Circuit 24H Lemans

Tracks Circuit 24H Lemans 3.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
yes if more than 2 or 3 people request it....
I fear not everyone is posting and requesting features in this thread here.

For example there is scheduled a RD club race on the layout without chicanes with Group C cars later tonight.
The situation with updating a track and stripping a layout is making things worse as now people have to find ways to have several versions of the same track :-(

It would be very nice if you could add the no chicane version back in.

Regarding the whole re-conversion over conversion over conversion, quality, accuracy discussion going on …
Sim racers are all about accuracy and realistic tracks the issue though is that when one of the most iconic race tracks - an absolute must have track really - is just not available in any other way but a re-converted track that started life many years ago then this track is all we have.

No arguing about it's inaccuracies is improving it really.

I really respect the effort people put into "putting lip stick on a pig" as it is work to improve the track we currently have.
I also very much respect and like constructive criticism and a helping hand lend by some of the known master track makers.
I get how - by today's standards - a shoddy, technically subpar track is really upsetting some of the highly skilled track makers (I too get really upset when I see shoddy workmanship or an unprofessional job regarding my work life - when I see sloppy CAD design or shortcuts taken on an engineering design it really upsets me).
I do not think though that attitude - any which way - helps the people who are involved in sim racing.

People can make their judgements on performance. People know that tracks made some of the most gifted track makers are simply amazing, in some cases even supersede standards of tracks built by the makers of a sim and people recognize these track makers with having a high standard.

People also recognize track makers who cut corners or are known for lesser quality work.

It helps no-one to call each other out. It just comes across as condescending I am afraid.

As long as we have no accurate scratch built Circuit de la Sarthe this is the one we have got and any effort to improve it is highly welcome I am absolutely sure about that.

Is there any way to 'patreon' or similar someone who makes an accurate version of this track? This track is just too important. In addition, now that AC night taboo has been 'cracked' that opens up new horizons for endurance racing in AC.

Is there like a problem with making it without chicanes? It doesn't sound too too hard but I'm no track modder so I have no say in that. I'm eager to see some of the corners fixed though. :thumbsup:
I think Jim meant layout changes regarding remodeling the track for a more accurate layout.

He didn't refer to re-enabling the track layout without chicanes which was available in the last version of this track.

yes if more than 2 or 3 people request it....

I think Jim meant layout changes regarding remodeling the track for a more accurate layout.

He didn't refer to re-enabling the track layout without chicanes which was available in the last version of this track.
My understanding of what Jim said: he (and colleagues) would look at doing the no-chicane if enough people request it.
And I'd certainly vote for that.
As Dirk said, we have had both variants of the track in use this week for club races here. I already mentioned my concern about CPU usage, but maybe newish CPUs can still cope with this version. In my view, what we can't (and won't) do is to even contemplate having two versions of the track in active use for RD club races. So it would be great to have the most recent version equipped with a no-chicane layout (though it's not a showstopper I reckon). That's if I understood Jim correctly of course.

I am getting strange dithering of the trees, which does not happen on other tracks.
Does someone has the same issue. Tried all kind of settings and new drivers...

My understanding of what Jim said: he (and colleagues) would look at doing the no-chicane if enough people request it.
And I'd certainly vote for that.
As Dirk said, we have had both variants of the track in use this week for club races here. I already mentioned my concern about CPU usage, but maybe newish CPUs can still cope with this version. In my view, what we can't (and won't) do is to even contemplate having two versions of the track in active use for RD club races. So it would be great to have the most recent version equipped with a no-chicane layout (though it's not a showstopper I reckon). That's if I understood Jim correctly of course.

Hey Neil

All the above assumptions are pretty much spot i will add the no chicane version soon. And as many fixes or bugs that get found

Jim

I'm just grateful that I've got a version of an iconic track (several versions, actually) that simply would not exist in the Assetto Corsa ecosystem without the generous and selfless dedication of talented modders.

Would I prefer a laser scanned version of Le Mans? Of course - who wouldn't?
Does it ruin my enjoyment? Not one little bit.

Thank you modders, one and all. You continue to breathe life into a sim I love and I'm continuously amazed by the fruits of your labour.

For example there is scheduled a RD club race on the layout without chicanes with Group C cars later tonight.
The situation with updating a track and stripping a layout is making things worse as now people have to find ways to have several versions of the same track :-(

It would be very nice if you could add the no chicane version back in.

Regarding the whole re-conversion over conversion over conversion, quality, accuracy discussion going on …
Sim racers are all about accuracy and realistic tracks the issue though is that when one of the most iconic race tracks - an absolute must have track really - is just not available in any other way but a re-converted track that started life many years ago then this track is all we have.

No arguing about it's inaccuracies is improving it really.

I really respect the effort people put into "putting lip stick on a pig" as it is work to improve the track we currently have.
I also very much respect and like constructive criticism and a helping hand lend by some of the known master track makers.
I get how - by today's standards - a shoddy, technically subpar track is really upsetting some of the highly skilled track makers (I too get really upset when I see shoddy workmanship or an unprofessional job regarding my work life - when I see sloppy CAD design or shortcuts taken on an engineering design it really upsets me).
I do not think though that attitude - any which way - helps the people who are involved in sim racing.

People can make their judgements on performance. People know that tracks made some of the most gifted track makers are simply amazing, in some cases even supersede standards of tracks built by the makers of a sim and people recognize these track makers with having a high standard.

People also recognize track makers who cut corners or are known for lesser quality work.

It helps no-one to call each other out. It just comes across as condescending I am afraid.

As long as we have no accurate scratch built Circuit de la Sarthe this is the one we have got and any effort to improve it is highly welcome I am absolutely sure about that.

Thankyou for writing this reply. You understood the motivations to do it pretty much spot on...i'm pretty sure its the same situation in the Rfactor2 world (though i may be wrong)

the accurate CAD modelling side is its own discipline in itself that i just cant personally invest the time in...but if perhaps somebody who is inclined but doesn't want to touch say texturing of asset modelling...why not team up....pool our skills together....

Last edited:
That is as close as I ever got in regards of taking on a modeling project of gargantuan proportions a couple years back as my first and only modeling project - I simply do not have the time at all to take on the immense learning and doing process of modeling. Those three screenshots show pretty much the start and the premature end of the project after 2 weeks.
It was two weeks of learning and understanding how incredibly super-human skills and resilience real modders have.

This little lesson really made me understand to appreciate what the really talented modders actually accomplish and gave me very quickly a perspective of some of the work involved.

I can only say: thank you modders, what you do is awesome and I have the utmost respect for anyone who is seeing a modding project through AND then is exposed oftentimes to the unfortunate situation of sometimes uninformed critics who have never actually tried their hand at it not to speak of accomplishing to release a mod.

@jim lloyd I wish you can partner with someone who has the right attitude to help to improve the Le Mans track further. It is an important race track and what work you do to the best of your abilities is surely appreciated ;-)

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/classic-porsche-911-project.17565/

image.png image.png image.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea