F1 2015 Codemasters announces F1 2015. Release date June 2015.

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
F1 2015 The Game - Codemasters Racing.jpg

British development team Codemasters have announced F1 2015 The Game, it's their first next-gen Formula One racing game for Windows PC, XboxOne and the Playstation 4.

F1 2015 will be based on a "brand new version of the proprietary EGO engine" and promises a "significant step forward in the physics-based handling model of the game", including a completely new tyre physics model.

We can only hope that thi means that the title will have a stronger emphasis on simulation, as this is supported by the new Pro Season mode, which will challenge the players to race a full season on the most realistic settings.

Here's what game director Paul Jeal had to say about the new physics model: "The handling is a vast improvement from our previous games. In particular our new tyre model is a superb step forward towards realism, letting you explore where the limit is and allowing you to instantly feel much more connected with the car. You can now experience the changes in grip caused by temperature changes, wear, car set-up, debris and weather conditions".

F1 2015 will also feature a full championship season mode, an online practice mode and will include the 2014 season as a bonus.

It seems like Codemasters is still busy modeling the new cars, and that the game will be updated as the real life F1 season goes on.

F1 2015 will be available on June 12 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Do you think Codemasters can find a renewed strength on their next-gen titles? Sound off in the comments!

F1 2015 The Game - Codemasters Racing 2.jpg F1 2015 The Game - Codemasters Racing.jpg

Will it have a German GP? Or super-realistic AI with the Mercedes team 10% faster than the rest of the field and Maldonado wrecking in the 1st lap of every race? :roflmao:
Why do people judge the f1 season from the first race, this season is going to be awesome. As for the game I thought that Codemasters were going to make the next f1 game so that it would update every season so I don't know why they called it F1 2015. :confused:

Oh dear !

...They can't make a F1 game without super glued front end, otherwise that same guy wouldnt be able to play with his joypad while sitting on the couch!
Many here might disagree, but this is the sad truth! we need a petition to remove F1 license from them.

Yes, you're so wrong it's not funny.

Most F1 game players are actually lying on the couch.

With the info we have so far, and mainly the answers from there community manager, then im now 99,99% sure that there is no career mode, not a normal atleast in F1 2015. That you can't make youre own driver, with name etc. Its just picking a real driver in a real team and race as them.

But aslong as they make this game properly I can acctually live with that... I mean if they get good handling, better AI, proper stuff like safety car, AI faillure etc, make the tv prodcast properly good etc. Then I can acctually live with a normal season mode, even if I have played almost just career mode on F1 games since Sony made them...

Since Codemasters career modes have ben the same boring thing since 2012(?) when they dropped live the life thingy. And even if there was a career mode in F1 2015 it would not be fun to create youreself I think, mostly because of license. Like you cant choose a driver number, you cant get youre name on the car and suit, I guess a custom name would not fit with the tv prodcast etc.

So I just hope for more info ofc, and mainly gameplay video and news about Pro Season Mode...

Codies have done some stuff very well in the game in the past.
Co Op, Career, Weather, the engineer. 2011 was my favourite and I didnt follow them after that one.
A couple of Co Opseasons with good team mates from my league were possibly the highlights for me.
Its just what appears to be the physics compromise to suit the mass market with controllers has let it down some years.
You CAN actually have great physics on Xbox, Race Pro did it with a version of the GMotor Physics engine licensed from ISI.
I hope they get it right as tons of fun can be had by many if they do.

Keeping my expectations rock bottom for this... But if I could have one feature in this it would be the ability to play with the ERS settings. One of the many (many, many, many) things wrong with 2014 was complete lack of any exposure of ERS. You wouldn't even know the car was a hybrid if you didn't follow F1.

Also if they keep the hidden steering assist crap (which cripples wheel users) they decided to put in '14 I'm done with this series.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back