TT Isle of Man - The Game

Just come back to work after a little lunchtime blast at the game :inlove:. I was determined to get to the bottom of my helmet cam woes and just set it up for sector one alone and off I went... literally!! Half a dozen attempts later and I had got no further than that first tight right-hander (not sure of the names of all these parts yet.. can anyone point me to a detailed map of it with all the points named?. Most time's I was coming off before there so considering it is pretty much a straight run from the start with just a couple of bends it shows how much the helmet view has got me flummoxed lol I have no idea how I managed an hour and a half around the full course on Friday afternoon in that view and came within 5 seconds of my best chase cam time there :O_o:. Anyway, I reverted to fork view and felt much better and at least knocked one and a half seconds off my best time (still only a 1:38.340 but hey a guys got to start somewhere :cautious::redface:).

Back at work now and my head still feels head-rushed from the helmet view :speechless::confused:

Assists? "Git gud".

I'm on PC with a PS4 controller. Having tested all of the assists, I can say for certain that you're much better off in sim mode. Assists make you slower and more likely to crash. TC causes more problems with the rear wheel than it fixes, especially when shifting down gears, while all wheelies can be prevented by moving your weight forward and/or accelerating less agressively (see bottom paragraph))

The rear end losing grip for no apparent reason is often the TC readjusting the bike to conditions after being in the air on a bump/jump. Not having any tactile feedback about grip levels is also a problem, although separate from the assists.

What does make a positive difference is the control sensitivity levels. Brake & Acceleration set to 0%, while steering set somewhere comfortable for you, mine is at 50%. Deadzones also at 0%. I'm currently at 18:02 for lap of the TT course.
Unfortunately for us console users there are no adjustments that we can make to the controller so we are stuck with it as is. That's something that I am sure would make a big difference for a pad newbie like me as I find it way too sensitive and I think is the main reason that I tend to overdo things when turning. I am slowly adjusting to it but like I say I am new to using a pad (only play racing games with a wheel) so it's a tough adjustment.

Like the op I am on low assists for all except anti-wheelie which when switched to low I really struggled with. Another week and I'll drop that too.

Combined brakes, auto gears and racing line on at the moment. Next to be dropped will be manual gears but with my limited pad skills I know that is going to be a big step up.

Yeah I'm similar, once I crash the head goes and a few more follow! Although not quite 16!! My 1 crash time of 19.48 was a fluke I think. I have not come close since!

I dream of a sub 20 minute lap... on second thoughts I dream of a sub 23 minute lap :redface:. If I could reduce my crashes to under 10 it would go a long way towards achieving that aim. One day.. one day :cool:

can anyone point me to a detailed map of it with all the points named?.
Back at work now and my head still feels head-rushed from the helmet view :speechless::confused:

Practice, practice and more practice Peter. You do turn Dynamic view off? Cockpit is much better without it. Turn it off in options before you start a game. Low ABS, manual gears (I use A+ B buttons on a 360 pad), no anti wheelie, low stoppie, low/medium traction control and once again...........practice.:thumbsup:
Here, print this off:

qnbjmI4.jpg

Keep at it lads, I was a nats bawsaq off breaking the 19 min barrier on the Smiths Trooper Triumph (still on chase cam though). LOVE that livery (and band!). Still had two of those weird rear end wash outs so could have gone even quicker (and broken that barrier). It's just really draining for me, hardest gaming "thing" I have ever done I reckon.

I finally had the time today (booked a long weekend off) and did a Full 4 lap TT in the Supersport Class. On Cameron Donald's CBR600rr. I managed it all with only one slow off at the Governors Bridge hairpin. Got up, dusted myself off and got back on. I finished 4th in my very first full TT complete with pit stop. Only on medium AI level though. I am absolutely loving this game more than any other in PC History. It is fantabulous. Such a fantastic feeling getting to know the circuit and getting it right.
Boy it is hard to keep concentration for lap after lap but it all starts to come together. Awkward when you need to scratch an itch or in my case, get a touch of cramp. But it is great.

