0​
23​
Dan Rock
0​
24​
Han Fazzi
0​
Boy, Enzo must have made you mad, huh?

I need to drop out, I am sorry. Because after the half the 1st race it was evident to me that I am more like an obstacle in this car than a participant. Keeping this old F1 car under control was simply impossible for me :(.
At least it doesn't seem like I have prevented someone else from getting into the championship, since there was still one place free in the event series as far as I see it.

I'll be glad to participate in other one-off races in a bit slower cars.
You folks have fun on the track! See you some other time, okay?

Sorry guys, I give up.
These types of cars were not invented for me. I was so slow that I was afraid I would ruin the competition for the others.
Good luck with the other races.

Sorry guys, I give up.
These types of cars were not invented for me. I was so slow that I was afraid I would ruin the competition for the others.
Good luck with the other races.
Barnabas, please try the multiclass on Wednesdays. The MX5 is great to start with. A lot of the guys here in the midfield started last year in that multiclass and I'm quite certain that they will confirm that they learned a lot.

Last edited:
Sorry about the terrible connection and high ping. I saw other cars jumping around on the track but didn't realize it was me! Thank you for letting me know and i hope it was better on the 2nd race.

Both races were challenging and rewarding. Although i was at the back of the pack, im happy because i was able to maintain control of the car. Slow pace for sure, but no spins or wall slams.

The first race had an unfortunate pile up early on, which i was able to avoid. Instantly i went from last to 12th. I was cruising alone for a bit, wondering how long it would take the pack to catch up to my slow pace, when something slammed me off the track. It felt like someone hit me, but no one else was around. I haven't watched the replay yet, but I'm assuming it was a ping related thing. I sat patiently off the track and watched the pack go by, rejoining the race at the back.

Overall, the second race looked cleaner, but i did get caught in someone else's accident and spun off. Somehow there were a few cars behind me who were definitely faster and caught up pretty fast. They were able to move past me without much hassle and i didn't fight too hard. No sense in wrecking trying to defend against a better driver.

Mostly the races were an exercise in staying on track and watching for blue flags.

I hope everyone had a great time in these terrifying old beasts. I know i did.

Congrats to the winners and happy birthday, Enzo!!!

Standings overall after race #1:
RankNamePnts
1​
Reik Major
137​
2​
Laurent Londes
131​
3​
Enzo Fazzi
131​
4​
Axel Moebius
122​
5​
Gerben Kelly
119​
6​
Paul Fairweather
98​
7​
Daniel Martinez
95​
8​
Han Fazzi
94​
9​
Hank Belane
91​
10​
Tiago Henriques
84​
11​
Peter Jensen
80​
12​
Thomas Kimmich
79​
13​
Richard Barratt
76​
14​
Dan Rock
76​
15​
Ernie Wright
69​
16​
Tajinder Johal
64​
17​
Fabiano de Lima
64​
18​
Steve Hayward
60​
19​
Gary Blumhagen
50​
20​
Chris Gonzales
50​
21​
Barnabas Fancsali
22​
22​
Abe Cede
21​
23​
Colin Jones
0​

@abecede @groy1980 Sorry if I'm sticking my nose into other people's business, but I encourage you to keep on practicing and don't give up. In my opinion, this kind of cars are a great way to learn and improve because you need to control the throttle, not blocking brakes, control the corner entry... The time gaps are bigger than with other cars because a little error with them costs many tenths or seconds...
With electronic cars like GT3, one learns much less because almost everything is automatically controlled, it's more about pushing limits (not easy, otherwise I would be fast haha).

As well, the replays could help you, because you can watch the fastest drivers to try to understand their techniques. I'm going to do that for the 60's, because yesterday I realized I was much slower than expected even though I finally improved. At the end of the qualy, I changed my acceleration and that made me gain almost two seconds.

Best regards

Last edited:
@abecede @groy1980 Sorry if I'm sticking my nose into other people's business, but I encourage you to keep on practicing and don't give up. In my opinion, this kind of cars are a great way to learn and improve because you need to control the throttle, not blocking brakes, control the corner entry... The time gaps are bigger than with other cars because a little error with them costs many tenths or seconds...
With electronic cars like GT3, one learns much less because almost everything is automatically controlled, it's more about pushing limits (not easy, otherwise I would be fast haha).

As well, the replays could help you, because you can watch the fastest drivers to try to understand their techniques. I'm going to do that for the 60's, because yesterday I realized I was much slower than expected even though I finally improved. At the end of the qualy, I changed my acceleration and that made me gain almost two seconds.

Best regards
Fully agree!!!! :thumbsup:

Best regards
Quick question, is there a way of going back and watching the replays of the race?

Quick question, is there a way of going back and watching the replays of the race?
My replays are automatically saved within documents/assetto/replays, at least in my game according to the settings I have. I use Content Manager, the alternative launcher of the game, and there I adjusted how many automatic replays I want, how long minimum recorded, etc.
I'm talking out of my computer, but the path is similar plus another folder for those replays that you still haven't manually saved. I'll try to confirm you all of this tonight when I turn on my computer.
If you don't find anything, I can send you my replays ;)

Last edited:
Content Manager and this settings works for me!
1643221713755.png

I also like to join the championship, in the Lotus
Welcome Michael,

You're in. As I haven't seen you before in our events, I ask you to read everything in the first post very carefully, especially the rules. Second: please join the Discord voice chat during the event. You can hear my last minute information but also other drivers that give instructions for overtake in blue flag situations.

I don't know if you have a lot of experience with online racing but these cars are quite difficult to drive. My Wednesdays events are very suited to learn racing with us.

See you on track!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back