AC Classic F1 Championship 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
ok nice! Thank you
I can't find you on Simracing.gp where our race events are held. You have to make an account with your real name on S.GP (It's free) and post me your email address. I will then send you an invite for the RaceDepartment community. When you accept that, you will be a member and I can add you to the championship.

what would a respectable lap time at mosport with the lotus?
Don't know yet but we have a policy not to mention laptimes in these threads because they can be discouraging for newcomers.
You can go to the practice server (search for 'racedep', password 'dunlop') and do some laps there when there are others practicing. You can see for yourself. Or you can ask them via a PM.

I can't find you on Simracing.gp where our race events are held. You have to make an account with your real name on S.GP (It's free) and post me your email address. I will then send you an invite for the RaceDepartment community. When you accept that, you will be a member and I can add you to the championship.
I do have an account there NSR 96

Standings after race #5
RankNamePnts
1​
Enzo Fazzi
688​
2​
Laurent Londes
634​
3​
Axel Moebius
622​
4​
Reik Major
542​
5​
Hank Belane
498​
6​
Han Fazzi
495​
7​
Daniel Martinez
472​
8​
Paul Fairweather
430​
9​
Ernie Wright
423​
10​
Thomas Kimmich
412​
11​
Gerben Kelly
402​
12​
Chris Gonzales
356​
13​
Tajinder Johal
350​
14​
Gary Blumhagen
292​
15​
Colin Jones
262​
16​
Dan Rock
252​
17​
Allan Ramsbottom
243​
18​
Steve Hayward
243​
19​
Richard Barratt
227​
20​
Peter Jensen
201​
21​
Barnabas Fancsali
188​
22​
Fabiano de Lima
164​
23​
Davide Ricciardi
114​
24​
Tiago Henriques
84​
25​
NSR96
58​
26​
Michael Blohm
25​
27​
Abe Cede
21​

Standings after race #6
1649234096479.png

Last edited:
So now it's on to the final race of the championship.

First of all I would like to thank Han Fazzi for the great idea and the great organization.
Am I wrong when I say that maybe everyone is now thinking: Yes, finally, my race track! Now it will be seen whether the felt 5,000,000 laps I drove here will pay off. I am excited.

I would like to tell you a little story about my journey to and through this championship.
A few months before this all started, I bought an H-shifter. I've been thinking about it, no joke, for five years or more. After all, something like this is not cheap, and I also had my doubts as to whether it would be fun at all and whether it felt realistic. But I thought the third pedal must be good for something.
To practice, and to get a feel for this change after about ten years of using the paddles, the first thing I played was (lol) Forza Horizon. In hindsight I'd say that wasn't a bad idea, as as you can imagine the game is very forgiving . After that I switched to the Lancia Fulvia in Dirt Rally 2.0. Also a good choice, because it was nice and slow, but not quite as easy as in Forza. And so slowly I progressed to the faster cars in Dirt Rally 2.0.
Then by chance I came across this championship here. And I was like, hey, these are manual-shifting cars too, a great way to practice for the even harder tasks (actual simulations).
From race to race I realized that for many years I was missing out on driving H-shift cars with the paddles. It's great fun.
And although I might be even faster with the paddles, I only ride with the shifter if possible. Since that was a topic at Racedepartment recently, I wanted to get rid of this for you. I can only say to anyone who is thinking about buying something like this: do it! It changes everything again.

Last but not least, a big thank you to everyone for the fair races and the friendly conversation about it. :thumbsup:

(I hope the google translator did everything right) :whistling:

Thrustmaster TH8A

Well, I can tell you I've got a Fanatec Shifter v1.5 for many years now and I get into wrong gears every now and then. I had it now with this championship for 3 rounds straight with the Lotus 72D, I was often in 3rd gear but it shifts into 1st.. which causes the wheel to lock of course and you spin. I had it at LeMans, Mosport and 3 times!! at Monza... I tried calibrating between the races but every now and then I have to open the shifter and push a magnetic rod for the sensor back a bit (which does not seen out of place by much or at all) and just hope it works better.. It didn't have the issue last time out but I feel like it can happen any time. So I would not recommend the Fanatec shifter however I do like the build quality of it.. There are just not so many alternatives available sadly.

Well, I can tell you I've got a Fanatec Shifter v1.5 for many years now and I get into wrong gears every now and then. I had it now with this championship for 3 rounds straight with the Lotus 72D, I was often in 3rd gear but it shifts into 1st.. which causes the wheel to lock of course and you spin. I had it at LeMans, Mosport and 3 times!! at Monza... I tried calibrating between the races but every now and then I have to open the shifter and push a magnetic rod for the sensor back a bit (which does not seen out of place by much or at all) and just hope it works better.. It didn't have the issue last time out but I feel like it can happen any time. So I would not recommend the Fanatec shifter however I do like the build quality of it.. There are just not so many alternatives available sadly.
Luckily I haven't had any technical problems so far. Since I also have everything else from thrustmaster, my alternatives for shifters are not great. But I am fully satisfied with the TH8A.

