Tracks Deutschlandring

now!!! We need a Auto Union C :)
I remember, or think to remember, that Stefano over at the AC forums has once said, that he would have loved to get a pre WW2 racing car into the game, but it wasn't to be due to most people would not have been interested.
Would have been most epic!

I remember, or think to remember, that Stefano over at the AC forums has once said, that he would have loved to get a pre WW2 racing car into the game, but it wasn't to be due to most people would not have been interested.
Would have been most epic!
One day...
unknown.png

Excuse me drifting waaay off topic briefly...
Unfortunately I have no idea how one might try and emulate the crazy suspension it has, so until someone finds a way I doubt I'll put any time into the model.
Trailing arm front suspension is just parallel A-arms, only the pivots are oriented front/rear rather than inside/outside. Make the base of the A-arms very narrow, though that shouldn't matter in terms of game geometry.

Swing arm rear suspension are A-arms with a common chassis pivot at the u-joint.

From my slim understanding of AC's suspension, both should be possible unless Kunos put weird restrictions into the use of double A-arm model (like common pivot points result in divide-by-zero or something).

From my slim understanding of AC's suspension, both should be possible unless Kunos put weird restrictions into the use of double A-arm model (like common pivot points result in divide-by-zero or something).
The wrong antisquat is a big issue for weird use of DWB, the game actually has an internal fix for it but you can only access it with the shader patch (needs setting a variable that's not in any ini)

Front suspension's same as a Beetle I think? torsion spring trailing arms? Doesn't really do anything crazy. You'd be close enough just making it regular DWB with equal length arms.

Last edited:
The wrong antisquat is a big issue for weird use of DWB, the game actually has an internal fix for it but you can only access it with the shader patch (needs setting a variable that's not in any ini)

Front suspension's same as a Beetle I think? torsion spring trailing arms? Doesn't really do anything crazy. You'd be close enough just making it regular DWB with equal length arms.
Yeah i was thinking AC might panic a bit with antisquat if the wishbone mounting points were essentially perpendicular to how they should be in AC.
Guess it wouldn't be a huge deal to make them more conventional, though I did wonder if the strange layout would have some unique characteristics in terms of what braking torque would do.

(sorry for derailing the thread)

Yeah i was thinking AC might panic a bit with antisquat if the wishbone mounting points were essentially perpendicular to how they should be in AC.
Guess it wouldn't be a huge deal to make them more conventional, though I did wonder if the strange layout would have some unique characteristics in terms of what braking torque would do.

(sorry for derailing the thread)

giphy.gif

:D

btt:
Cannot wait for Deutschlandring, the wip pics look great already.

The beetle style front suspension might work out better with mcpherson front suspension. Or does the multilink system work for front suspensions?

I think I have the forest track-side vegetation how I want it now - 16 different plant types (all using the same texture/material), 28 different tree types (using 5 different textures) and 7 different low-poly distant trees (all using the same texture).

1 test section done, 39 more to do :O_o:

iBt5SMx.jpg

SApMxRY.jpg

I think I have the forest track-side vegetation how I want it now - 16 different plant types (all using the same texture/material), 28 different tree types (using 5 different textures) and 7 different low-poly distant trees (all using the same texture).

1 test section done, 39 more to do :O_o:

iBt5SMx.jpg

SApMxRY.jpg
Can't wait to drive this deluxe update. I already love the bare bones version and that looks like a wireframe in comparison to this.

Can't wait to drive this deluxe update. I already love the bare bones version and that looks like a wireframe in comparison to this.
Try driving the Honda S800 RSC there against a field of AI in 60's touring cars, it's an epic recipe (as far as AI racing in AC goes)!!

Ingredients:
4x Alfa Romeo GTA
4x Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ
3x Abarth 1000 Gr.5
2x Honda S800 RSC
4x Lancia Fulvia HF
2x Porsche 356A Track day
4x Porsche 718 RS60

Preperation:
Dice with all ingredients, then rev the little Honda engine until you cook it :D

Love the detail put into this, I had a big big smile on my face seeing the Hocksteinschänke. I remember the good food there when I visited the place years ago. :inlove:

Also good to see you decided to make a post war version with a country road layout. Spares a lots of discussion. ;)

Yeah, I know. Considering the track was never completed (the pits, timing tower and grandstands never existed) my version was always going to be semi-fictional, so I thought why not set it in the 1950s alongside my own Feldbergring track. That way I can at least share some assets.

I was going to base my architectural items on the only source I could find, but... :O_o:

Attachments

• Untitled-51.jpg
    Untitled-51.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 214

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering