F1 2015 Codemasters announces F1 2015. Release date June 2015.

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
F1 2015 The Game - Codemasters Racing.jpg

British development team Codemasters have announced F1 2015 The Game, it's their first next-gen Formula One racing game for Windows PC, XboxOne and the Playstation 4.

F1 2015 will be based on a "brand new version of the proprietary EGO engine" and promises a "significant step forward in the physics-based handling model of the game", including a completely new tyre physics model.

We can only hope that thi means that the title will have a stronger emphasis on simulation, as this is supported by the new Pro Season mode, which will challenge the players to race a full season on the most realistic settings.

Here's what game director Paul Jeal had to say about the new physics model: "The handling is a vast improvement from our previous games. In particular our new tyre model is a superb step forward towards realism, letting you explore where the limit is and allowing you to instantly feel much more connected with the car. You can now experience the changes in grip caused by temperature changes, wear, car set-up, debris and weather conditions".

F1 2015 will also feature a full championship season mode, an online practice mode and will include the 2014 season as a bonus.

It seems like Codemasters is still busy modeling the new cars, and that the game will be updated as the real life F1 season goes on.

F1 2015 will be available on June 12 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Do you think Codemasters can find a renewed strength on their next-gen titles? Sound off in the comments!

F1 2015 The Game - Codemasters Racing 2.jpg F1 2015 The Game - Codemasters Racing.jpg

They can screenshot all they want - it makes F all difference if the FFB is still buggy, the AI is still **** and all the bugs remain.

It'll be a very smart move from them to release a demo. In fact, if they released a demo in 2014, it could've pushed their sales up a bit as people would've noticed the difference in the cars. Screenshots and videos don't give you that.

But I'm guessing there won't be a demo.

The press release makes it clear that "a fully playable F1 2014 season" will be included. It also says that screenshots might show 2014 content, but that the 2015 content will be added closer and after release through free updates.

Fairly sure it's a new engine by the way, this is their first next-gen outing. Only time will tell, but this could be a neat little game.

This will be the first F1 game i'm not pre-ordering in 4 years. It will have to get a lot of great reviews from forum members here before i'll buy it. For me, as a console gamer, it would mean buying a new system, a new wheel, a new headset, and a wheel stand pro adaptor kit... all that just to play a game or two (F1 2015 and pcars). That's just too much to invest without knowing if the game and support will be up to par.

"The handling is a vast improvement from our previous games. In particular our new tyre model is a superb step forward towards realism, letting you explore where the limit is and allowing you to instantly feel much more connected with the car. You can now experience the changes in grip caused by temperature changes, wear, car set-up, debris and weather conditions".
Broken_record2.jpg

I'll believe that when I see it.

can't wait for it personally I thing best F1 was 2012 the car handled nicely IMO and graphics were good 13 had few laps and just didn't like it at all didn't see much improvement especially the fact for some reason not all wheels were compatible like the FFB has literally **** could be cause i've played sim's more but i doubt it, and 14 just didn't like it at all so looking forward to 15

Oh dear !

Some guys here are really good dreamers ... bugmasters are just money makers! they just want to sell and that's it.

They will certainly put all their efforts on the graphics side, tweak a bit menus but the old formula will still be there. They know that the average joe wants to jump in the car and destroy laptimes easily so he can feel like some F1 idol. They can't make a F1 game without super glued front end, otherwise that same guy wouldnt be able to play with his joypad while sitting on the couch!

Bugmasters F1 game is and will always be a game for pure fun not serious realism (not even close).

Many here might disagree, but this is the sad truth! we need a petition to remove F1 license from them.

Pls system specs be below 4GB ram, 2.9ghz 2-core processor and gfx card I don't care as I have a good one :notworthy:

anyway, yep, airuton is right, the game will have 2014 cars, because they knew how everyone wanted to play them on next-gen, so they're giving the players a chance.. a bit too late

Pls system specs be below 4GB ram, 2.9ghz 2-core processor and gfx card I don't care as I have a good one :notworthy:

anyway, yep, airuton is right, the game will have 2014 cars, because they knew how everyone wanted to play them on next-gen, so they're giving the players a chance.. a bit too late

community manager on codemasters forum:

New info - The Steam Page is live (pre-orders aren't up yet though)

And I have the current Minimum PC Specs
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• Minimum:
    • Processor: Quad Core @ 3.0 GHz
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD HD5870 / Nvidia GTX460
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Hard Drive: 20 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible soundcard
I don't have the recommenced yet, these will follow in the next few weeks.

Last edited:
community manager on codemasters forum:

New info - The Steam Page is live (pre-orders aren't up yet though)

And I have the current Minimum PC Specs
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• Minimum:
    • Processor: Quad Core @ 3.0 GHz
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD HD5870 / Nvidia GTX460
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Hard Drive: 20 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible soundcard
I don't have the recommenced yet, these will follow in the next few weeks.
i need to upgrade my ram and windows bit -_-

• Deleted member 161052

My computer has passed the minimum system requirements, now waiting for the recommended one...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back