Another question. Fanatec sounds like direct drive wheel. I have had a TS-PC Racer for 5 years now. Compared to the G27 that I used before, that was a very big difference to the positive. Thrustmaster apparently wants to release a direct drive wheel this year. I can't imagine much under DD. Is it a big difference? Could it be worth a new wheel for me?

Another question. Fanatec sounds like direct drive wheel. I have had a TS-PC Racer for 5 years now. Compared to the G27 that I used before, that was a very big difference to the positive. Thrustmaster apparently wants to release a direct drive wheel this year. I can't imagine much under DD. Is it a big difference? Could it be worth a new wheel for me?
In short:
You should either stick to your TS-PC Racer or go with a simucube sport/pro.
Changing to the Fanatec ecosystem isn't worth the costs imo.

About DD, what it can do better:
- rotate faster
- rougher FFB punches
- stronger FFB
- A bit smoother steering (no belt stepping)
- no fans (less noise)
- no noise when rotating
- on/off button
- no slamming to both ends when starting up

If you aren't annoyed by the fans of your base or the noise when steering and aren't too annoyed by the start-up calibration and no on/off button, then it's about the FFB only.

Sadly my 2 TS-PC bases I tried had some too loud coil whine so I had to buy the CSW 2.5 instead.

Do you want stronger or rougher FFB?
Do you find the TS-PC to be too weak or "mushy"?
Do you feel the steps of the toothed belt or are you annoyed by the almost there resistance of the base?
(I personally really like that about the TS-PC, my CSW 2.5 feels a bit "dead" around the center when the tarmac is flat).
Is the TS-PC rotating too slowly for your taste when drifting or catching a slide?

For me personally, the ffb of the TS-PC was enough. With my CSW 2.5, which does all this "better", I reduce the overall strength, I use some additional smoothing to make it less rough and I use some damping to make it rotate slightly slower.
So I don't need a DD wheel at all, apart from the "Inertia" setting for a beefier center feel.
Sadly the CSW 2.5 doesn't have the inertia setting.
The TS-PC racer however has some initial resistance due to the higher friction of the belt. And I loved that center feel :)

I also know quite some people who use their simucube wheels in rF2 with smoothing only to 2-3 (I use 12) and with very low gain but 10-15 Nm max torque.
Even with only my 8 Nm max torque, I find it to hurt my wrists and feel like grinding my teeth across the tarmac instead of driving a car with rubber tyres.

For additional info about the CSL DD vs CSW 2.5:

And about Fanatec ecosystem:
Everything has SOME flaws. The mini screen on the DD1 and DD2 make the wheel output jolts randomly when showing anything else than the Fanatec logo.
I had to get my CSL elite pedals repaired, my V3 pedals aren't adjustable to my liking, the quick releases have some play, the CSL DD shaft loses connection sometimes, with some driver versions I had weird vibrations in some games that wen't away with an older driver or 2 versions newer driver etc etc.

Getting a CSW 2.5 or now CSL DD with a 300€ rim and the V3 pedals (or now the new CSL pedals) is the way to go imo. Bang for the buck is good enough to deal with the issues every now and then.
But it's not that much ahead of what you already have so not worth it!

And if you'd consider V3 pedals + DD1 + 500-600€ rim, then I'd say spend a bit more and get a Simucube Sport + Heusinkveld Sprint + any rim you want since it doesn't need to be compatible anymore.

Hope that helps to not spend money :)

DF-GT to Fanatec Porsche wheel, big setup, but you did not need to know it was made of plastic to tell it was all plastic, you could feel it was plastic.
Then the first Fanatec CSW, which was undoubtedly a big improvement over the other two, this is where it all plateaued, next was SimXperience's first DD wheel, very grainy and notchy, but no real improvement over the Fanatec CSW, just felt better made and more pleasing to use.
Then I bought the first Simcube sport and the wireless Asher racings first steering wheel, which was a big setup in everything, realism, feel, speed, quality.
But alas it was no real improvement in actual use over the old CSW, the now 2.5 is a better wheel.
In fact, if I was to return to a Fanatec 2.5, I would not feel short-changed using the now much improved Fanatec wheels and 2.5 base for racing.

I am definitely not saying that the Simcube 2 is not better in every way than the CSW, but I do not actually think it makes any difference to your racing.
It is just a nice bit of kit to own, and my Cube control wheel is a joy to own and use too, but neither is a must-have in any way shape or form to when you actually hit the track for a race, but the HE pro pedals do.

Pedals are another thing altogether, starting with the plastic DF-GT pedals, the, I think Fanatec Porsche plastic pedals to the all-metal first Club Sport pedals with the load cell, these made a really big jump in everything really, until i bought the HE pro pedals.
From my perspective buying the HE engineering Pro pedals, I think they were from the second batch he made back in 2015.
These without a doubt made a big difference, well above my progress through Steering bases, staying with me until a few months ago.
Only letting them go for reasons outside of their undoubted ability to make braking far more intuitive than they have a right to do.

I hope what Rasmus has said above, and the, from my perspective too, it helps in some way to clarify you spending your hard-earned cash.:)

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea