Dallara FX/17

Cars Dallara FX/17 0.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
garyjpaterson submitted a new resource:

Dallara FX/17 - Fictional lightweight track-day car designed for Assetto Corsa.

Do not redistribute this content without permission from myself – so no re-hosting, just provide a link to this page. Do not convert or modify this content in any way without permission from myself.

Dallara-BMW FX/17

Fictional car designed and built from scratch for Assetto Corsa by Gary Paterson.

3D Model: @garyjpaterson
Physics: @garyjpaterson
Sounds: @Modek...

Read more about this resource...

Awesome!
The sound is great. Just like riding a bike. And the little exhaust pops. Nice!
Visually stunning. I had imagined that checkerboard stuff to be carbon fibre so that was a bit of a surprise :p
The HUD rpm lights appear very dull (washed out). It might be because I'm currently forced to run at very low settings. When getting away from the sun they also iluminate making the LEDs impossible to see.
20170216203809_1.jpg
The exhaust flame looks a bit small when seen from behind.

No big problems ofcourse, but worth mentioning. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some driving to do :D

Awesome!
The sound is great. Just like riding a bike. And the little exhaust pops. Nice!
Visually stunning. I had imagined that checkerboard stuff to be carbon fibre so that was a bit of a surprise :p
The HUD rpm lights appear very dull (washed out). It might be because I'm currently forced to run at very low settings. When getting away from the sun they also iluminate making the LEDs impossible to see.
View attachment 173582
The exhaust flame looks a bit small when seen from behind.

No big problems ofcourse, but worth mentioning. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some driving to do :D

Definitely worth mentioning! :thumbsup: Will look into them for the next update (hoping to not do loads of little updates, rather do few bigger ones, as nobody is going to bother downloading them all :laugh:)!

Cheers

smkgkiC.jpg

Only little issue I have (probably a fix, didnt read any documentation) is MPH on the dash. :)

Otherwise, hot damn, that is fun.

First of all: Many Thanks for your great work :thumbsup:
Awesome 3D model and nice details. It drives complete different as I've expected, more tricky but its really fun to drive your space creation. :)
Its a pleasure to drive it with RealHeadMotion and see the suspension work :inlove:
Your To do list and some comments above are exactly what I would suggest as improvements for your car to make it perfect. :geek:
Also great work regarding the showroom animations. (The wings left and right are functional or just eye candy?)

There is only one thing that makes me stop to driving your car atm. The sound.
Its really great sometimes but there is a really annoying frequency at speed. Its sound like tinnitus and unhealthy. Especially on the left ear. I've tried it with Sades SA903 7.1 headset and also with very good inears from AKG to be sure the issue is not on my side. Both produce the same scary frequency. :confused:

Keep up your awesome work :thumbsup:
Thank You :inlove:
https://www.amazon.de/Sades-USB-Gam...?ie=UTF8&qid=1487316914&sr=8-5&keywords=sades

What is this? Looks like dinosaur scales or something, I love it! :D

First of all: Many Thanks for your great work :thumbsup:
Awesome 3D model and nice details. It drives complete different as I've expected, more tricky but its really fun to drive your space creation. :)
Its a pleasure to drive it with RealHeadMotion and see the suspension work :inlove:
Your To do list and some comments above are exactly what I would suggest as improvements for your car to make it perfect. :geek:
Also great work regarding the showroom animations. (The wings left and right are functional or just eye candy?)

There is only one thing that makes me stop to driving your car atm. The sound.
Its really great sometimes but there is a really annoying frequency at speed. Its sound like tinnitus and unhealthy. Especially on the left ear. I've tried it with Sades SA903 7.1 headset and also with very good inears from AKG to be sure the issue is not on my side. Both produce the same scary frequency. :confused:

Keep up your awesome work :thumbsup:
Thank You :inlove:

The left and right active cooling ducts are functional in a sense that they open on close based on a few different parameters to balance between drag and cooling capacity - but cosmetic in that there is no cooling functionality in AC. But they do effect drag, but very marginally :)

I'll pass on your points about the SFX, personally i haven't had any problems though.

Appreciate all the feedback guys :thumbsup:

What is this? Looks like dinosaur scales or something, I love it! :D

The left and right active cooling ducts are functional in a sense that they open on close based on a few different parameters to balance between drag and cooling capacity - but cosmetic in that there is no cooling functionality in AC. But they do effect drag, but very marginally :)

I'll pass on your points about the SFX, personally i haven't had any problems though.

Appreciate all the feedback guys :thumbsup:

Just a test with a snakeskin texture.:rolleyes:

This car accepts a thousand skin options:inlove:

Have you tried listening to any videos? I'm not really sure what I'm listening out for, but this seems ok to me -

Yes I've. It sounds similar to me on short tracks like in the video and there is no issue for me. I've tested also your car at Thomson Road Grand Prix by Fat-Alfie. The strange sound comes up on the long straights at higher speed and revs. Maybe its track related :thumbsdown:

You're mentioning tinnitus, which usually is a very high pitched tone. Maybe most of us are too old (or have partied too much) to hear it :cry:
I can't hear anything higher than about 14kHz..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back