Tracks Deutschlandring

Fences all done, apart from a few tweaks - yay! Onto the vegetation now :inlove:

3WQ0cRF.jpg

ul90mMw.jpg

fF2SIBV.jpg

wMiJ2tq.jpg

3WvxwGI.jpg

Bgpiauj.jpg

vaEBZ78.jpg
Coming together nicely, love it

Terrain is now populated with just over 36,000 low poly trees, all using a single 1024x512 texture. They're going to look great once I have baked their AO onto the terrain texture. I love AC :inlove:

dZ7199c.jpg

8e4Qgvg.jpg

dlk3iTf.jpg
Wow loving the speed at which your working. Looks like your on a mission to get this done. The pics look amazing by the way.

I wonder why you like to put fences everywhere, and at same distance from road. Just as Kunos done with their fictional tracks - fences everywhere. I can see reasons for such design, but it is unnatural and takes away experience IMO.

Why not to push it closer to the apex to make it more scary ? :D

Ok, thats not totally same distance, but with little deviation.

Little example from '38 Bremgarten

951e2529b2695fcd44b4e899651313cc.png

I wonder why you like to put fences everywhere, and at same distance from road. Just as Kunos done with their fictional tracks - fences everywhere. I can see reasons for such design, but it is unnatural and takes away experience IMO.

Why does anyone make stuff for sim racing? Because I enjoy it and it makes me happy.

I don't really understand the point that you are trying to make. You don't like fences? You don't like the tracks that I have made? That's okay; there are lots of other tracks for you to use :thumbsup: Some of them have fences too ;)

Since I have never lived in 1950s Germany (or 1970s Singapore) I base my tracks on what I know - roads running through the English countryside, which, unsurprisingly, feature a lot of fences (and walls, and hedges) close to the side of the road.

I think they look good (just my opinion ;)), they serve a purpose of creating an obstacle when racing, they limit the area of the track I need to make physical, they represent reality (based on the very few photos I have for the tracks I try and make). I think they are all valid reasons to add fences to my tracks. I agree that a single type of fence that ran the entire length of the track set at a constant distance from the edge of the road would seem artificial. But thankfully, I try to vary the design along the 20km of fencing on Deutschlandring between 8 different types, and they are set anywhere between 1m and 10m from the edge of the road.

At the end of the day, I make my tracks for me to enjoy. If you don't like it, don't use it; no one is forcing you to.

in the area of Argentina where I live there are fences everywhere, although they vary in their distance from the route, they are usually very repetitive and extend for hundreds of kilometers, if you go well south you will not see so many fences, the same if You go north, so I think it depends on each zone and each country, it's best to look at the photos well to get rid of all doubts :) If I ever get to build the Moroccan circuit of Aien Diab,for sure there will be a few fences there: )

At the end of the day, I make my tracks for me to enjoy. If you don't like it, don't use it; no one is forcing you to.

Thanks for reply, now when I checked English countryside pictures, I see why it could be that everything is closed in.

Also if I dislike how the fences are and how it restricts spaces and makes it a tunnel like. It is a bit an over reaction to make me sound like if I was hating on your tracks, which is not true, and I used to be testing them. I had some of the best online experience in Thomson. I think I can respectfully tell that I dislike certain design, like someone can say that he dislikes how I chose my carpaint to look like, or how bumpy the track is, as long as I don't demand and don't make a big deal out of it, don't reduce whole package for a one thing, I don't think I'm taking any fun away or disrespect.

I didn't accuse you of hating my tracks - I quite clearly said that I am more than happy for you to dislike my tracks, that's not a problem. I don't like modern F1 tracks, or flat tracks - they just don't tick any boxes for me, they don't interest me.

I just didn't see the point you were trying to make. I could understand if you were making an objective criticism (i.e. your trees are too green, or the buildings are the wrong style for that area), but you seemed to be making a subjective comment (my tracks are not to your taste) and that doesn't make any sense to me. I get that you don't like tracks that feel enclosed, but if that's how the roads that I make really are, why would I make them any differently? Would you criticise the maker of a modern racing circuit for placing those weird metal barriers all the way around the track edge? Or that they should try using dirt instead of tarmac?

If I spent all day commenting on things that I didn't like I would never get anything done at all. It just seemed weird for you to comment that you didn't like the style of track. I'm not saying you shouldn't criticise people's projects, but just to say that you don't like it is kind of strange, don't you think?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.