Tracks Deutschlandring

I have nothing new to show, unless you want screenshots showing how I have been working hard to reduce the DIP values at a few points around the track, which would be pretty boring :p

Seriously, all I have been doing is optimising models and textures, fixing cameras that are behind spectators, adding a few bumps and dips, and basically getting it ready for release. There's very little left to do now apart from taking a few screenshots for the release page and trying to remember who has helped me over the last 2 years :rolleyes:

I should be done by Friday, I think :thumbsup:
I don't even know what a DIP value is. :redface:

Is it Friday already?

Amazing project! Can't wait to see the result.

For me this is much more than just another mod-track. It's some kind of history lesson, much better to keep the memory from this (racing)period alive than a history book can do.
For that you shall get all credit, Fat-Alfie.
Would be nice to have a short description of the history of the track as a part of the package. Especially about the people from the KZ (concentration camps) who were forced to work on this track. This mod should be dedicated to them.

Once again, thank you for your effort.
Regards from Sweden

Last edited:
Once I saw that the track was constructed for the 1940 German GP, I knew I had to take the Auto Union Type C out on the track. It's probably one of the hardest car and track combinations out there, but they almost feel like they were meant for each other.
lbIUmkD.jpg

ShqAlGL.jpg

Just one question about the installation:
where is the extension\config\tracks\deutschlandring.ini supposed to be copied?

Neither my AC steam folder nor my AC personal folder has the extension folder. I tried to google about it but couldn't only find answers which were somewhat unclear for me.

Is extension in parallel to content in the steam folder, e.g.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\deutschlandring.ini

or in the personal folder
C:\Users\username\Documents\Assetto Corsa\extension\config\tracks\deutschlandring.inio

or somewhere else?

Thank you for your support, regards from Sweden
Olaf

Just one question about the installation:
where is the extension\config\tracks\deutschlandring.ini supposed to be copied?

Neither my AC steam folder nor my AC personal folder has the extension folder. I tried to google about it but couldn't only find answers which were somewhat unclear for me.

Is extension in parallel to content in the steam folder, e.g.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\deutschlandring.ini

or in the personal folder
C:\Users\username\Documents\Assetto Corsa\extension\config\tracks\deutschlandring.inio

or somewhere else?

Thank you for your support, regards from Sweden
Olaf
You get that folder when you have shaders patch installed, if you dont have shaders patch you dont need to worry about that file/folder. It just adds a cfg to give the track lights at night time when using shaders patch.

I'm not trying to blow my own trumpet, but I thought this screenshot might be worth sharing as a Content Manager loading screen for any vintage car/track fans :)
Screenshot_lotus_49_deutschlandring.jpg

I didn't take it with that intention in mind, but it works so well with CM's info panel on the RHS and makes me go 'Oooo..!' whenever it gets used as a loading screen by CM :inlove:

I'm not trying to blow my own trumpet, but I thought this screenshot might be worth sharing as a Content Manager loading screen for any vintage car/track fans :)View attachment 298672
I didn't take it with that intention in mind, but it works so well with CM's info panel on the RHS and makes me go 'Oooo..!' whenever it gets used as a loading screen by CM :inlove:
How do you actually set it up so that it loads up as the loading screen for the track?

Today I've finally had some time to spend driving Deutschlandring, and it really is a masterpiece. The more you drive the more it sucks you in. Really a pity that it never was used in real life. Maybe it would just have claimed to many lifes...
Easily my most favorite track to drive on right now. It has such a beautiful flow to it, and then all the landmarks.
Flat out past the start finish line, ball clinching right left combination, almost fully flat, then that 180° fully flat out right hander taken at whatever speed your machine is up to. Please dear left front tyre and suspension, don't fail on me just yet. Hard braking for the 3rd gear right hander, over the bridge, and into the woods, quick left right combinations follow in succession, no room for error, trees starting where the tarmac ends, two nasty left kinks waiting to claim your life. Soon, your leaving the woods, a nasty downward right hander leads you over the river again and onto the open. Throttle wide open in 4th gear and you're spearing towards the lowest part of the track. Just over the kink, as the stone wall of the bridge comes into sight, its hard on the brakes again, and down into second gear. Missing your braking point there, it's either the stone wall, or a 10 feet drop into the river bed. Now the serpentine road takes you up the hill again, the narrow bends and inclination of the road keeping you safely locked in first and second gear. Finally you clear the woods, trying to get a good exit out of that last blind right hander, and the car can stretch its legs again, roaring past the farms, the grandstand and ad boards coming into sight, and the crowd is going wild, as you blitz past for the next lap :laugh:;)

@gecco that's a fantastic description of the track! Can I hire you to write the cover page next time I release a new track? :laugh:

I always struggle to describe my tracks when it comes to release time. When you spend 2-3 hours working on it each week day (and probably twice that over the weekend) for 6 months solid it can be hard to be enthusiastic about things like the layout or the emotions you might be going through as you drive round a lap.

You might not be so eager to do a write up if I release Fonteny next, though ;):roflmao:

Fonteny - there are many corners, some left and some right. Then there are more corners, and after that there are some more corners. At a certain point your car falls off the road. Also there's a church.

Hmm, I suck at this. :(

Fonteny - there are many corners, some left and some right. Then there are more corners, and after that there are some more corners. At a certain point your car falls off the road. Also there's a church.

Hmm, I suck at this. :(

our description for Targa when release, after star/finish line you have one turn follow for another turns, some left, others right, when you think it is time to 3rd gear actually you miss a brake point and you will die at next turn :confused::roflmao: ... if you survive for 60 or so km, you have a 6km straight to take a break, and thanks god to keep you alive....

The part about there being a certain spot where your car falls off the road isn't actually a joke... there's this one sharp righthander just past a blind crest, and if you don't know it's coming you will miss it, and you will die in a very loud fire. :p

Your description the Targa Florio sounds about right too. :D

There's no more falling off roads :) (well, maybe off into the trees, but not off into oblivion). The full 26km road is now nicely welded to the surrounding 100 km² terrain. I'll send you a copy when you get back from sampling gelato and pizza :laugh:

I'm pretty sure the version I have is all welded up, it's been a while since I've literally fallen off the terrain. :)

I just meant you'll be leaving the road itself as there is no time to brake if you haven't done so in anticipation.

As always, TSOs and terrain details will probably make a huge difference. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back