CM/Custom Shader Patch giving better frame rates with CPU/GPU optimising

I'm not sure this is common knowledge and thought it deserved its own thread.
With a recent CM/Custom Shader Patch update we were given some experimental CPU and GPU optimising options.
They can be found in Content Manager's Settings > Custom Shader Patch > General Patch Settings

upload_2018-12-8_10-26-45.png

...and these are the options you need to tick.

upload_2018-12-8_10-20-26.png

Brief descriptions from the coder are (remember - these are still in development):

CPU options:

Merge meshes and Flatten nodes:
should give improvement on a few unoptimized tracks, might screw up lighting configs

GPU options:
Optimize draw order:
screws up online (will be fixed in next release), currently doesn't do anything when motion blur is enabled, should be safe to use and boost fps with AI and in cockpit view.
Optimize meshes: safe to have enabled, should give some improvement generally.

I've been doing some testing and just got a whopping 20fps increase in frame rate with all four of these options activated, hot-lapping at Zandvoort in the Lotus Evora GTC '14 (Kunos track, Kunos car for best benching). That basically means the difference between ASW and native 90fps in VR for me at high settings, which is pretty bloody impressive (980Ti/6600k). YMMV of course but there are definite gains to be had.

After some more elaborate back and forth testing it doesn't seem like Particles FX makes any difference in VR (yet), not sure why I got jump in performance first time by just turning this on, turning it off now makes no difference, visual or in performance, still doing 90 fps though. :redface:

Hi, where is the particles FX option? I can't see this on my shaders options?

As each time you install a new version, you'd better or rather you must first delete the previous one .... JSGME will help you a lot to take it out of the game just by unactivating it.
That way you're always sure not to forget one or other file of the previous version.

why does the ac shader mod page on discord seem so difficult.
every time that I need to login, it either send me to a page from last june or the pages are empty
and I have to search around to find my way back to present posts.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back