Cars (DATA REPLACEMENT) RUF CTR-1 Yellowbird Improved Physics by Arch

Status
Not open for further replies.
first thing: sorry for my english.
Second thing: I have been in love with the Yellowbird from all my life. It's my favorite car.
Third: I have created a setup. Here I leave it for you to try it. I think the reactions of the car have improved and now the behavior is more logical.
(Street tyres)

Pressure: 34psi for all wheels.
FRONT_ Camber -2.2 deg Toe -8
REAR_ Camber -1,2 deg Toe 24
Brake Bias_ 56%
Diff Power_ 60%
Diff coast_ 40%
Maybe try with camber front -2,4 and rear -1,4 (+0,2 both)

It is not fine, but it is very manageable right now

@Kyuubeey Thanks for all!!!

This setup is better

Pressure: front 34psi 32psi rear.
FRONT_ Camber -2.4 deg Toe -8
REAR_ Camber -1,2 deg Toe 24
Brake Bias_ 58%
Diff Power_ 60%
Diff coast_ 40%

Hey the game always crashes when it's loading the car. I did exactly what's decribed in the readme but it just won't work. I even have tried extracting on a file by file basis. Really seems to crash on data.acd file. Even tried if the graphics improvement mod would help. Do not have an CSM running or anything.

Followed these steps:
make 1 new folder on content\cars:
arch_ruf_ctr_1987

copy from folder ruf_yellowbird
all these files to the new previously created folder:
arch_ruf_ctr_1987

Extract and replace all from the downloaded file

Hey the game always crashes when it's loading the car. I did exactly what's decribed in the readme but it just won't work. I even have tried extracting on a file by file basis. Really seems to crash on data.acd file. Even tried if the graphics improvement mod would help. Do not have an CSM running or anything.

Followed these steps:
make 1 new folder on content\cars:
arch_ruf_ctr_1987

copy from folder ruf_yellowbird
all these files to the new previously created folder:
arch_ruf_ctr_1987

Extract and replace all from the downloaded file
I'd forgot to add that you need to replace the sound. Easiest way is via CM's "replace sound" function to replace it with the KS CTR sound, as the sound is not bundled with the mod, you see.

The CTR mod is a tad old so I must have forgot to put it in. I'll try to remember to fix it if/when I update this.

I'd forgot to add that you need to replace the sound. Easiest way is via CM's "replace sound" function to replace it with the KS CTR sound, as the sound is not bundled with the mod, you see.

The CTR mod is a tad old so I must have forgot to put it in. I'll try to remember to fix it if/when I update this.

Hi,

Thanks for your fast response. When i try to override the soundfile with CM im getting te following error and getting a bit lost now :)

Thanks in advance!

Audio log (AudioEngine.cpp:1198): Loading bank content/cars/arch_ruf_ctr_1987/sfx/arch_ruf_ctr_1987.bank
0000000010002413 (EZFRD64): (filename not available): DllRegisterServer
00007FFA6E582851 (WINMM): (filename not available): PlaySoundW
00007FFA78FA7BD4 (KERNEL32): (filename not available): BaseThreadInitThunk
00007FFA7A5CCE51 (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlUserThreadStart

Hi,

Thanks for your fast response. When i try to override the soundfile with CM im getting te following error and getting a bit lost now :)

Thanks in advance!

Audio log (AudioEngine.cpp:1198): Loading bank content/cars/arch_ruf_ctr_1987/sfx/arch_ruf_ctr_1987.bank
0000000010002413 (EZFRD64): (filename not available): DllRegisterServer
00007FFA6E582851 (WINMM): (filename not available): PlaySoundW
00007FFA78FA7BD4 (KERNEL32): (filename not available): BaseThreadInitThunk
00007FFA7A5CCE51 (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlUserThreadStart
Are you doing it with the CM option Replace sound?

Amazing car now. I can drift it around like Stefan Roser, with basically zero practice time (just a few corners to feel the weight balance). That's my ultimate test: Can I drive a sim car the way I would a real one. Thank you so much for giving the car properly (slower) steering. It really makes a huge difference. I should've bought a 930 when they were cheap (in the early 2000's), so this is probably as close as I'll ever get.

One quick question:

Do you have an idea what sort of camber settings they used from the Ruf factory? I get much-improved front grip by running some pretty extreme negative camber up front on this car (-2 deg or so).

Amazing car now. I can drift it around like Stefan Roser, with basically zero practice time (just a few corners to feel the weight balance). That's my ultimate test: Can I drive a sim car the way I would a real one. Thank you so much for giving the car properly (slower) steering. It really makes a huge difference. I should've bought a 930 when they were cheap (in the early 2000's), so this is probably as close as I'll ever get.

One quick question:

Do you have an idea what sort of camber settings they used from the Ruf factory? I get much-improved front grip by running some pretty extreme negative camber up front on this car (-2 deg or so).
The alignment is like a roadcar right now, but I figured out closer Ruf alignment from the help of a few users many months ago. They've never been posted but you can do it visually.

The front camber is something like -1.5~ to -1.8~, rear camber is something like -0.5~ to -0.8~.

-1.5 and -0.5 is probably not unreasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back