Circuit 24H Lemans

Tracks Circuit 24H Lemans 3.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
  • Deleted member 241736

Hello Tiago, thx for your efforts and the passion for GT-Racing aaaaaaand modding! Since your overhaul Le Mans track, pc2 is out of race when it comes to Le Mans simrace battle (also the dynamic light mod is sooo cool). One thing I have: Your Night Version doesn‘t really work to me. (No lighted objects like the Michelin tower ...)
Xela1 greetings

Hello Tiago, thx for your efforts and the passion for GT-Racing aaaaaaand modding! Since your overhaul Le Mans track, pc2 is out of race when it comes to Le Mans simrace battle (also the dynamic light mod is sooo cool). One thing I have: Your Night Version doesn‘t really work to me. (No lighted objects like the Michelin tower ...)
Xela1 greetings
I tried several night mods and the only one that works (for now) is the NIGHT_SRJF1. All other mods seem to dim (or shut off) the building and tower lights.
It's only a black sky though, while other mods have clouds/stars/moonlight etc... Whish they would work too... :whistling:
Still have to try black night, but as far is I can see on vids, that is also only black...

• Deleted member 241736

I tried several night mods and the only one that works (for now) is the NIGHT_SRJF1. All other mods seem to dim (or shut off) the building and tower lights.
It's only a black sky though, while other mods have clouds/stars/moonlight etc... Whish they would work too... :whistling:
Still have to try black night, but as far is I can see on vids, that is also only black...
Thx fyi - will check it out tonight. Greetings

Hey Man...i would defo recommend trying the black night weather...this is what i mostly used to set levels (as for me its the best night weather we have right now)...i think most of the others i have tried are too dark....i'm sure this situation will get better as people get there head around the right balance....then i can adjust according to suit more weather options

if only the likes of WagnumPI or Peter Boase would create some beautiful night weathers, that would be sweet....as i currently use their day time weathers and filters a lot, as i know a lot of other do...they are kinda the base standard for me.

• Deleted member 241736

Hey Man...i would defo recommend trying the black night weather...this is what i mostly used to set levels (as for me its the best night weather we have right now)...i think most of the others i have tried are too dark....i'm sure this situation will get better as people get there head around the right balance....then i can adjust according to suit more weather options

if only the likes of WagnumPI or Peter Boase would create some beautiful night weathers, that would be sweet....as i currently use their day time weathers and filters a lot, as i know a lot of other do...they are kinda the base standard for me.
fully agree. Time to open a thread ....

@jim lloyd and @Tiago Lima thanks guys - this update truly transforms the old v1.2 mod into something else!

It just looks so much better now and in some places fixes even some issues the old track had. It is a great update over the old track.

During the RD event I had only two issues I would think need urgent attention if the track is to be used in online racing again:

1) [MAJOR] hole / rough surface of run off area at Tetre Rouge (there is a small triangular gravel trap on the left hand side of Tetre Rouge - the asphalt run off between the gravel trap and the track has holes and I managed to get stuck there after having missed my braking point and my race was over :-(

In the same run of area are tire groove mark textures that seem to float above the road.

2) [MAJOR] performance issues / stuttering (racing on the no chicane version)
Two times during the race (with only 12 attendees) I had sever stuttering / slow downs for a few seconds - once I experienced the stuttering entering the fast right hand turn leading towards Indianapolis and the stuttering lasted until leaving Arnage.

The second time I recall the stuttering was when I entered the Porsche curves and it only stopped a little before Karting.

I could not manage to pinpoint exactly what happened during the stuttering but I have to mention that with Assetto Corsa on this computer I experienced no performance issues usually and this was new to me in this form (1080Ti + i7 7800k + 32GB RAM + 1080 triple screens @60Hz).

I did not experience any stuttering / performance issues during the start (which is often times a first indicator if there is performance issues as all cars in the field are in a tight space together).
I also did not experience any stuttering or performance issues when we spend another hour of just hot lapping and poking fun with different cars around the layout with chicanes.