Ago's Leap
SVuTOXg.jpg

Entering Pit lane
R6fTANM.jpg

Visor cleaned, screen Cleaned. Waiting for the fuel.
75bzaCO.jpg

you two really have jumped into the proverbial deep end with this game!!! It really doesn't take any prisoners and demands precision like no other track I know (even Nords). I dread to think what I'd be doing without the past 3 years of MGP15, Ride, RIDE2 and VR46 under my belt. Add in the quirky phsyics and there's a LOT to work around lads, keep it up and no matter what enjoy it!

Keep at it lads, I was a nats bawsaq off breaking the 19 min barrier on the Smiths Trooper Triumph (still on chase cam though). LOVE that livery (and band!). Still had two of those weird rear end wash outs so could have gone even quicker (and broken that barrier). It's just really draining for me, hardest gaming "thing" I have ever done I reckon.

Nice one. For some reason I don't seem to be getting the weird rear end washouts as much now. I think I have smoothed out my input, less harsh on everything. I also found that going over a bump with any slight brake applied caused them, so I don't do that anymore. Traction on medium for me seems to help.

Like the op I am on low assists for all except anti-wheelie which when switched to low I really struggled with. Another week and I'll drop that too.

Combined brakes, auto gears and racing line on at the moment. Next to be dropped will be manual gears but with my limited pad skills I know that is going to be a big step up.
Low wheelie and auto gears does not work well. The game changes down too much making you have more wheelies. Better on manual and keep higher gears hooked. :thumbsup:
I now only use:
cockpit view only
No guides, no race lines
No corner markers etc
low ABS
medium Traction Control
anti wheelie off (just love the way the bikes come up over small bumps,rises in the road.)
anti stoppie off
Manual gears (auto gears is just not working right in this game if you have anti wheelie off or low)

Last edited:
Nice one. For some reason I don't seem to be getting the weird rear end washouts as much now. I think I have smoothed out my input, less harsh on everything. I also found that going over a bump with any slight brake applied caused them, so I don't do that anymore. Traction on medium for me seems to help.
yeah traction control helped a bit for me, I still think it's lift off oversteer when I come off the gas with a bit too much corner speed. Just so hard remembering all the areas that are affected. Although on my fast lap I got through Cruickshank's (where it almost always happens there)....only have it happen on the right hander after.....bugger was a word that sprang into my head (amongst others!).

[QUOTE="Damage Inc, post: 2721206, member: 171889"tyou two really have jumped into the proverbial deep end with this game[/QUOTE]
Strangely enough I think my inexperience has allowed me to enjoy it without querying the physics, control etc.
It was always the track that drew me to it and that has more than exceeded my expectations, I think it is a work of art. I think if they could nail the physics for you serious bikers then this would be the RBR of bike games.
Anyway, who ever heard of someone playing a bike game with a steering wheel and pedals, ridiculous:roflmao:

I've almost done sub-20 lap on the supersports (but still with some assists including the racing line, so...), but overcooked the braking in one of the last corners and crashed, finishing with 20:20 laptime... :/

Strangely enough I think my inexperience has allowed me to enjoy it without querying the physics, control etc.
It was always the track that drew me to it and that has more than exceeded my expectations, I think it is a work of art. I think if they could nail the physics for you serious bikers then this would be the RBR of bike games.
Anyway, who ever heard of someone playing a bike game with a steering wheel and pedals, ridiculous:roflmao:
Kenny, to be honest, as a biker and a TT goer, I think it's pretty damn good at the moment. It takes real concentration for me looking through that cockpit screen and it feels really really good. I think a more detailed realistic physics model might make it too hard.:thumbsup: Keep practicing mate.

Practice, practice and more practice Peter. You do turn Dynamic view off? Cockpit is much better without it. Turn it off in options before you start a game. Low ABS, manual gears (I use A+ B buttons on a 360 pad), no anti wheelie, low stoppie, low/medium traction control and once again...........practice.:thumbsup:
Here, print this off:

qnbjmI4.jpg
Cheers Andy. Much appreciated. Yep dynamic view is off for me. Gave it another go when I got home from work but still no dice... It just leaves me very much unable to control the bike still for some reason. But I did a few more sector 1 attempts from fork view and knocked over 3 seconds off my time so now at 1:34. I just need to find a way to be smooth through the corners with a controller to really get down to more acceptable lap times. I'm still feeling that I have to slow right down and be ultra careful on the exit and I'm sure there's a couple of seconds at each corner I can pick up with more practice.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back