Do not redistribute this content without permission from myself – so no re-hosting, just provide a link to this page. Do not convert or modify this content in any way without permission from myself.
Fictional car designed and built from scratch for Assetto Corsa by Gary Paterson.
3D Model: @garyjpaterson
I can barely believe it, but finally after almost 16 months of messing about with AC Modding, I’ve finally call myself ‘a modder’!
It’s not perfect, and from what I gather it’s certainly not everyone’s cup of tea, but it’s my creation and I’m proud to release it into the world after just under 4 months since its creation (feels like much longer). There are issues (a little bit twitchy to drive at times, model lacks detail in some areas and too much in others…), but I think it’s not too bad for a first release.
(And let’s face it, it’s fictitious and designed by me, so I can’t exactly be wrong now, can I? )
I won’t go into too much detail about what this car is and isn’t, I’ll let you discover that in your own time – but feel free to check out the description in-game or the information files in the download if you want to learn more about the car.
Finally, I want to make clear, the main objective of this project is for pure enjoyment – I’ve certainly enjoyed (almost) all of the development process, and if just one person enjoys driving it then I consider it a success.
Special thanks to the great community here at RaceDepartment (the "What Are You Working On?" Thread ) – all positive messages, constructive feedback and great advice from experienced members was greatly appreciated and kept me motivated.
Also cheers to those helped with testing duties and offered their time and opinions to help improve the final product, your assistance has been invaluable!
- Gearshift Animations (first attempt was crashing the game)
- LOD C and D (Only a LOD B for now, so performance with multiple AI isn’t perfect)
- New skins/liveries (if anyone is able to make some cool skins, I can include them in future updates – sorry for the bad template!)
- Tyre texture (will come when I make the Transit S2 tyres – same texture)
- Visual Damage/Dirt implementation
- Static Windscreen/Interior Reflection
- Potentially a new wheel (rim) model to replace the generic ones I have now?
- Maybe some tyre physics tweaking (specifically thermals)
- More optimisation (textures)
See full progress album from start to finish here: http://imgur.com/a/q3bSU