Cars (DATA REPLACEMENT) RUF CTR-1 Yellowbird Improved Physics by Arch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the technical info and efforts put in this. Visually I think the car dives and squats way too much(replays). RUFs in general are not exactly boats or S-Classes.
But anyway thank you.

Cheers
Robin

Thanks for all the technical info and efforts put in this. Visually I think the car dives and squats way too much(replays). RUFs in general are not exactly boats or S-Classes.
But anyway thank you.

Cheers
Robin

Hey,

Squat is almost millimeter correct. Some examples of the car also squat *more*, probably due to aged bumpstops. Dive is also more or less correct. Not good to make assumptions when you haven't compared it yourself; but I thought they were off myself too initially. Hell, in earlier versions, they were.

However rear anti-lift isn't correct, like on every AC car without extended physics suspensions fix. It'll lift up half an inch, maybe an inch. Front lift is also weird on every 911, it seems correct from a standstill comparing between many cars but in some cases doesn't seem correct. We don't know why; front anti-lift won't really affect an RWD car like that. Perhaps the torsion bar becomes very stiff on droop? It's not impossible I suppose.

Here's a few vids:

Although this is the production CTR which is at a slightly different height IIRC. Yellowbird was a tad higher it seems, so it'll hit the stops later, giving the illusion of way more squat and dive. Even in the IRL vids. I used all the BM vids and some vids of present-day Yellowbird and historic vids like the Nordschleife lap as reference. Lifts on both axles seem off, but dives don't basically. Unsure if can be fixed, or why the front lift happens.

The 993 lift is more or less correct, by the way. We photomatched that one. ;)

The better question would be, why *doesn't* the CTR lift the front as much IRL? Not why the AC car lifts.
I can't explain it myself. One theory I thought of just now would be that it runs out of droop in the front! :roflmao:

EDIT: But it doesn't seem so.

15599743773_0f2c14d3cf_h.jpg

And a nifty comparison because I took one to check.

20191013005118_1.jpg

Mind you the rear trailing arm will retain a tad too much negative camber on droop: just a limitation of doing it with DWB. Better than having too much in compression. :roflmao:

EDIT 2: I tested just now and it doesn't seem as bad as I remembered from a standstill. Only thing I've changed since then is...rollbars. However I do remember it lifting up the inside-front too much in a drift compared to one more recent video: which can be because the whole car was way lower due to aged stops in that video. However on higher speed straights compared to some videos of the Nords lap, the front seems lower in 3rd gear or so than in AC; and he does appear to be full throttle.

:O_o:

Last edited:
OK thanks for the explanation. I was talking about the visual(replays) looks of it. Nothing more:)

The squatting is 'no problem' by the looks of it(Bovingdon testing CTR 7 years ago)
It's the braking diving which LOOKS way too much imo.

Edit, two screenshots, same speed and full brakingpoint @ Barca:
ExzZ1Tm.jpg

ECDC2Jv.jpg

Car is driving nice etcetera.
But why does the latest update have a brakebalance standard setup at 55 F/R and not like 61?

Cheers
Robin

Last edited:
OK thanks for the explanation. I was talking about the visual(replays) looks of it. Nothing more:)

The squatting is 'no problem' by the looks of it(Bovingdon testing CTR 7 years ago)
It's the braking diving which LOOKS way too much imo.

Car is driving nice etcetera.
But why does the latest update have a brakebalance standard setup at 55 F/R and not like 61?

Cheers
Robin
I compared braking dive into some corners on Nords, and it's functionally identical. Just looks way more due to rear lift, on flat ground. In the corners where the car goes into a big compression on both axles, it looks relatively fine.

Drives better at full rear. There was an adjuster for brake bias tucked behind the seats, and I imagine they'd set it full-rear themselves.

I

Drives better at full rear. There was an adjuster for brake bias tucked behind the seats, and I imagine they'd set it full-rear themselves.

For me it absolutely doesn't. 59-61 is ok.
Why should they set it full rear then?
(I know about 911 layout and brake balance no worries)

I put two screenshots in my former post fwiw:)

Cheers
Robin

Got a worthwhile update lined up for later. Fixed a few sizeable mistakes thanks to some new data and put in load curves. I haven't driven it yet, but it looks real good on paper. :thumbsup:

My first lap w/o crashes at Nordschleife with this car is thanks to your mod. Thanks a lot for the work.

But I noticed 2 things:
- Too much front overwheel (I don't know it is the correct word) at braking. I notice how the front wheels are totally turned to right or left and car continues straight.
- The rear is not pushing any more. It's too much stable I think. This car, when I drove at GT5, is very balanced at those points.

Sure, I'm not a pilot, even not a good game-driver, but those two things I noticed at very first gameplay. I'm not negative with your mod, of course. Only writing my thoughts.

In Gran Turismo 5 I expend a lot of hours playing time attack with Yellowbird. No online, no championships... I enjoyed every corner of nordschleife with that car.

So, I bought Assetto when I saw RUF it is added. But at very first gameplay was so bad and disapointing... Terrible behaviour. Not even turbo at 10%, 20... whatever, car doesn't push but still being super nervous, too much weight rear... Horrible.

With your mod you gave me illusion to spend hours turning at nords with 'my' Yellowbird.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Hi! I noticed a very strange bug which is especially visible on street 80s tires. Under 20 kph they screech like crazy end emit smoke for whatever reason. Quite annoying while turning around on LA Canyons for example.
Another thing is a visual offset of front wheels. Values are uneven between left and right. I guess it has been done to compensate for asymmetrical tire fittings on the original 3d model. However after latest csp update the problem has been fixed. Now the car doesn’t require any additional visual upgrades.
Also any news on the alignments? You can see even from the stance of the real car that values are indeed different to Porsche 930. As it is, the neutral camber on the front really doesn't make for flawless driving experience.
I may sound a bit negative but I really enjoy the car a lot lately. Almost perfect thing for Canyons.

Under 20km/h is a shitfest in all simulators. It's not really worth targeting at all and all cars just don't turn well enough at such low speeds.

I'll check the offset; it was done for that.

Pretty sure I matched the alignment to the real car, but maybe not. If you can find me specs for the prototype CTR-1; not the 930, then it'd help.

Hey the game always crashes when it's loading the car. I did exactly what's decribed in the readme but it just won't work

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back