DiRT 2 Colin McRae: DiRT 2

Im not sure if its possible since dirt 2 was designed to be compatible with DX11..
Since dirt 1 was designed for DX9 i dont think the files are compatible..would very nice if it is possible since dirt 2 gets boring as hell.

DiRT 2 mods

I have been tinkering around with the wheel settings and come up with a pretty good feel. i felt i had to turn my wheel a little bit to much so i extended the linearity a bit more so now you dont have to turn so much its more consetrated in the centre.

just extract into your dirt 2 folder (DONT FORGET BACK UP FIRST)
Then start up game go to controls and adjust linearity to your liking i use mine on 25 as it is more responsive if you want it back to standard just put the slider on 5 this is mainly for wheels.

oh if it wont let you replace the file just right click properties and untick read only.

Attachments

• persistentdataupdate.rar
    1.7 KB · Views: 185
Im not sure if its possible since dirt 2 was designed to be compatible with DX11..
Since dirt 1 was designed for DX9 i dont think the files are compatible..would very nice if it is possible since dirt 2 gets boring as hell.

yeah but if that was the case we wouldnt be able load up the game with dx9 i reckon it can be done looking at the files from both games they are so identicle but i could be wrong lets hope not keep our fingers crossed lol.

I have been tinkering around with the wheel settings and come up with a pretty good feel. i felt i had to turn my wheel a little bit to much so i extended the linearity a bit more so now you dont have to turn so much its more consetrated in the centre.

just extract into your dirt 2 folder (DONT FORGET BACK UP FIRST)
Then start up game go to controls and adjust linearity to your liking i use mine on 25 as it is more responsive if you want it back to standard just put the slider on 5 this is mainly for wheels.

oh if it wont let you replace the file just right click properties and untick read only.

sorry i forgot to add, I am also working on the autoreset so you can go further off track. ill upload as soon as im done finishing the game.

About DiRT 2 clutch

I was looking at the in game actions xml and shore enough clutch is in the list, And its in the g25 xml so it has to be possible i reckon they just stuffed the codes up as i push the clutch out of habbit and the car brakes very enoying so i changed the code for the clutch so it wouldnt do any thing for the mean time. So if someone that knows about xml codes rewrites one i think it may work hopefully.

Sorry about all the posts but im getting so excited about the potential of this game lol.

Just installed the game as it took a few hours to download on Steam. All I can say that this game is alot of fun and a good break away from racing F1s. It looks amazing on my ATi 5850 with Eyefinity! :D

Is there a way to take in game screenshots? I use FRAPS but for some reason it doesn't display or take screenshots from the game.

just press the print screen button it works fine with me every single time

DiRT 2 Mod - Stop clutch acting as brake

this is just a fix for clutch acting as brake for the g25 so now when you push it it does nothing. not an actual fix i know but at least the car wont brake now when you do push it.

ok the file is in there now im really sorry about the guys.

Attachments

• actionmap.rar
    1 KB · Views: 148
  • Bert Van Waes

Well, it works on yr offline career Richard, but the moment you start up windows live it wants an update to the newer version. Without it you can't go online.

At the moment i just do it, the update, and online i just start again on level 1, without the save option. Luckily i can still join all the fun with the cars to choose from in the servers. But for the moment i won't see progress on the levels. Luckily i don't realy mind :D

It's all about the fun in this game.

There was a number of things that ruined Dirt 2 for me when I tried the demo, the clutch thing being one of them. I really wanted to enjoy Dirt 2, so spent quite some time Googling for a solution, but found no solution. You'd think that by now the most anorack-ey bunch playing it would have found a solution for it by now if there was one, so I guess it's safe to say we won't see proper clutch support in Dirt 2 unless done by Codemasters themselves. I don't know about you, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

There was a number of things that ruined Dirt 2 for me when I tried the demo, the clutch thing being one of them. I really wanted to enjoy Dirt 2, so spent quite some time Googling for a solution, but found no solution. You'd think that by now the most anorack-ey bunch playing it would have found a solution for it by now if there was one, so I guess it's safe to say we won't see proper clutch support in Dirt 2 unless done by Codemasters themselves. I don't know about you, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.
mmm ill have to agree with you there i have asked on several sites no one seems to answer anything about a clutch so its safe to say no clutch wich sucks in a major way why use h shift but not clutch or no one cares. i really do hope there is one cause that is the only thing stopping me from buying the game.

As it, to the best of my knowledge, stands for Not So Serious Racing then probably not. That doesn't however mean they are wreckers or anything like that. In fact I'd go as far as suggesting that not all drivers who use auto or other views are wreckers and forced cockpits and manual are no guarantee of a good race either.

Please don't take this the wrong way.

In most Racing games I use the bonnet cam, some really good drivers here even use swingman. By your rationale we're not worth racing with and whilst I understand that in the public servers forcing certain conditions may preclude some of the smacktards it's still no guarantee.

Knowing who you are racing with and having mutual respect and shared ideas of what's fair and decent racing are the key, not limiting people to what they can or can not use.

I'd certainly prefer to see any races organised through RD not having such limitations. This game is no sim but it is really great fun, I'd hate to see that fun spoiled by elitist attitudes to how you should play.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.