Community Question | Do You Wear Gloves To Sim Race?

Nope. My hands do get sweaty but for my rusty 8 year old G27 it won't matter anyway. Leather is still in very decent shape anyways.
When I upgrade I do intend to get myself a set tho.

Blistering hands I've never ever faced, not even after driving 5 hours straight. Maybe because I used to work with my hands.

Only when drifting, because that intense steering (especially with some rubber attached to my wheel) creates some nasty blisters if I don't use gloves.

Yes..... but I’m not they offer ‘that much’ protection to the wheels alcantar/suede tbh . I’m currently running the Podium Porsche Suede Wheel .... worn gloves every time I’ve used it , and the suede where I grip is already ‘not textured’ any more . Maybe it’s free from Pizza grease , but the coverings still wear.

@Paul Jeffrey I can one up your ‘it felt weird driving without gloves’ story .... I took my car out today for the first time in about 6 weeks ....Alcantara wheel etc.... wow THAT felt weird ! Started wondering if shoul use my sim gloves for normal driving it felt so odd (or at least spirited driving ! ).... that’s what 8 weeks in lockdown turning laps in the rig rather than a real car dies for you .

Nope
I'm just playing a game and having a good time. I only have a G27 , don't play for that long or amazingly often, if any of those things were to get more serious then I would get some gloves and shoes. I cycle quite a lot , I have and use the appropriate gear for that.

• Deleted member 205301

61% said "yes" ..... strange...very strange....
The point is : who read and answer these type of question ? not the "normal" simarcer it seems...
@++

Yes I do now, as previously I had my TSXW Alcantara wheel rim taped/wrapped with non adhesive Cotton binding tape, but it kept moving and re-taping regularly was inconvenient....use some ToolPro Safety gloves at present from my local Hardware Store and these are thin enough to get the job done.

• Deleted member 197115

This is not a fetish but necessity with suede wheels.
With high torque DD wheels you'd appreciate some even with leather covered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't when I drove my G27, but after getting Alcantara wheels and doing endurance races, it's a must or the sweaty hands become a distraction at best and a liability at worst when the car is on the edge of control.

Some say because they live in hot climates that gloves are bad, but it's because I live in the tropics is why I wear them; I start sweating within the first few mins of a race.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back