Custom Shaders Patch debug app Advanced

Apps Custom Shaders Patch debug app Advanced v1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
With the latest I did get a very respectable results with Union Island and it raised my hopes up. It would be very useful if you fix it. The other option for recording cameras not only takes bigger effort but makes them switch in an unpleasant way. If there is an option to increase "OUT" distance on that I could resort to using it. I'm using Ctrl+C and F5 cam on the AI to add cameras as it goes round the line. I position the view at the rear quarter close to the road edge and aim for the next camera position the same time as I click to add camera. Could get exhausting on tracks like SRP which takes over 90 min for ultrafast AI to complete a lap of ~200 km...

wait, so it works on some tracks, but not others? try not to use "Esc" during recording, it might be that this will stop/reset recording, other than that, ai line and time gates must work.
edit: and start recording near the finish line (AC_TIME_0...) not somewhere far out on track...

Last edited:
With the latest I did get a very respectable results with Union Island and it raised my hopes up. It would be very useful if you fix it. The other option for recording cameras not only takes bigger effort but makes them switch in an unpleasant way. If there is an option to increase "OUT" distance on that I could resort to using it. I'm using Ctrl+C and F5 cam on the AI to add cameras as it goes round the line. I position the view at the rear quarter close to the road edge and aim for the next camera position the same time as I click to add camera. Could get exhausting on tracks like SRP which takes over 90 min for ultrafast AI to complete a lap of ~200 km...
just looked at HighForce, it has the time gates in the opposite direction of what the ai line is driving at the first loop, the app wont detect correctly when to start
edit: or i am missed smth

Last edited:
actually the thing wont work on traffic-ai-lines, where its basically double the length of what the app expects

and start recording near the finish line (AC_TIME_0...) not somewhere far out on track..
You mean to press "auto record cameras" just before the timing gate? I'm always doing that anyway. With the High Force line that happens in the parking area and there the line is overlapped with the second U-turn... I can try to avoid that if the moment of activating the recording matters...
the thing wont work on traffic-ai-lines, where its basically double the length of what the app expects
See, that's not true since the Union Island is a traffic line. But with an exception which gives me an idea - I could try moving the timing gate of High Force or other traffic line in a place where the two opposite line directions are further apart... I' ll try the two things and report with the results. Meanwhile I tinkered a bit with the manual mode and by changing line 1472 in "AccExtHelper.py" to read
Code:
            + '\nIN_POINT=' + str(round(cPoT,6) - 0.004)
I got very interesting camsets that follow the car much more like the pro-shot on TV. And that it did on a very narrow mountain pass with lots of bends. That said I can't talk about coding since I'm not a programmer and can't create a script on a blank slate even if my life depended on it. I'm just (somewhat) good at guessing.

I' ll try the two things and report with the results
I got a working camset from "auto record" on High Force! Third time lucky... Or more probably it was the change of CSP settings and moving the "AC_TIME_0" gate that got me this far. The line was made by me a while ago with renaming "pit_lane.ai.candidate" and it has it's first vertex slightly after the default gate. That confuses the AccExtHelper and it stops at 2 cams. But not before disabling the "New AI behavior" and "Use double precision physics" I got a camset that has it's correct positions of the cams. And that is with an * as there are some cams that got under ground and need manual editing of the second value in "POSITION=". That is doable but would be even better if the app doesn't do that. You specified ">>min/max height in meters, added on top of current cam-height, random value is used from resulting range" but it seems the actual resulting height is plus or minus the random value from the range. Next test I'm doing is on SRP and will set min/max height to 0 and see what comes out. Wish me luck!

Last edited:
So to sum it up: the bigger problems are not dependent on AccExtHelper and only things that can be improved in it are fixing the resulting height of cams, adding a shortcut key for the manual mode to add cams (the mouse cursor constantly hides and in the time it takes to reappear the right cam spot is often missed), adding a possibility for manually adding cams when auto record is active so when "IN" and "OUT" are set big we can cover better some tight sections as the AI goes driving.
There is really a problem with some of the code in AccExtHelper because if I try to set 0 (or 1) on Minimum and Maximum height to eliminate randomness it refuses to do auto recording. It needs at least 0 to 1 diapason to work now. I mean the original 0.99n, not the one with my "intervention". See the attached screens for illustration

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    700.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    659.8 KB · Views: 64
  • Clipboard03.jpg
    Clipboard03.jpg
    632.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Clipboard04.jpg
    Clipboard04.jpg
    658 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
While I crawl over the corrections in the text editor it occurred to me that it would be very reliable and convenient if you can make the auto record take the location of a vertex on the side line and add vertical offset (maybe that is how it works now) but also make interactive option with hotkey for us to toggle between left or right side line so the cam is added on the more open place in a tight section. And that also can add good variety in the large camset.
In the attachment I packed the cameras file for High Force that has problems with cams height so maybe you can use it to figure out if AccExtHelper needs some changes. How does the app calculate the height? Does the cam position, FOV and direction matter when recording? I did two consecutive runs with auto record and the position and direction of F5 cam was different but the results were identical and with the same height errors. On the third new attempt "Origin shift" off makes no difference nor switching before activating auto record to one of the F6 cams fixed backwards and exactly set to FOV 42. Same as before - when the car climbs the cams get under ground and when going down hill the cams raise too high.

Attachments

• prob cameras.7z.txt
    23.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Please Stop This updated Custom Shaders Patch debug app Advanced with a new update entry:

v1.0 - 18 dec 2021

-removed cam info, use CamInfo app :) https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/caminfo.46609/
-fixed auto recording and overlays recording
-fixed shortcuts disabled by the app itself on the slightest error

Here are the (none-bloated) default apps for CSP:

Read the rest of this update entry...

hey, what's up, i've just tried to make cameras with latest version and it makes the cameras.ini but it writes
CAMERA_COUNT=0
and that makes the game crash.
By changing into the correct camera count it fixes it.
Though I'm probably doing something wrong. I'm trying again and I think I managed to make a camera set.

Last edited:
temporary fix for "AUTO record cameras.ini", update soon
overwrite your current steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\AccExtHelper\AccExtHelper.py
(remove .txt from atached file)

Attachments

• AccExtHelper.py.txt
    94.2 KB · Views: 97

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back