Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

Workshop not working in Content Manager. The message that comes up is:

Navigation failed
Cannot locate resource 'pages/workshop/workshopcarbrandshorizonal.xaml'.

Source
/Pages/Workshop/WorkshopCarBrandsHorizonal.xaml?Content=cars&Category=car-brands&SearchBy=carBrand

Stack Trace
System.IO.IOException: Cannot locate resource 'pages/workshop/workshopcarbrandshorizonal.xaml'.
at MS.Internal.AppModel.ResourcePart.GetStreamCore(FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at System.IO.Packaging.PackagePart.GetStream(FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at System.IO.Packaging.PackagePart.GetStream()
at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator)
at FirstFloor.ModernUI.Windows.DefaultContentLoader.<LoadContentAsync>d__0.MoveNext()

Suggestions
Copy the error details to the clipboard. Try to refresh this page or go back.

The suggestions did not change anything. Any suggestions here?
*edit* there are a few users on Steam with the same issue fyi.

Cheers
Yep, I've got the same problem and still not found a solution.

I have a question too which is when you add websites to Content Manager and then under "Get new mods" you click a car from a site and CM automatically installs it for you straight from the site, by downloading the compressed file for you, which is a great time saver. But does it store that downloaded file of a track or car somewhere or if you have to reinstall do you have to remember where you downloaded some of your cars and tracks from, could be hundreds...? Just though it would be really helpful if it is saving all the files somewhere in case I need to reinstall or even fix a car I altered incorrectly... ;)
Its downloaded to C:\Users\USERS NAME\AppData\Local\Temp :thumbsup:

i keep getting this prompt every time i start content manager.

"POTENTIAL PERFORMANCE ISSUE DETECTED

Fault Tolerant Heap might be considerably slowing down loading process of Assetto Corsa, but to disable it, a few values in Windows Registry have to be changed, and that would require administrator privilegies. Would you like for Content Manager to disable it automatically, or just prepare a .reg-file for you to inspect and import manually?

You might need to restart your Windows for changes to apply."

has anyone else had this and if so is it ok to let CM make changes and stop this pop up?

thanks

HMMM...Looks like CM got a tummy ache

/Pages/Workshop/WorkshopCarBrandsHorizonal.xaml?Content=cars&Category=car-brands&SearchBy=carBrand

System.IO.IOException: Cannot locate resource 'pages/workshop/workshopcarbrandshorizonal.xaml'.
at MS.Internal.AppModel.ResourcePart.GetStreamCore(FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at System.IO.Packaging.PackagePart.GetStream(FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at System.IO.Packaging.PackagePart.GetStream()
at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator)
at FirstFloor.ModernUI.Windows.DefaultContentLoader.<LoadContentAsync>d__0.MoveNext()

This is also my problem...3 days walkin this walk so far....withdrawls imminent....send beer....tuned xr8....spatter of ADC Toys....cheers....Yarr

thanks for the reply, but i dont understand what your trying to say................are you saying that i can indeed let CM do its thing and all will be good? or???............

Last edited:
Nice that it worked! :)
Btw, letting CM or other programs prepare a .reg file is a really nice way to do it.
You can then right-click and say "edit with editor" or "open with: textpad" and check what's the code in the file.

Compare that to what the guides say and what makes sense for you and decide if it's safe to run.
This saves you the work of going into the regedit and doing the stuff on your own.

Just double click the .reg file and it will change/write everything automatically.

On May 18 I had installed the new CSP 1.80 and the new CM (for 1.80), downloading them from the x4fab patreon.

Unfortunately I noticed a series of problems compared to my previous CSP version 1.73 (and previous CM); in particular I verified that, with the CSP 1.80 (with its default parameters):

- The CPU load has increased from about 53 to 64, but above all with CSP 1.80 I have some "freezes" of about one/two seconds (no freeze with CSP 1.73)

- In some tracks (mods) the driving got worse with many more inputs on the steering wheel, in terms of strong and annoying "spiking/jerks" so not an improvement of the feedback, rather a worsening so as to force me to set a "filter" at the FFB to avoid damages to my wheel (fanatec CSW 2.5)

- My favorite mods (RSS70 and F1_1971 by thr/rainmaker) got worse in terms of driving and behavior (very different and less effective braking, more understeer, less stable in general when cornering)

- The AIs have changed their behavior, in particular at the start the cars behind me started very slowly and therefore the cars in front of me and I immediately distanced ourselves a lot in the first 10-15 seconds

- My favorite PPFilter, i.e. “default” has changed and is now “darker”

Consequently I decided to revert to the previous version both for the CM and for the CSP (1.73), but the behavior of the cars hasn't changed; I consequently also copied (from a save I had made before) the whole "extension" folder and at this point everything is back to normal as it was before.

As a question I wanted to ask, since sooner or later I have to switch to new versions anyway:

- What parameters of CSP 1.80 (and how) do I have to modify them to have tracks and cars behave like in 1.73 ?

- For AI it should be sufficient to uncheck all the new parameters in the "AI BEHAVIOUR" is this correct?

Any help would be much appreciated

I paid for Content Manager mainly for its functionality but I see there are some more features after purchasing. It asks to create a Mod directory. Is this to install Mods automatically by selecting them from a list? Any other bonus features for paying? Also unrelated, but does anyone know what is going on with the Exceptions in the Workshop tab? I’ve seen a few people mention it.

Hi all weird issue here and can't find anyone else whose had the problem.

I have csp and most of my tracks work just fine for night racing but annoyingly a few wont work at all. Even if you set to midnight it looks lime early evening and clear up skies...

Any ideas what I'm missing?

- The CPU load has increased from about 53 to 64, but above all with CSP 1.80 I have some "freezes" of about one/two seconds (no freeze with CSP 1.73)

Cant comment on other issues you mentioned but I also did notice "freezes" , less than 1second in my case but noticeable enough. To be honest i thought its related to dynamic weather change on LAC server and ignored them but will now investigate further and check on other servers and offline. How often do you experience them and does it also happen offline or only with AI traffic/online server with CSP?

Nice that it worked! :)
Btw, letting CM or other programs prepare a .reg file is a really nice way to do it.
You can then right-click and say "edit with editor" or "open with: textpad" and check what's the code in the file.

Compare that to what the guides say and what makes sense for you and decide if it's safe to run.
This saves you the work of going into the regedit and doing the stuff on your own.

Just double click the .reg file and it will change/write everything automatically.
thankyou for the information rasmus :)

Hi everybody,
I've a problem with Content Manager recognizing my Fanatec CSL DD and my Clubsport V3 pedals.
Since I've update the firmware of my Fanatec Rig, when I open Content Manager my different axis (wheel, throttle brake and clutch) aren't recognized. I need to reconfigure each axis, turn my wheel and press each pedal. Then it works, and I save the setting but when I close Content Manager and then open it, I need to recalibrate each axis.
Does anyone got the same trouble as me and found an issue?

Hello all. Was wondering if/how I could filter for empty fields in CM. For example, I'm looking for any cars that don't have a year specified.

I've tried numerous variations that feel like they might work, but haven't had any luck. (year:, !year, year:'', year: "", !year:? some actual regular expressions to look for non spaces, etc.)

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 451 69.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 279 43.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 298 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 174 26.9%
Back