Staff
Premium
1200px-Ferrari_312_-_002.jpg
Lotus-49-Cosworth-7221.jpg

1200px-Regazzoni%2C_Clay_am_31.07.1976_-_Ferrari_312T.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

A new championship unique in history!

Based on the 1967 Formula 1 season, we visit 8 different tracks with the '60s F1 cars AND the '70s F1 cars in separate races. In each event we do two races of 35 min.

But that is not everything! As a participant you have to choose a brand: Lotus or Ferrari for the entire championship. If you choose the Lotus 49 from the 1960s, you will have to drive the Lotus72D in the second race. The same goes of course for the Ferrari 312/67 and Ferrari 312T. So do you consider yourself a proud British Lotus driver or rather a temperamental Italian Ferrari driver? Make a decision and choose wisely! You're in it for the entire championship.

It will be one championship, but technically it's two s.gp championships. You must sign up for both and with the same brand. The championship score is the number of points you get in both s.gp championships.

Standings in this classic F1 championship will be posted here in this thread and will be updated after each event. This will not be visible on s.gp.

This is a closed championship! Please post here with your choice of brand (Lotus or Ferrari) if you want to sign up!

Championship details:

• Cars '60s: Lotus49 and Ferrari 312/67
  • Cars '70s: Lotus72D and Ferrari 312T
  • The events are every two weeks on Tuesday (see S.GP for date/time)
  • 15 min practice, 20min qualify, 35min race
  • Optimal track conditions
  • No mandatory pitstop
  • Practice server will be available during the week of the event.

Tracks:
  • Kyalami
  • Zandvoort
  • Spa
  • LeMans
  • Mosport
  • Monza
  • Watkins Glen
  • Nordschleife
Further details such as scoring rules and track conditions can be found on the Championship S.GP page. For each event, a thread will be posted as usual as a reminder and for the latest information.

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here and here to learn how you can participate as well.

Useful Links:

Last edited:
I'm in! Woow, back to back races on the same track with different cars.. interesting!
Laurent, you have to stick with the same brand so I've giving you the Lotus for the 70 championship.
If you don't want that, then change both cars to the Ferrari.

Last edited:
Yes a championship isn't password protected. I can make it closed but than I have to register each participant myself.
Someone I don't know signed up and I can't check premium so I made both championships closed.
I want to be certain that the 'regular guys' like you will have a spot.

I've just become Premium for one year, I want to sign in the combined championship please ( I was looking forward to joining a RaceDepartment championship!).
I still haven't decided my cars, but if I have to choose then I'd say Ferraris
Hi Dani,

Great that you are joining us!
But before that you have to register your full real name in your RD account (it says only Dani now). That must be the same name you have entered in S.GP. I need that in order to add you as a participant.

Hi Dani,

Great that you are joining us!
But before that you have to register your full real name in your RD account (it says only Dani now). That must be the same name you have entered in S.GP. I need that in order to add you as a participant.
Done! I'm Daniel Martinez. Here my simracingGP profile:

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.3%