Community Question | What Racing Series Would You Most Like To See Made Into A Sim?

Indycar. It’s been more than 25 years since Papyrus’ « Indycar Racing 2 ». Nothing since then that really simulates the rules and offer that unique mix of road courses and oval tracks.

Sadly, I can’t see this happening. Indycar is all but ignored by the general public, with the exception of the Indy 500.

I think more people know about Indycar than know about GT3 racing.

For me it has to be Indycar, the mix of circuits and the cars would make it such an interesting game. On top of that, a historical mode with the 90s cars would really take it to the next level.

For me, Sportcar 1974 to 1981. That you start a career in the 74. with tracks like le mans,nurburg. And that you need to do well to keep youre contract or change youre contract... yess i will pay...I even want to help to make the models .

I would like to see rally, rallycross or hillclimb in proper sim. We have rally and rallycross on few games, but games are not a like ac, acc or rF2. Ams contains rallycross, but it still needs some work to be perfect. There is always a market to anytype of the game, if it’s done well.

Last edited:
Not really a series, more an event that is almost certainly out of scope for any sim dev: The Goodwood Members Meeting. One track and 150 cars spanning a century :)

No but seriously, for a single series, Indycar would be insteresting for a modern series, and something like GT Legends did for historics racing.
I'm all for this. I know it's only one circuit but the permetations of cars and classes could make for endless hours of fun. I'm in an age group where a lot of the cars raced at Goodwood are the ones I most wanted to race as a young man. Nowadays with sim racing, assetto corsa and the incredible modding community I finally get to live out my fantasies. A laser scanned Goodwood, high quality recreations of those incredible machines would be sheer bliss for me

It wasn't said who would be the developer of this Sim. For sim racers, it would be a disaster if it was developed by, for example,
Codemasters or SMS, because they would create an arcade game.

So, for all sim racers in RACE DEPARTMENT, and since the mayority of us want classic cars - and instead of waiting for such a
dream Sim which probably will never come - why don't we pressure the developer of the best Sim we have, rFactor 2,
Studio 397, to create classic cars packs? They can start with a 90s DTM series, which I reckon most of us would love.

I would be more than happy to pay any price they ask for these classic cars packs!

Studio 397, are you listening? are you reading this? Please, give a thought to this request - I'm sure that such classic cars packs
would be a great success for you, and the sim racing community would feel in heaven with them.

Thank you.

I would also vote for Indycars. But I don't know if the interest warrants it. I think most sim racers are just looking for a great sim though. For example, I don't follow rally racing or F1 but I sure love to drive them in sims.

Growing up with Gran Turismo 1 and 2 really makes me want JGTC and Super GT in a modern, more realistic game (like ACC).

I also really loved the AE86 Club N2 Mod for rFactor (I heard they were making an update for rFactor 2).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back