DiRT 2 Colin McRae: DiRT 2

I'm sorry you have lost me there.I have just purchased and downloaded Dirt2 from Steam and it does not work.I have deleted the 10.5 GB file and re downloaded but the game still crashes when I attempt to run it after the download.

Reading about members experiences with Dirt2 here inspired me to buy it.I am not very good with computers and was hoping someone here could help.I purposely did not leave a large amount of information as I'm not sure what is needed.

I have been having all sorts of CTD problems with GTR2 and I have just now configured my TH2Go for 1 monitor to see if the high demand for resolution was the cause(it was)and tried to run Dirt2 that way as well but still crashes.

I have contacted Steam support and am waiting for a reply now.I'm new to Steam having only just installed it to run Race07/Evo/Raceon/STCC and don't know much about it.

:tits: <<< I just saw this and wanted to try it out.

Thanks for the input,I shall look around that site.

Johnny

If you are running at or near the minimum required spec read this:-

You do not get to change the graphics options until after an initial race which is a bit of a pain to anyone trying to run the game on minimum specs. One thing you can do though is add -safemode to the shortcut parameters and the game will load in on the lowest possible settings. Be warned that sound will be severely borked and it'll look like it's running on a ZX Spectrum but it will allow you to complete the initial race and get to the main graphics option menu to set the graphics to something your computer can handle.

I'm currently having heat issues with my graphics card and it was also crashing at various points from loading to going into race and lowering the settings from default have sorted it. I don't see half of the loveliness that folks in here are chatting about but it runs at 60FPS and frankly is rather fun despite the lack of eye-candy.

If you have a beast of a PC then this is of no use whatsoever and the problem you have is something else completely.

I have a quad core with 3 gigs of ram and a gtx260 600w power xp32 bit home triplehead2go(right now configured to 1 monitor 1680x1050

I also believe I have a rootkit virus(and a Gen.Trophy!IK) so I'm fixing to reformat.Probably faster than all this reading and testing and submitting logs and then not getting rid of the rootkit in the end.

This will all work out I'm sure.What do you all think?

Johnny:thanks:

No Bram. Any video card that can output to dual link dvi for widescreen or vga for normal.

Shouldn't have any trouble with those specs.

try a reinstallation of the game, or try a different driver version for you gfx card.

No,,and contrary to what is written in some circles you don't need monitors with 57Hz refresh rates.The software and wizard take care of that and as in my case the telephone support I received was excellent.

A gtx 260 runs along quite smoothly at 5040x1050x32 required to run 3 monitors at 1680x1050x32.There is a compatibility test available at the Matrox site that will tell you if your PC will run TH2Go.

Once you have raced with 3 monitors and u go back and try only 1 as I just did is like tunnel vision.Put your hands up beside your eyes like blinkers on a horse and walk around for awhile.(put a helmet on 1st)

Johnny

I thought u had downloaded the game from usenet or something, thats why i referred to GCW.
Am i correct if i say that u cannot run the setup to install the game?
Or does the crash appear when u try to launch the game itself?

Hi Jordy,,I cannot run the setup to install the game.Last night after the 1st download I attempted to install,it put some sound program on my pc need to run the game Im assuming then started crashing.I have not entered the key.

I deleted and downloaded again.Now when I try and launch nothing at all happens.When I watch task manager and attempt to launch I see the number of processes running go from 55 to 56 then right back to 55 and nothing happens.Nothing at all.

I sent a request for help off to Steam 14 hours ago and have not heard back yet.I see Ben is also having troubles with Steam/Dirt2 so they could be very busy these first few days of the games release.

Next time I wait and buy the DVD.

Johnny

Edit:At 1st I was laughing this off knowing things will work out but I am becoming rather annoyed with Steam.I have heard nothing back from them and just sat for 20 minutes trying to register at their forum now apparently " currently in the moderation queue to be added to the forum."

I expect I'll soon be "queued to get a full refund"

Rellick..
All the info i can give you is standard info u will usually get.
Since you say that the problems appeared after installing a 'sound program' i would recommend to uninstall this sound program, do a system restore and try to run the install again.
I dont know how your game download map looks but isnt there anyway to run the setup in another way u already tried?
Maybe in compatibilty mode, or as an admin.

Steam is known to reply quite slowly to tickets due to the fact that they dont get 1 ticket a day.
Your in the waiting line and will helped as soon as they helped all people in front of you.
Dont expect to much though..they will most likely tell that its your system causing the trouble and that they cannot help you any further.
I hope that they can provide you with a solution.

As i said before; Try to uninstall the sound program, do a system restore to a date before u installed the sound program and try again.

I hope u will succeed!

Jordy

Thx Jordi,,I believe my PC has 2 virus's,I need to address that issue before going any further with this.

I think your absolutely right about the Steam support,I've been pounding the forums for over a week with 1 problem then another so it's been getting stressful.One can easily forget that (1)its just a game (2) it's just a computer.Things will work out.

It's a lovely day here in Vancouver,,I'm going for a nice walk then I'm going to format my hard drive.

I will report back hopefully with good news when I'm done.

Thanks everyone,

Johnny

Is it possible to import DiRT 1 cars and tracks to DiRT 2?

it would be good if you could import the cars and tracks from dirt 1 into dirt 2 as i loved some of the rally tracks and cars in dirt, then it would be a little closer to a rally game, its gotta be possible shorely as i was looking at the files and they are almost identicle please some one have a crack at it.:fwd:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.