Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

Thanks for all your suggestions.
The solution was very strange.
I decided to try running Content Manager as admin or without admin.
When I got to the Properties page - the windows compatibility was checked on Windows 8.
This was never checked by me but unchecking it brought my fps back to life.
Hopefully this will help someone else in the future.

Hi ! I have the same problem, I've tried same solutions, point to point !!! My rig is a Logitech G29. I lost the clutch pedal in game about two months ago. My system works perfectly in other games especially Rfactor 2 Pcars 2 and GTR2 . I'm eager of a solution.......

Last edited:
Having the same issue practise on Watkins glen with GT4's was recording best lap with no issues then just stopped. I have tried disabling enabling the various lap time recorders in content manager but with no effect.
Thinking I may have to do a full re-install but not looking forward to that with all the mod cars and tracks I would have to re-install.
So does anyone have any ideas what is causing this ? Only thing I have installed since this issue was to clone a car and also to install an older version of Sol for now.

Hey, tried to google but maybe anyone know the setting or proper dependency on why after i complete the session (doesn't matter how i exit it, from pits or just exit) - content manager just says - Race canceled. can see in 2nd screenshot
Before it used to show: Fastest Lap, total laps, and fastest theoretical lap. Can see in 1st screenshot.

Now i can still see all the metrics, but it was a nice feature to extend session info with friends. Also if i go to "results" The sessions seem not being logged. (new .json files are not being created)

Any suggestions?
My personal thoughts just to reinstall CM, but maybe some1 could localize and pin point the problem to me.
Appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance
Konstantin T.

Attachments

• 112.PNG
    112.PNG
    82.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 2222.PNG
    2222.PNG
    259 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
I have also noticed this, there are no results in my "results" tab.
I have not changed any of the settings in CM, It just will not save any results?
I do a lot of offline championships and I have no way to record race results now! :(

Attachments

• 2021-01-27 (2).png
    2021-01-27 (2).png
    302.3 KB · Views: 41
I might have another for rake using ride height. It's about 15mm front to back anything under braking or acclerating that exceeds the 15 will trigger the alarm. Anyways great day and good luck with your project!

Ah this would be greatly helpful.

A few things that seem missing in the workbooks I've used. Seeing if you're bottoming the car out, seeing how often you're riding on bumpstop. Did you ever find a way to measure those?

Ah this would be greatly helpful.

A few things that seem missing in the workbooks I've used. Seeing if you're bottoming the car out, seeing how often you're riding on bump stop. Did you ever find a way to measure those?
Yea but since I saw this thread now running 3 ver's (rF to ACC) of motec because the newer won't read my older logged data. The GT cars then were very different or the data was; so I'm doing everything humanly possible to find what I can from the turn of the century. The one worksheet for ride height I mentioned was worth 3 - 4 seconds a lap keeping the rear from dropping shooting out of turns and seriously late breaking keeping the front end from dip and optimum rake not to exceed 15mm (venturi) which is crucial when setting up ride height w/ ground effects. I have the print out of the histogram more in depth talking about prior setup (springs..rollbars) before getting into dampers. I looked at the workbooks and projects last night after years, I'm wondering if motec can display sol's weather but no out-put just track temp (crewchief) and ambient. That would bring in valuable info for setup. Seems like a lack of interest and last time I mentioned it i was told to get sidekick? I'll spend the weekend checking to see what I can find and if I'll have to recreate it for new i2.

Well, now I've seen dirty laps set as best time, and some clean laps faster than the current one being ignored. So at this time is either about being just being too slow in that car (may be confirmation bias?) or just completely random...

On some tracks, the 1st lap starting from the pits don't seem to be counted even if you get a clean lap & time for it, but the second one will.

Is there any info about hosting a dedicated server on a stand alone machine? Every tutrial is just hosting it on their own machine but I haven't been able to find info on hosting one a legit dedicated server. File setup and such.
There should be plenty of guides. Just note you want the "regular" (ie standalone) AC Server and not the one included in Content Manager.
I think it's a Steam download but don't quote me.
Can run on Win and Linux (that I know of) and setting it up should be little or no different from installing on a separate machine or one running the game.

afaik they do not rely on each other's components in any way.

