AC Classic DTM @ Riverside - Mon 04 Feb 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Let the car behind you to overtake you

Why?

My only mistake in this event was when i returned to track and didn't see cars were coming. I looked in the mirror and saw two cars only which I let pass, but there were many more. The result we all know.

But it wasn't a blue flag situation.

Everytime i found someone faster than me i let pass.
(sorry bad english)
Hi Bruno, thanks for making sure that you came back on track safely. I have not seen the replay, so I cannot comment about the blue flag ATM. The message is to everybody, please do your best to let the leaders through without any hold ups. As Craig said earlier in this thread, we all should look out for blue flags, but I guess we can all make a mistake.

BTW, please don't worry about your English, it seems fine to me. :)

Hi Bruno, thanks for making sure that you came back on track safely. I have not seen the replay, so I cannot comment about the blue flag ATM. The message is to everybody, please do your best to let the leaders through without any hold ups. As Craig said earlier in this thread, we all should look out for blue flags, but I guess we can all make a mistake.

BTW, please don't worry about your English, it seems fine to me. :)
Actually i wasn't sure enough that time because i wans't much concentrated in the game. I don't know if you saw it but many cars crashed into me. Sorry for that accident altough it was only a practice session.

Last edited:
Let the car behind you to overtake you

Why?

My only mistake in this event was when i returned to track and didn't see cars were coming. I looked in the mirror and saw two cars only which I let pass, but there were many more. The result we all know.

But it wasn't a blue flag situation.

Everytime i found someone faster than me i let pass.
(sorry bad english)

To be clear and to expand on what Denis has said, the blue flag rule is for if a car behind you is coming up to lap you, a blue flag will show for you and you must let them past unless you have a significant pace advantage. Sorry if I sound condescending explaining it, but I want it to be clear for the rest of the message. If a blue flag shows for you it means that the car behind is a lap ahead. You are not battling for position with them, and presumably since they are a lap ahead they have better pace than you. This means that when you see the blue flag you should let them pass, as it benefits you both to avoid battling for position, when it doesn't actually change the position either of you are in. I wasn't there so I can't comment on the situation as a whole, but if you saw a blue flag its likely something similar to the situation I explained, and Axel is a very experienced driver who knows what he's talking about. Again, sorry if you already know all of this, but its always good to be sure.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 98 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 74 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 78 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 50 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 108 13.7%