Tracks Deutschlandring

Mission accomplished for today! Woohoo!! :roflmao: Working street lights, and daffodils (see what happens when you spend too much time walking your dog in the lovely Spring sunshine? :D)

lEO0Xsa.jpg

6bOBmZl.jpg

pYwPL5D.jpg
So Romantic :rolleyes: ,,,,,,:roflmao::roflmao:

Have to confess that as much I love your tracks I always feel a little bad for your cameramen perched up there in their watch towers... because you never give them a ladder! I just wanna know is it something personal you have against them or is just not worth the fps cost?
Can you see what kind of gear they use. Obviously they can teleport back to the future. :D

Can you see what kind of gear they use. Obviously they can teleport back to the future. :D

Point taken - that's what you get for being lazy (and assuming people aren't going to look too closely at your models :redface:). Cameras have been changed to a 1950s Pye model with 4 lenses (and no LCD screen! :roflmao:)
MWtmxnW.jpg

I like the fact that there's not 2 but at least 6 different type of cows XD

There are, well spotted :thumbsup: There are 12 different types. The one thing I have learned from trying to make tracks is that variety is king when it comes to increased realism. The eyes are very quick to pick up on repetition, so don't use 2 different cows - use 12 :)
DEEqixd.jpg

no 3d cows = no buy

Nope, no 3D cows :( But hey, good news - it will be free, so no need to buy :D

Mission accomplished for today! Woohoo!! :roflmao: Working street lights, and daffodils (see what happens when you spend too much time walking your dog in the lovely Spring sunshine? :D)

lEO0Xsa.jpg

6bOBmZl.jpg

pYwPL5D.jpg
I love it when modders go out of their way to add shaders support. This'll make night races here legendary. Adding some sheep or horses to the fields might be a good idea aswell if you'd like to. Love what you're doing Alife!

I am absolutely blown away by the lighting options that AC has now :confused: I know I am only scratching the surface of what is possible, but it's just stunning what you can achieve with a little time and patience :) I think I need to re-donate for both Sol and Content Manager because they have both made AC truly beautiful now :inlove:

I have improved the look of my street lights by splitting up the glowing objects into 'bulb' and 'glass'. This means I can make the bulbs glow really brightly, but make the glass look like it is picking up only a small amount of that illumination (rather than the thermonuclear lights I posted earlier :roflmao:)

boAHsYw.jpg

WK8QiYi.jpg

I think a street light on each of the hairpin bends up the hill climb section should look fairly realistic, and give enough illumination for night time races. I am working my way round the track adding these new illumination objects which although look really cool, will mean a delay to the track's release I think. I was looking at the end of February but I think it's going to be more like mid Feb now :(

I am absolutely blown away by the lighting options that AC has now :confused: I know I am only scratching the surface of what is possible, but it's just stunning what you can achieve with a little time and patience :) I think I need to re-donate for both Sol and Content Manager because they have both made AC truly beautiful now :inlove:

I have improved the look of my street lights by splitting up the glowing objects into 'bulb' and 'glass'. This means I can make the bulbs glow really brightly, but make the glass look like it is picking up only a small amount of that illumination (rather than the thermonuclear lights I posted earlier :roflmao:)

boAHsYw.jpg

WK8QiYi.jpg

I think a street light on each of the hairpin bends up the hill climb section should look fairly realistic, and give enough illumination for night time races. I am working my way round the track adding these new illumination objects which although look really cool, will mean a delay to the track's release I think. I was looking at the end of February but I think it's going to be more like mid Feb now :(
2020? :D I think it would look really cool if some of those windows were dark and others partially lit. Maybe the owner has a phobia of closed doors so the room is lit by the hallway. Or they recently purchased a lovely lamp and want to show it off so they turned off the main light in the study to appreciate the lamp but wait, the study is quite drafty so they moved the lamp to the dinning room and forgot to turn the main light back on in the study. Every light source must have a backstory or 1 star!!

Haha, love that idea! :roflmao:

I think I have 36 light cones so far, with probably another 15-20 to add. I know I need to keep an eye on the performance too - it's really easy to get carried away with the visual aspect :whistling:

And yes, smoke from the chimneys - only a simple flag shader, until someone can come up with track-based particles :unsure:

I think I'm almost done with the lights. I'm trying not to go too mad and put illumination all round the whole track (this is supposed to be the 1950s). I might just add one or two glowing objects on the seating areas in the heavily wooded section.

SRAvJq5.jpg

I think I'm almost done with the lights. I'm trying not to go too mad and put illumination all round the whole track (this is supposed to be the 1950s). I might just add one or two glowing objects on the seating areas in the heavily wooded section.

SRAvJq5.jpg
Now that you use that shader patch...

Did you solve that toxic river issue?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More leagues

• Prizes

• Trophies