Community Question | What Racing Series Would You Most Like To See Made Into A Sim?

For me IMSA and WEC or ELMS would give you the most in terms of car variety, legendary tracks but I think it will be difficult until a merging of the prototype classes for the series. Added to the difficulty is the licencing which would require the FIA,ACO and INSA not to mention the buy in by the manufacturers but it would be the best bang for the buck.

Honourable mention to BTCC (the most fun on 4 wheels).
V8 Supercar and Indycar.

Formula 1 of course! Tired of the monopoly codemasters for this series. We have been deprived of a high-quality F1 simulator for many years. The entire sim community deserves to have a motorsport queen on their computers.
If not modern Formula 1, then historical - the new GPL! Only not the 60s or 70s, but the 50s - this period in simulators is undeservedly ignored. Only the AC gives us a try Maseratti 250F, in all other simulators officially there is no such content.
Any season between 1990-1993 would be very interesting, this is the era of active electronics.

In general, one series in a simulator is a bad idea.
The ideal simulator option is the ability to add series from large dlc.
For example, the base F1 simulator of the current year. And to him additions 1954, 1992, etc.

if ACC includes all SRO championship, someone should do a sim with ACO/IMSA/ADAC content.

please do that, I'd love some "progressive" sim where I pay 50€ the first year and each year one big update for 20€ (and repack the sim with all new content for 50€ each year) this way developers always receive money to develop new series/tracks, they could do a 5 year cycle on that.

Ditto on vintage Can-Am. Also would like to see more “school” series/amateur weekend warrior cars available. I think AMS2 has this, but I haven’t tried it yet. 90% of real world racing is done by hobbyists in humble cars.

Can Am has career mode written all over it...every year was a quantum leap forward. Wide tires, then Wider tires, Wings, body downforce, mini-Shadows, blunt nose Lolas, Ferraris, Fords, You could have multiple lines of brands where you would have to earn a step up to the next level, i.e. If you want the M8 Mclaren, you first need to compete a season with the M6 etc. Paying users get the factory cars, free to play users get the knock-offs and year-old cast offs. Earn enough for the Big Block Chevy last year? No? then the 302cui instead of the 326cui. etc. Firestone wants to sell you new 12 inch rear tires....got the in-game cash? With each brand representing a new driver/person/user, your Lola driver may have advanced several levels while your McLaren driver is just getting started back in 1966.

For modern series, I think the Japanese Super GT series would be great.

For something historic, I think F1 in the 1950s would be interesting. It was an era of customer cars and "gentlemen racers", where someone could buy, for example, a Maserati 250F and go racing.

I think that would make for a good game structure. Buy a car, enter yourself into championship and non-championship races on the proper tracks of that era, compete against the works teams and legendary drivers of the time, try to win prize money to cover the costs of buying and maintaining your car, etc.

Mini Miglia. Epic racing

Luckely I can drive them in GTR2 and i love it, but I would like to try it in RF2 or Automobilista

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 160 7.8%
  • < 5 years