CM/Custom Shader Patch giving better frame rates with CPU/GPU optimising

I'm not sure this is common knowledge and thought it deserved its own thread.
With a recent CM/Custom Shader Patch update we were given some experimental CPU and GPU optimising options.
They can be found in Content Manager's Settings > Custom Shader Patch > General Patch Settings

upload_2018-12-8_10-26-45.png

...and these are the options you need to tick.

upload_2018-12-8_10-20-26.png

Brief descriptions from the coder are (remember - these are still in development):

CPU options:

Merge meshes and Flatten nodes:
should give improvement on a few unoptimized tracks, might screw up lighting configs

GPU options:
Optimize draw order:
screws up online (will be fixed in next release), currently doesn't do anything when motion blur is enabled, should be safe to use and boost fps with AI and in cockpit view.
Optimize meshes: safe to have enabled, should give some improvement generally.

I've been doing some testing and just got a whopping 20fps increase in frame rate with all four of these options activated, hot-lapping at Zandvoort in the Lotus Evora GTC '14 (Kunos track, Kunos car for best benching). That basically means the difference between ASW and native 90fps in VR for me at high settings, which is pretty bloody impressive (980Ti/6600k). YMMV of course but there are definite gains to be had.

Hi I´m getting this error since months ago, sometimes after about two hours and sometimes after 10 minutes. For sure it´s not a GPU temperature problem. Someone with this too or with some tip? Thank's.
View attachment 387153

it happened to me since I capped AC fps through RivaTuner and forced v-sync through NVidia control panel. Reverted to in-game settings for both and it's gone. Took me a bit to figure out since my Gpu is oc and so I thought that it was the actual problem. It wasn't, just AC not liking interferences from external softwares.

it happened to me since I capped AC fps through RivaTuner and forced v-sync through NVidia control panel. Reverted to in-game settings for both and it's gone. Took me a bit to figure out since my Gpu is oc and so I thought that it was the actual problem. It wasn't, just AC not liking interferences from external softwares.
I dónt have any external software like Riva. I'll try to not force v-sync through nvidia. Anyway untick meshes options in CSP apparently solved the problem. Yesterday there were no freezes anymore after two hours.
Thank's.

Only happens in VR with Oculus. No problem in single monitor or even in VR with other games.

Hi Damispeed! Sorry for necrobumping, but for what it sounds like i’m having exactly the same problem right now.

what excact settings did you turn off, and is this fix stil working in the long run? It’s driving (no pun intended) me crazy...

Hi Damispeed! Sorry for necrobumping, but for what it sounds like i’m having exactly the same problem right now.

what excact settings did you turn off, and is this fix stil working in the long run? It’s driving (no pun intended) me crazy...
Hi iRik, the setting is in CSP/ General Patch settings : GPU Optimization, I tried ticking / unticking the diferent meshes options and it seemed to work for a while but it turned again randomly (maybe not so often). Now I have a 3070 and since then the problem has dissapeared at all.

Anyway still frustrating that with every upgrade of CSP or SOL some new issues appear, usually related to fps performances or others but I guess it´s the price to pay for having this amazing simulator with so much variety of content.

Last edited:
Hello good!
For me the CM has been a headache, install sol + CSP, when performing performance tests I get over 150 fps, but when running a race with the same content of the performance test there is no case and hardly any loading The 99% cpu message appears, without the content manager the game is working very well, by the way I have a g29 steering wheel for any help I appreciate

pd: I've tried different AI numbers and the problem persists :(

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%