• Deleted member 1578763

i had the same issue with the broken manager because for me it says couldn't run steam please help me

There should be plenty of guides. Just note you want the "regular" (ie standalone) AC Server and not the one included in Content Manager.
I think it's a Steam download but don't quote me.
Can run on Win and Linux (that I know of) and setting it up should be little or no different from installing on a separate machine or one running the game.

afaik they do not rely on each other's components in any way.
dude thank you so much, I still haven't been able to find a right guide. This is the only info I got so far.

I found this guide but it needs the assettocorsa.exe to launch. I can't install a full on game on a dedicated standalone server which confuses me.

Last edited:
dude thank you so much, I still haven't been able to find a right guide. This is the only info I got so far.

I found this guide but it needs the assettocorsa.exe to launch. I can't install a full on game on a dedicated standalone server which confuses me.

I feel your frustration and have been going nuts trying to figure out how to run a server on a dedicated PC. First off, don't download the dedicated server from Steam as it will require Steam to run the server and will require Assetto to run. Go to the Assetto folder "Server" and use the AC Server in there. After opening Server Manger, 1st thing you'll want to do is click on the Update Server Content. After this, setup your server settings using Server Manager. Name each server name different and they will be saved in the "Preset Folder".
Setup your router to forward port 9600 for UDP/TCP, incoming and outgoing.
If your router has a HTTP option, set this to port 8081 If setting up multiple servers, you only have to do this once.
After you get all your server game settings setup, copy the entire "server" folder over to a dedicated PC.
To pick which setup to go with, go to the "Preset" folder, select which server config you want to run and copy the entry list and server config files to the CFG folder. Make sure to delete the current files in CFG folder.
After you have the preset files in the CFG folder, you can launch your server using the ACserver application.
You cannot use Assetto Corsa Server Manger on the dedicated server PC. Easiest thing to do is use it on the main computer and create server presets. Then copy only the new presets to the server PC.

If you want to run multiple servers, copy the "Server" folder from the main PC to the dedicated PC. Then rename the ACserver application by putting a # at the end of the app name. I.e. Acserver2
You'll have to switch the UDP/TCP port in the server config file (open this file with notepad) and create a new TCP/UDP rule in your router. The factory preset is 9600 for both. I set my new server to listen to 27015 for both ports. I created 2 more servers using 27020 and 27025.

I feel your frustration and have been going nuts trying to figure out how to run a server on a dedicated PC. First off, don't download the dedicated server from Steam as it will require Steam to run the server and will require Assetto to run. Go to the Assetto folder "Server" and use the AC Server in there. After opening Server Manger, 1st thing you'll want to do is click on the Update Server Content. After this, setup your server settings using Server Manager. Name each server name different and they will be saved in the "Preset Folder".
Setup your router to forward port 9600 for UDP/TCP, incoming and outgoing.
If your router has a HTTP option, set this to port 8081 If setting up multiple servers, you only have to do this once.
After you get all your server game settings setup, copy the entire "server" folder over to a dedicated PC.
To pick which setup to go with, go to the "Preset" folder, select which server config you want to run and copy the entry list and server config files to the CFG folder. Make sure to delete the current files in CFG folder.
After you have the preset files in the CFG folder, you can launch your server using the ACserver application.
You cannot use Assetto Corsa Server Manger on the dedicated server PC. Easiest thing to do is use it on the main computer and create server presets. Then copy only the new presets to the server PC.

If you want to run multiple servers, copy the "Server" folder from the main PC to the dedicated PC. Then rename the ACserver application by putting a # at the end of the app name. I.e. Acserver2
You'll have to switch the UDP/TCP port in the server config file (open this file with notepad) and create a new TCP/UDP rule in your router. The factory preset is 9600 for both. I set my new server to listen to 27015 for both ports. I created 2 more servers using 27020 and 27025.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.