Community Question | Do You Wear Gloves To Sim Race?

if you have a Fanatec wheel you should wear gloves .

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    14.1 KB · Views: 78
I wear gloves to protect my hands rather than the wheel. I have very large hands, my fingers are so long that even XL gloves are a tight fit. This means that my thumbs aren't resting in the right place on the wheel so I get really bad calluses. Inside the gloves I also wear Power Beast thumb protectors.

Interesting that the vote is quite close.

I have two Fanatec Wheels they both have suede on. So I bought gloves to simply stop messing the suede up.

One pair of the Sparco Sim Racing Gloves (which are quite nice but too expensive probably)
One of the F33L gloves. The rubber grip on the inside of the gloves are great for really long endurance races, lets you relax on the wheel a little more.

At serious races I always wear gloves. It just feels more natural and the Alcantara on some of my steering wheels doesn't age that fast.
However, when testing quickly during development (ACC-CDS, F1-20nn DashStudio), gloves are a hindrance.
ALT-TAB from the game, what to change in the code, recompile, gloves are annoying :)

Yes, Black - 5.11 Tactical Series Gloves. The stitching at the rounding of the thumb finger (palm) bothers me a little. I'm going to dig up 2 pairs of FOX MTB, Black gloves that I last tried 3 years ago but bought 6-7 years ago.

I've had blisters problem when using Fanatec Porsche rim, ruined suede on Sparco P310 and Fanatec formula rim when not using gloves.
After that I started using gloves and best so far have been Alpinestarts tech-1 kx BUT they wore so fast (got 2 pairs and each lasted ~2 years). I ordered F33l gloves to test them out so let's see how it goes.

I have to say that it does feel strange if I'm not using gloves (to do some quick test or whatever). It feels that I have better grip with gloves.

Mizuno Batting Gloves for that tight fit. Real automotive gloves tend to be what bulky because of the fireproofing, you won't see your wheel catching fire anytime soon after a crash. And they're cheaper, nicer and cooler.

I wear gloves with the alcantara Wheel, but not with the leather Wheel.

Same. I don't care about the suede on my wheel, I care about my hands and how filthy they become when driving a suede wheel without gloves.

Gave a good wash to some old Sparco Meca-2 gloves I had lying around - felt weird at first, but now they're second nature. I was going to say they are cheap too, but when looking at web links now I see their price tripled since I bought for £10 back then. But any unbranded pair, or a cheap pair of cycling gloves will do the same job.

By the way @Paul Jeffrey it seems like your gloves have seen better days :D

Sometimes, kinda depends on the wheel. The Sparco Rally wheel and the P310 I have with my TS-PC I wear gloves. P310 I didn't at first and the alcantera wrap start to delaminate now that I wrap tape around it. I figure if I don't the P310 will do that too. The TS-PC formula wheel I don't because those just feels like foam grip.

Yeah always. Not only does it keep your hands relaxed for longer races, it limits the sweat degregation on the wheel. The other bonus is that I take the gloves out when I go for real drives too

If the wheel is alcantara, you better believe I'll wear gloves. Alcantara offers good grip, but, ugh, sweat and alcantara is a bad combo. My gloves are fingerless leather.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.