Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

I have AC and another game on a small SSD and I am running out of space. By playing with Content Manager it looks like I may be able to define a path outside of the AC root folder to store and load third party mods. I am wondering if this is a way to store (and load) mods from outside the AC root. Am I wrong?
If it is possible, how would the folder structure work?
Would it be something like:
D:\mods
D:\mods\cars
D:\mods\tracks
etc.?

Also, while I am at it, is there any gain in running AC off an SSD or is it loaded in RAM?
Thank you.

Nah the closest thing I'd have to that is a sound mod from a download that's about it, idk how they make that. I got ac in early accsess but just now installing CM and if anything I have way more skins than car track mods. SOO my system crashed I'm repairing win 7 from a new user account same drive though. Now Crewchief needs an update but thought do it later lets just functions check with the new cm etc. Ever had "I don't have the data" from chief? So I shut it all down tried updating but getting an error

nothing serious but trying to figure main problem w pc oh and I put the msi in there but didn't help

Attachments

• Untitled454.png
    Untitled454.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Untitled3232.png
    Untitled3232.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
alright I like that Suzuki I had the helmet (KS) and never wore it nearly cost me my life, ended up totalling the gsxr and stayed w a helmet. All because a driver was in a rush 15 feet high 30 feet over her car landing in the street. Oh and under 30 mph

Last edited:
I have a bunch all the way back to V3. I thought reinstall im jus curious if I'd lose anything from having it kinda since the beginning idk what you think I even tried the latest release (msi)

Last edited:
I am wondering if this is a way to store (and load) mods from outside the AC root.
If you use CM to install mods as mods,
then CM can remove mods from assettocorsa\content\ folder when not in use.
When not installed, CM stores them in assettocorsa\mods\.
Presumably, one can replace that mods folder with a link to another drive folder:
How to Create Soft and Hard Symbolic Links in Windows

while I am at it
My guess is that having assettocorsa/ on SSD speeds loading, which I do a lot.
While actually running, I believe most drive activity occurs in Documents\Assetto Corsa\
.. and much of that is write activity,
which can be slower to SSD than a good fast relatively empty spinner.
Fastest would have that folder on a RAM disk.

I use Ultra RAMDisk, which has options to save contents at shutdown
and restore contents at startup
Of course, this literally steals RAM space; plenty of RAM is wanted.
My relatively modest Documents\Assetto Corsa\ consumes less than 50MB...

Last edited:
As stated above it's always night time when I start a game when it's night time in my vicinity. I've checked "set time manually" to change time or sometimes find what time is day time in game it's really annoying cause when the track doesn't have lights it's pitch black specially on my championships where time is preset already now I have to exit & search for day time every time I start a game. I turned off/on "consider time zones". I want it like before where 0600-1900 is daytime & 1900-0600 is night time before it was like that now it doesn't do that anymore.

hi guys, If I do the server configuration from my personal CM (on my pc) and then upload it to the external server, is it necessary to have CSP + SOL installed on my external server to work correctly?

Last edited:
If you use CM to install mods as mods,
then CM can remove mods from assettocorsa\content\ folder when not in use.
When not installed, CM stores them in assettocorsa\mods\.
Presumably, one can replace that mods folder with a link to another drive folder:
How to Create Soft and Hard Symbolic Links in Windows

My guess is that having assettocorsa/ on SSD speeds loading, which I do a lot.
While actually running, I believe most drive activity occurs in Documents\Assetto Corsa\
.. and much of that is write activity,
which can be slower to SSD than a good fast relatively empty spinner.
Fastest would have that folder on a RAM disk.

I use Ultra RAMDisk, which has options to save contents at shutdown
and restore contents at startup
Of course, this literally steals RAM space; plenty of RAM is wanted.
My relatively modest Documents\Assetto Corsa\ consumes less than 50MB...

Thank you. The reason I asked is that in CM there is a path to the "Mods" location, which in my case is
E:\\steam\common\assettocorsa\mods (or close enough) and then there is a way to change the location of that folder. I guess I can go ahead and test it and see what happens.

Incidentally, I remember using Symlinks back when I used rFactor and GTR to store the cars and track folder on a separate drive as the folder became huge. It also allowed me to share the cars and tracks folder with different version of GTR2 (I raced in a league at the time and it made sense back then. My memory is fuzzy). I haven't done that in a long time, but I used a very easy app to perform various kind of symbolic link. It works great.

Also thank you for the RAMdisk tip. I have 64GB of RAM and soon I am going to double that, so it shouldn't be too hard.
I really appreciate it, thanks.

Guys, I went to the content manager site and paid using paypal, but 24 hours later nothing has come back - I assume that they will send a code to my e-mail but I have nothing. How do they normally send the code and how long should I wait before going after them?

Cheers

Les

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes