AC Classic DTM @ Riverside - Mon 04 Feb 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
What a fantastic car/track combo, such an amazing blast, huge thanks to @Denis Betty and @Craig Dunkley for running this event:):thumbsup: Haven't had that much since we found you could blow up condoms and stick 'em on 'yer head:p

Huge congrats to the podium guys, sad git that I am, I'll watch the replay of you guys first thing tomorrow:rolleyes:

From grid 7th I got very lucky with some others misfortune - sorry to hear @RobertR1 had to leave, looked close up front. Happy for a 6th with a fuel & tyre stop, sod position, couldn't resist a fresh set of boots for extra fun at the end:D

Thanks to all for the Monday Madness:p

---------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Does anyone know of a fix for Logitech G920 shifter not being able to select 3rd & 5th gear reliably? Haven't used it for months until tonight, seems to think, on occassion, 3rd is 1st and 5th is 3rd. And no Craig, it wasn't my brain cell packing up;)

Last edited:
Was that you in front of me John before I had to leave? I was happy chilling behind 3rd at a fun pace.

The wheel kept getting looser and even with FF set to 1% in simucube, it started to rattle a lot when going over curbs. I just didn’t want to damage anything so thought better to quit.

Was that you in front of me John before I had to leave? I was happy chilling behind 3rd at a fun pace.

The wheel kept getting looser and even with FF set to 1% in simucube, it started to rattle a lot when going over curbs. I just didn’t want to damage anything so thought better to quit.
I did get past you very early on, though I think you got boxed in with someone having a 'moment', you got the place back within a couple of corners:p Sorry to hear your race was over so quick, sure you'll have more fun next time:thumbsup:

Overall a great race. Qualified P3 with the BMW but braced myself for the race as fuel was going to be critical.

Really bad start, lost 4 places then lost control at shortly after, preferring to leave the track than crashing into somebody. Made it up to P6, a nice battle with @Medilloni and @Ronnie Böhme until I lost control again. After that, it has been a slow game of catching up John until his pit stop made me realize I was not going to the end. 5 laps of critical fuel management and I was good to go to the checkered flag !

So yea, not stopping with the BMW was doable, with some heavy lifting.

Congrats everyone and thank you for bringing the classic DTM in club races, that M3 is a joy to throw in high speed bends and its rear end really likes to dance while braking hard. A fun little thing !

Overall a great race. Qualified P3 with the BMW but braced myself for the race as fuel was going to be critical.

Really bad start, lost 4 places then lost control at shortly after, preferring to leave the track than crashing into somebody. Made it up to P6, a nice battle with @Medilloni and @Ronnie Böhme until I lost control again. After that, it has been a slow game of catching up John until his pit stop made me realize I was not going to the end. 5 laps of critical fuel management and I was good to go to the checkered flag !

So yea, not stopping with the BMW was doable, with some heavy lifting.

Congrats everyone and thank you for bringing the classic DTM in club races, that M3 is a joy to throw in high speed bends and its rear end really likes to dance while braking hard. A fun little thing !
Hey Yohann, it was me you bumped into, just wanted to say thanks so much for the 'sorry' and waiting, really appreciated my friend:thumbsup:

You were so much quicker than me so I want to know:
1.What is your set-up?
Or
2.What are you eating?
...seriously though, in hindsight, I should have let you through earlier.... and I would have learnt more! :)

Last edited:
Guys, we MUST honor the BLUE flag, this is a must ruling, no ifs no buts.

In AC you get hand fulls of notice, so there is no excuse and if you are not aware that there is blue flag driver behind you, then simply you should not be in a race event.

As soon as I get notice of a blue flag, that becomes my main focus, I start to work out where the driver is likely to catch me, I try to work it so it happens down a straight and I would lift my foot of my gas pedal, to ensure it does happen down the straight. If you believe the blue flag driver will catch you on a bend? ..then slow down enough, so you can take that corner wide, yes we may loose a few tenths, but you have to let the faster driver through.....and why piss off a faster driver, he/she is helping you by being in the event, you can learn so much from a faster talented racer.

I do not care if you are five seconds or so of pace, beginners are very welcome to race in any of the events, but you must honor the blue flag, this is a must.

Do not ignore the blue flag and do not try to race them, all you will achieve is to hold up a much faster driver.

Sorry @Denis Betty ...I have only just realized that this was one of your events :barefoot:

Last edited:
Yes, we've all read the rules - "observe all safety flags and lights". When we sign up for a race, we are agreeing to abide by these rules. A little bit of courtesy and common sense, will go a long way. Let's all look out for each other. :thumbsup:

Just wondering mr. Iwanczuk, if you know the meaning of a blue flag?
Let the car behind you to overtake you

Why?

My only mistake in this event was when i returned to track and didn't see cars were coming. I looked in the mirror and saw two cars only which I let pass, but there were many more. The result we all know.

But it wasn't a blue flag situation.

Everytime i found someone faster than me i let pass.
(sorry bad english)

Last edited:
Hey Yohann, it was me you bumped into, just wanted to say thanks so much for the 'sorry' and waiting, really appreciated my friend:thumbsup:

You were so much quicker than me so I want to know:
1.What is your set-up?
Or
2.What are you eating?
...seriously though, in hindsight, I should have let you through earlier.... and I would have learnt more! :)

I kinda missed my braking, so it was the normal thing to do to wait for you. I like to drive agressively but sometimes it fails and the least I can do is this.

I used an old setup I got from someone in previous DTM Events, it was on Highlands Drift I think. It's a nice one where the car is agressive and really light, but I had trouble putting the power down at corner exits, it was very visible while following you. All I did was adjusting tire pressure for quali and race, and gear ratios. I can post it tonight, but I don't think it is that good.

I wasn't that fast anyway, most of the time gained on you was in the slow mid-lap section, from the uphill right hander to the back straight. We touched because I was braking later than you did at that corner for instance.

I kinda missed my braking, so it was the normal thing to do to wait for you. I like to drive agressively but sometimes it fails and the least I can do is this.

I used an old setup I got from someone in previous DTM Events, it was on Highlands Drift I think. It's a nice one where the car is agressive and really light, but I had trouble putting the power down at corner exits, it was very visible while following you. All I did was adjusting tire pressure for quali and race, and gear ratios. I can post it tonight, but I don't think it is that good.

I wasn't that fast anyway, most of the time gained on you was in the slow mid-lap section, from the uphill right hander to the back straight. We touched because I was braking later than you did at that corner for instance.
I just tried lowering standard set-up a tiny bit (which was a bad decision in hindsight), went harder on anti-roll bars and played with tyre pressures, very loose but enjoyed it.:D Where we touched I knew I was quite slow in, but knew if I wasn't fast out you'd get me!

Your sideways car in my mirror was very entertaining!... and the replay shows just how much these cars drift:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back