3) [VERY MINOR] I found one minor issue (only apparent to me as I specifically looked for this as the old v1.2 was really bad at this)

When leaving Tetre Rouge to enter the long Mulsanne straight the old track had really awful objects popping at the horizon with the trees and track slowly popping into view as you would run down the straight.
This new v2.02 REALLY LOOKS AWESOME !!! There was no apparent object popping on the first few laps I looked for it - only a minor thing I saw (again, LOOKING for this issue - I am sure when just racing people may not even see it).

Trees on the left hand side of the straight will not pop into view but it looks as if LODs change and the shape of some of the trees change as you run down the straight.
I became aware of that as we were running the no chicane version with the Group C cars running down at 350+ km/h and it just became visible this way.
Maybe this could be improved and it would be perfect ;-)

I am definitely going to test this track more - it looks so nice now ;-)

Hey Man

Thanks for this clear and concise breakdown

Ok so i have fixed the holes...that was pretty straight forward....

with testing some more my end to replicate your stutters...i too get frame slight (2-3fps dropped for a second or two) dips at those 2 points...but only on my first lap...which if im honest i'm not really sure why that would be...i will keep tweaking about to try gain a little smother performance all round

i will wait to update until the end of the day....just to see what other issues folks may have

Peter is constantly upgrading his gbw Suite and in it's current release is already fully compatible with a full 24h cycle through Content Manager.
Even better his mod if installed correctly will not only provide proper lighting at each choose time of day but will come with the different weather textures, shaders and effects his mod is so famous for.

His mod so far looks by far of the highest quality.

Hey Man

Thanks for this clear and concise breakdown

Ok so i have fixed the holes...that was pretty straight forward....

with testing some more my end to replicate your stutters...i too get frame slight (2-3fps dropped for a second or two) dips at those 2 points...but only on my first lap...which if im honest i'm not really sure why that would be...i will keep tweaking about to try gain a little smother performance all round

i will wait to update until the end of the day….just to see what other issues folks may have

Big thanks for the effort - I will be testing the track more and more over the upcoming weeks as I will replicate this years race and practice for the upcoming DRM Group 5 race on this track next weekend - that will be a BLAST !
Also it's quite interesting that we can now compare rF2 + Circuit de la Sarthe + Porsche 911 RSR and the same setup in Assetto Corsa to calibrate rF2 and shake down all those settings ;-)

Hey Man...i would defo recommend trying the black night weather...this is what i mostly used to set levels (as for me its the best night weather we have right now)...i think most of the others i have tried are too dark..
Well, I seem to experience the opposite. Just tried black night...
A comparison (each time car has headlights on, time set to 12:00)

Black Night:
black_night.png

Night_SRJF1
SRJF1.png

tk_mid_clear_night
Mid_Clear_Night.png

moonlight
Moonlight.png

Night_SRJF1 is the only one that gives me clear lights on the buildings/tower. Downside is that the road is too bright because it is a old mod that has been made for formula1 on night versions of Bahrain and Yas Marina, so no headlights needed.

Black night would be fine if the buildings/tower were better lit, but as it is now on my system (maybe I'm missing something), it's too dark. Eposure multiplyer is only able to darken it even more (headlights and environment at the same time).

tk_mid_clear_night is fine on other tracks (by changing time it can made darker or lighter) but here it dims the building lights

moonlight is part of a set with different kinds of night lighting. But it seems to be made for use without headlights because too bright. Darkening can be done while adapting the exposure but here also it dims the headlights too, so not useful. It also has very bright white clouds that are a bit disturbing to me...

Last edited:

Black Night:
black_night.png

Night_SRJF1
SRJF1.png

tk_mid_clear_night
Mid_Clear_Night.png

moonlight
Moonlight.png

Night_SRJF1 is the only one that gives me clear lights on the buildings/tower. Downside is that the road is too bright because it is a old mod that has been made for formula1 on night versions of Bahrain and Yas Marina, so no headlights needed.

