Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

Thanks - just checked it and it is reading correctly.

The seasonal adjustment has made a difference - the washed out colour and frosted effect on the trees and track has gone, but it looks like despite me setting the practice session time for 12:00 mid-day, it is setting the sun way down in the sky, so there is still something telling it that it is January.

If I delete the shader patch it reads it fine, I reinstall it and it drops the sun right down. I don't know about you, but I never saw a GP in January, although I do remember Williams testing in January at the Estoril track when I lived in Cascais - you could hear the cars pounding round lap after lap even from six kilometers away! That was early 2000's when the cars had REAL engines....

Any idea on the time of year thing?

Les

Did you try afterwards what I wrote a few messages above ?

In Drive Menu, at the right of the cursor Time ... click on the 3 dots, check "Specific Date" and choose a date in a summer day.

Choosing there a date in July might do the trick ... as I never encountered what you noticed using a date that might better correspond with the reality.
The summer sun is not a winter sun. ;)

A further question - can I disable the shaders patch for specific tracks? The reason is that while it works well for some tracks, others (like for example the Albert Park tracks I have) it completely washes them out so that even summer has the grass looking almost fluorescent green and the contrast is really low. If uninstall the shader patch, it looks fine.

Les

Last edited:
And did you have the possibility when installing to tell Content Manager where your AC folder is located ?
Are you sure that your ( supposed ) antivirus didn't quarantine or delete one or other file ?

I suppose that you know that Content Manager may be installed anywhere on PC and not especially in AC folder.
I even wonder if is was not even advised to install it anywhere else than this AC folder.

As long as CM knows where AC folder is located it will work perfectly anywhere.

It's a long time since CM is installed on my PC ... but I think I remember that this is the 1st thing that CM is asking when installing.

I never had any problem until now with CM for years so ... I cannot help you better than this....
If CM knows where AC is located, your problem is surely in your PC but what and where or why... I don't know.

And did you have the possibility when installing to tell Content Manager where your AC folder is located ?
Are you sure that your ( supposed ) antivirus didn't quarantine or delete one or other file ?

I suppose that you know that Content Manager may be installed anywhere on PC and not especially in AC folder.
I even wonder if is was not even advised to install it anywhere else than this AC folder.

As long as CM knows where AC folder is located it will work perfectly anywhere.

It's a long time since CM is installed on my PC ... but I think I remember that this is the 1st thing that CM is asking when installing.

I never had any problem until now with CM for years so ... I cannot help you better than this....
If CM knows where AC is located, your problem is surely in your PC but what and where or why... I don't know.
Hi Jempy, thanks so much for taking the time to respond to this issue. I really appreciate it

Firstly, no, my antivirus did not pick up anything malicious or auto-quarantined/delete as i've checked nothing is in there and set it to prompt me for a decision before executing anything.

Yeah i know CM can be installed anywhere, but i was suggested by the readme to install into root folder which i did. When i first ran it, it auto detected folder location automatically.

I'll highlight the solution i just found out yesterday night after scratching my head so hard as i really wanted to restart AC and my CM issue is kinda taking that away from me. I could not even find this solution posted anywhere so i believe my issue is one of a kind but very simple to fix.

Solution: If your Windows OS has multiple users, login to one of them and re-run Content Manager.exe (Either an account that already has no issues with CM running or an account that needs to do a first-run). If it opens successfully with no errors in the logs, go ahead and close CM. Copy the entire file "AcTools Content Manager" from (C:\Users\(the account name that you used to run CM under a different account)\AppData\Local) and paste it in your account folder. And voila it runs.

Finally i can play and mod in peace.

Once again ... a Windows OS specialty ... we should be accustomed to it as long time users but we are never ready to admit its special difficulties with multiple users possibilities and moreover their admin rights.

A chance ... I'm the only user of my PC so I never encountered the multiple user problems ... but I'm of course regularly a victim of the Admin Rights. :D

And as Win10 is now changing every 6 months or even quicker ... everything may change from month to the next ones. I just noticed them a few weeks ago for some software which now need admin rights while they never did before ... worse when one depends on another one that also changes ! :(
Changes every 4 years was fine .... 2 or 3 times a year, that's exagerated.

Anyway ... happy you found the reason and the solution.
Have fun
Cheers

Last edited:
Suspension histogram that's socket rience I'll see what I can do but pretty sure it's mickey mouse. Doesn't one come made already? I started with workbooks for acc and it has me confused but either way I have 2 versions acti is using my 1.1 for ac and like 1.4ish for acc. Only thing I pulled the plug when seeing brake temps in sizes and had to use mm it wasn't helping no where near as much as it once did like w simbin but that's on kunos..I guess better than nothing right?

Last edited:
Hi all

I have a problem with a setting in CM.
Changed my storage devices and was forced to reinstall CM.
Unfortunately ive didnt saved my video settings.

Usually i drive with VR and in other situations i use my normal screen (parallel).
Until this days it was fine and the video output on the screen was like it should be.... fullscreen.

But now i have checked the option for fullscreen but when i start with VR so i can see on the screen (in parallel) this here:
1.JPG

This here are my settings in CM:
2.JPG

Can someone tell me what i have to set in CM to become an output in fullscreen??

Hey, I'm trying to work out what's going on here. When I try to load an offline race it gives me this error:

AC\game.cpp (261): Game::update
AC\game.cpp (112): Game::onIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup

What does this mean?

I get 100 fps when using Assetto Corsa launcher and only 50 fps when using Content Manager (Drive).
Tried older versions of Content Manager - same result.
CPU: Intel i7 6700K GPU: Nvidia 1080 Ti
Any ideas on a fix?

I'm getting 75fps + using 1080p triple screens on my 2nd rig with that same spec' PC. I'm using csp 1.46 but do not use SOL or any of the CSP FX effects. Sol or FX eating FPS?
The problem seems to be Content Manager because AC runs perfectly at 100FPS with The original AC launcher.
I am using SOL 2.02 and CSP 1.71 with no issues.

Hy people,

I have an interesting problem with CM.

When I map my controlls in "seetings/ AC" wheel, pedals and the assignments on the Buttons page are accepted and executed.
So the wheel buttons and paddles work, the shifter is recognized and works. the encoders and buttons from my cockpit work in game.

Every assignment on the "system" page is accepted and shows the red light when pressed, but doesn´t work in game,
regardless if the button press comes from my cockpit or the wheel buttons.

Is there a setting that I´ve messed up, since the system buttons have worked for a time or do you have another hint for me?
( Google couldn´t find an answer, maybe i need a better question?)

Thanks in advance,

MFG Carsten

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes