Tracks Deutschlandring

Finally got the Gasthaus Hochsteinschänke modelled, baked, textured and in-game :)

6 buildings, 1330 triangles, a single 2048 x 2048px texture :thumbsup:

V28z5ow.jpg

wIXrhEB.jpg

gbjKZEl.jpg
Stunning!

Finally got the Gasthaus Hochsteinschänke modelled, baked, textured and in-game :)

6 buildings, 1330 triangles, a single 2048 x 2048px texture :thumbsup:

V28z5ow.jpg

wIXrhEB.jpg

gbjKZEl.jpg
This looks really amazing!
Can we park there for a bit and have some proper German food and a cold one too?

One small niggle - the sign reads “Hochsteinschänefe” - it should read “Hochsteinschänke” ;-)

Thanks Dirk. I'll leave a gap in the hay bales for you ;)

Regarding the sign, that's partly my typo :)rolleyes:) and partly the German script I used in Photoshop. I had typed 'Hochsteinschäncke" with the extra 'c', but in all fairness the real sign is even more intelligible :O_o:

f9ealUq.jpg

kTybetv.jpg

Typo has now been corrected - cheers :)

Even in Germany less and less people re actually able to read "Alt-Deutsche Schrift" (Old-German Letters). There are also different writing versions of certain letters such as "g" or "k", …

It can get confusing enough for Germans ;-)

The second file with the facade in a nice wet and cold winter (see the Christmas decoration in the windows and the leaf-less tree) looks spot on for what would be used nowadays when using the old-german script.

The one thing I miss very, very much from Germany is in fact the food - you cannot get that anywhere else in the world and certainly not in Shanghai :-(

The one thing I miss very, very much from Germany is in fact the food - you cannot get that anywhere else in the world and certainly not in Shanghai :-(
I sometimes go to Shanghai on business trip (I live in Beijing, Italian) and I remember going to a Paulaner Brauhaus in Xintiandi (新天地), how do you rate that one? I do remember the pizza at the Italian place nearby being ok, although of course their best drink is acqua minerale and not beer.. :D

I sometimes go to Shanghai on business trip (I live in Beijing, Italian) and I remember going to a Paulaner Brauhaus in Xintiandi (新天地), how do you rate that one? I do remember the pizza at the Italian place nearby being ok, although of course their best drink is acqua minerale and not beer.. :D

The Paulaner in Xintiandi can be compared roughly to an Autobahn fast food joint in Germany.
The Paulaner directly at the Bund (Pudong side) is a little better but some of the food items really have not much in common with what they try to resemble :-(

The restaurants in Shanghai really have very short lives as the situation with super high rents, difficult administration and a constantly changing customer base is not really easy.
When you are back in Shanghai, give me a shout and lets see if Aqua Minerale is really the best drink available in town ;-)

This looks really amazing!
Can we park there for a bit and have some proper German food and a cold one too?

One small niggle - the sign reads “Hochsteinschänefe” - it should read “Hochsteinschänke” ;-)
It’s called Frakturschrift. All correct.
Edit: ups, still a typo, need better glasses. :redface:

It's always fun to see English people writing German terms. But as long as you don't misspell “Nordschleife“ as “Nordschliefe“ I won't complain ;)

Beautiful building. :) Ugh...I've been so sick lately. One thing after another. But I love coming back to the forums to see new progress posts. That usually cheers me up as I await the next cold. :(

I got another house modelled and in position this afternoon. This house is actually there in real life, on the RHS of Kurve 10, the last bend before the back straight (it was named Kurve 10 as part of the original hill-climb course up the hairpins from Hohnstein.

QrzmoBV.jpg

cEEXrog.jpg

f1ozwoM.jpg

The map of the original hill-climb (starting at the bridge at the end of the valley):
RKyFUE0.jpg

And some photos of the hill-climb, taken back in the 1930s:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/stefanmarjoram/sets/72157629488420492/detail/

Can't wait for this one matey, I already love the early version.
I seem to remember that you were thinking of an optional long loop extension at the start of the switchbacks at some point. Has this idea been shelved?

Are you sure that was me? My track has always followed the real-life route, as closely as possible. I know that someone else started to make the old Hohnstein Bergrennen for AC a while ago - maybe it was him rather than me.

I got another house modelled and in position this afternoon. This house is actually there in real life, on the RHS of Kurve 10, the last bend before the back straight (it was named Kurve 10 as part of the original hill-climb course up the hairpins from Hohnstein.

QrzmoBV.jpg

cEEXrog.jpg

f1ozwoM.jpg

The map of the original hill-climb (starting at the bridge at the end of the valley):
RKyFUE0.jpg

And some photos of the hill-climb, taken back in the 1930s:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/stefanmarjoram/sets/72157629488420492/detail/

I'd be interested to see how much detail you're putting into the geometry of these buildings versus normal maps and texture.

Looking great by the way

WW

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back