Black night would be fine if the buildings/tower were better lit, but as it is now on my system (maybe I'm missing something), it's too dark. Eposure multiplyer is only able to darken it even more (headlights and environment at the same time).

tk_mid_clear_nigth is fine on other tracks (by changing time it can made darker or lighter) but here it dims the building lights

moonlight is part of a set with different kinds of night lighting. But it seems to be made for use without headlights because too bright. Darkening can be done while adapting the exposure but here also it dims the headlights too, so not useful. It also has very bright white clouds that are a bit disturbing to me...

this is great...but as you can see it would be hard to balance across all those different weathers...which i'm willing to try and do...just right now i want to wait and see how things pan out

• Deleted member 241736

this is great...but as you can see it would be hard to balance across all those different weathers...which i'm willing to try and do...just right now i want to wait and see how things pan out
I try to configure the weather.ini and color.ini to dispense the sun but there are too much unknown parameters. Anybody out there who has an manual how to tweak those ini-files inside the weather folder? You also know how to adjust the headlight brightness via ppfilter

LeMans 2017 V2.03

Pit Lane detection and speed limiter -- V2.03 update made no difference.
Should I download and install one of the old Pit Lane AI fixes for the V1.2 version of La Sarthe? Would they even be compatible with new V2 version of the track?

Possibly related: during race sessions (not practice) it shows me a Yellow Flag every time I cross the Start/Finish line if there is any car in the pits. Seems to consider this to be "car off the track ahead."

Last edited:

My weather suite gbwSuite 2.2 has already day/night for clear, few clouds and broken clouds. When you set the times around 0:00 then you have a pitch black surrounding. Choosing times before and after this, will lighten up the scenery in small amount.
I will look for the track, i have an adaption variable to fit every track individual for night scenery.

Black Night:
black_night.png

Night_SRJF1
SRJF1.png

tk_mid_clear_night
Mid_Clear_Night.png

moonlight
Moonlight.png

tk_mid_clear_nigth is fine on other tracks (by changing time it can made darker or lighter) but here it dims the building lights

You could also try out gbwSuite 2.2. It has night times for clear, few clouds and broken clouds. If you want to perfectly set the environment for this track at night, i could show you how to adapt it with 1 value in the weather files..

You could also try out gbwSuite 2.2. It has night times for clear, few clouds and broken clouds. If you want to perfectly set the environment for this track at night, i could show you how to adapt it with 1 value in the weather files..
Good thing that you chimed in. Reminds me of a question I had and forgot about. I used to have an early version of gbw installed, but then I could not change the exposure values in game. Did I miss something, or has that changed ? There is quite some difference between tracks and cockpit views, which I can remedy with the exposure thing. Changing brightness on my triples each time is too much of a hassle...

Edit, I re-installed gbw and as I feared, the exposure multiplier does not work when using it.

Edit 2: lost the headlights too, even using other night mods...

Last edited:
I might not have the latest update but if you go straight on at indy and through the hole in the armco barriers there is a hole.

Hehe..ok dont drive there....why are you driving through the hole in the barriers:)

to be fair that hole was probably there in all versions...ill look to add in some invisible barriers for those that feel they need to escape the confines

Just downloaded the most recent version today (can't keep up with the constant updates, downloading a 300mb+ mod every few days isn't super appealing to me).

Whilst I realise there is gonna be no improvements to the mesh, I was hoping being a cosmetic /visual improvement that the aesthetics of the pit area would be much improved - its all looking totally flat for me - the pit building concrete could do with some AO for sure.

Here is what I'm talking about, in the shadow the grey concrete is all super flat. Compare that with these pits in the same shadow, which have much more depth and look a lot more realistic.

f3ZXJXu.jpg

xB3o1YP.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes