laps race on norisring with DTM, just because its fun :)

Opinions differ, I enjoy it too, but only once a week or so, I miss the excitement. But I recon I will just have to wait (again :-().

Also you shouldn't see the complaining as something negative, these people want something with your game cause they like it and want to like it even more.

they are not alone in wanting the game to be more. I like to think its part of my job in keeping you informed and at times temper the expectation on what is humanly possible with our team.

@Msportdan there is no such thing as simple in game development sadly enough. Just as an example, the QA time alone for adding championships to R3E is insanely long considering the car/track combos, the potential fixes that might be required etc etc. Its not a "simple copy/paste" and get things to work.

Last edited:
Opinions differ, I enjoy it too, but only once a week or so, I miss the excitement. But I recon I will just have to wait (again :-().

Also you shouldn't see the complaining as something negative, these people want something with your game cause they like it and want to like it even more.

Just wondering what you miss for it to be exciting? is the Ai to slow to be thrilling to race (i am not that fast i race at 105% and its ace!) or are there elements that you find lacking?

thanks jay for the reply pls dont take offense at what im saying i appreciate the teams work..

But what i dont get, that custom season isnt some new wave of technology its been in race games for many years.. I know maybe tyre tech/physics etc has moved forward since then, but isnt the formula the same for devising a season, you did it in DTM after all.?

i agree with the other guy.. yes it intense racing the AI. but i miss, having mid table fights with a certain driver, and not having to win or just reaching a certain position to attain the points needed to be in front, that sense of competivenes with a bunch of pixels and it all being played out in 9 races or so..

..thats whats lacking in most "sims" these days..

Just wondering what you miss for it to be exciting? is the Ai to slow to be thrilling to race (i am not that fast i race at 105% and its ace!) or are there elements that you find lacking?
No, don't get me wrong Jay, I think the AI, the feeling, the racing, everything is great. But for me a championship is the only thing that really keeps me excited. But I know you guys are busy and I am sure you are working on it, so I am patient and in the meantime I play some other games with GT's that have it ;-).

Every move we make takes time, implementation in the menus, make sure all cars work, that tire physics hold up for various race lengths, that AI works for all content with the cars, that it works for pitstops, that it works on all tracks, it works on all cars. and that list goes on and on.

An example used int he past is doing Q&A for a 24 hour race.

you are testing a 24 hours race feature but it break after 23 hours and 55 minutes.

First you have to repro the crash, which if it works the first time will take you 23 hours and 55 minuntes otherwise you ahve to try a few times to create a repro.
Most likely you will ask someone else to repro to make sure its not a local issue. which is another 23 hours and 55 minutes (if it show up everytime otherwise multiply with 4, just to be sure its bugged or not and what the repro is).

Then someone needs to fix it (which is xx amount of time).

Then someone has to try the fix which costs another 23.55 and someone else will have to do the same. Then you hope the fix works for both, If it works for both if it does you will have to do another test to be pretty sure it is fixed.

What will happen though that it is fixed for one, but still broken for the other, which means more session of trying and testing. Etc etc .Then another fix,then another few almost 24 hour sessions to confirm, and by the time we fixed the 23.55 bug, we created the 23.59 bug.......and so it continues ;)

All i am trying to say is that seemingly easy things, do take time.

as i said before jay, what you guys have done to Raceroom, (considering i didnt even want to try it before) is amazing, you literally have "turned it around".

Im happy for the team, but i also wouldnt be a critic if i didnt care for your title.

Has so much potential there,, shame to waste it..

Im sure your doing your upmost... But next time your in your production meeting, please give the season thing a little nod **wink wink**

Cheers

Nothing wrong with critics! Its good to be critical, i am just here trying to provide some enlightenment and understanding!

Our meetings are filled with people nodding and winking, there is only a few people that can turn those nods and winks into something real ;)

I really enjoyed the Dev stream yesterday. Exciting news.:cool:
And i have to say, that i'm really impressed how fast you actually roll out new content and features in the last 3 month with this small team and while you're on the move to a new location. Hats off, Sector3.:thumbsup:

@Andi Goodwin : You must be really disappointed, because no news about 4K grid girls. :cry:
;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back