Circuit 24H Lemans

Tracks Circuit 24H Lemans 3.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Good thing that you chimed in. Reminds me of a question I had and forgot about. I used to have an early version of gbw installed, but then I could not change the exposure values in game. Did I miss something, or has that changed ? There is quite some difference between tracks and cockpit views, which I can remedy with the exposure thing. Changing brightness on my triples each time is too much of a hassle...

Edit, I re-installed gbw and as I feared, the exposure multiplier does not work when using it.

Edit 2: lost the headlights too, even using other night mods...

Same problem as yours, Fanapryde ;)
In fact, I just had free time yesterday to test all new version of Le Mans, new gbw_suite .... and I also noticed problems with headlights not present.

Maybe it's just the order of installs of reshade for gbw_suite and headlights.
When I install the headlights reshade after the gbw reshade, headlights are working but not if I do the contrary.

Just downloaded the most recent version today (can't keep up with the constant updates, downloading a 300mb+ mod every few days isn't super appealing to me).

Whilst I realise there is gonna be no improvements to the mesh, I was hoping being a cosmetic /visual improvement that the aesthetics of the pit area would be much improved - its all looking totally flat for me - the pit building concrete could do with some AO for sure.

Here is what I'm talking about, in the shadow the grey concrete is all super flat. Compare that with these pits in the same shadow, which have much more depth and look a lot more realistic.

f3ZXJXu.jpg

xB3o1YP.jpg

Hey Gary

i see your point....but its meant to look like the lights are on in the garage...its lemans after all....seems they would be on 24-7

the reason why there is no AO is my poor attempt at replicating the ambient light from the overhead fixtures (edit) and surrounding lights...the ambient values are probably set slightly to high for most of the pit area a bit more pop at night...as you know there is no way yet of doing this with light emitting objects

the whole thing needs balancing and perhaps add these elements to the lights on or off Kn5s

just gonna let the whole night thing settle for now...then i will tweak ..right now its a balance

but thanks for the comment

Last edited:
Hey Gary

i see your point....but its meant to look like the lights are on in the garage...its lemans after all....seems they would be on 24-7

the reason why there is no AO is my poor attempt at replicating the ambient light from the overhead fixtures...as you know there is no way yet of doing this with light emitting objects

but thanks for the comment
Personally I'd bake the AO still but shorten the distance value so its less dark and more focused on the corners. The fact is even with the garage lights on and it being a cloudy day, there is still a lot of ambient shadows in the garages

BEIIaKjh.jpg

Can see compared to outside the interior of the garages even with lights are significantly darker, with good depth on the concrete pillars between garages coming from the top.

vRjgf46h.jpg

Personally I'd bake the AO still but shorten the distance value so its less dark and more focused on the corners. The fact is even with the garage lights on and it being a cloudy day, there is still a lot of ambient shadows in the garages

BEIIaKjh.jpg

Can see compared to outside the interior of the garages even with lights are significantly darker, with good depth on the concrete pillars between garages coming from the top.

vRjgf46h.jpg

there are quite a few things i still want to do to both the day and night version

but like you said about the constant updates, i'm not going to update again now for a while

Same problem as yours, Fanapryde ;)
In fact, I just had free time yesterday to test all new version of Le Mans, new gbw_suite .... and I also noticed problems with headlights not present.
Well, I got headlights working again (after deleting gbw though). :D
But now I wonder what is missing on my system to get the view in the OP night pictures. Even using dark night the buildings are too dark ?

Well, I got headlights working again (after deleting gbw though). :D
But now I wonder what is missing on my system to get the view in the OP night pictures. Even using dark night the buildings are too dark ?

Hey Buddy...

just for a experiment...run at night with no PP on....i know if will be over bright....but could be something to do with exposure.....my screens are calibrated (but the caveat being this is mainly for correct colour space and matching pantone shades...so my exposure could be screwing things i'm doing from my end

just a thought

I ran the original track back-to-back with this one in identical grid/day weather conditions and have to agree with others that performance takes a significant hit in a few sections of this new version. I much prefer the visuals of this one (and the more sensible track penalties) but I'm not sure the trade-off is currently worth it. If the old track had the new track penalties then I think that would keep me happy until this new version is better optimised. Is there perhaps a simple way to transfer the penalty system over to the old track?

Hey Buddy...

just for a experiment...run at night with no PP on....i know if will be over bright....but could be something to do with exposure.....my screens are calibrated (but the caveat being this is mainly for correct colour space and matching pantone shades...so my exposure could be screwing things i'm doing from my end

just a thought

Thanks for thinking along.
Tried black night, 12:00, no pp and this is what I get.
Maybe still not ideal, but looks better than the previous combinations imo...

dark_night_no_pp.png

bn_no_pp.png

Hehe..ok dont drive there....why are you driving through the hole in the barriers:)

to be fair that hole was probably there in all versions...ill look to add in some invisible barriers for those that feel they need to escape the confines
I locked up and thought I could turn the car around on the grass, turns out there wasnt anything to drive on

Yeah, the pit buildings are way too dark, as is the ferris wheel
Le_Mans_Pits_at_Night.jpg
thats a HDR photo, can't compare that to reality
--------
overall, wouldn't it make sense to open up a group and start this track from scratch/from LIDAR, using all the great assets you @jim lloyd and Tiago and whoever else was involved created over the years? Is there even lidar available for that region of France?

I try to configure the weather.ini and color.ini to dispense the sun but there are too much unknown parameters. Anybody out there who has an manual how to tweak those ini-files inside the weather folder? You also know how to adjust the headlight brightness via ppfilter

With gbwSuite 2.2 there is a possibility to tune the night ambient light by yourself.
In the ColorCurves.lua of "clear", "few clouds" and "broken clouds" there is a block at the beginning: (just add a "lemans_2017" string)

if string.find(g_trackID, "tajo") == 1 or
string.find(g_trackID, "feldberg") == 1 then ta_dark_patch = 0.7
elseif string.find(g_trackID, "aspertsham") == 1 then ta_dark_patch = 1.3
elseif string.find(g_trackID, "ks_nordschleife") == 1 then ta_dark_patch = 0.76
elseif string.find(g_trackID, "ks_barcelona") == 1 then ta_dark_patch = 0.94
elseif string.find(g_trackID, "lemans_2017") == 1 then ta_dark_patch = 0.5
end;

ta_dark_patch = 0.5 -> this value regulates the ambient light in the night. The more bigger it is, the darker it gets. dark-> 2.0...1.0...0...-1.0...-2.0<-bright

ta_dark_patch = -1.0
dLGSMiE.jpg

ta_dark_patch = 0.5
ZiWR6ZV.jpg

Let me know the values. I could integrate it for the next version...

Lemans.jpg

The LE MANS sign at the last chicane lights up properly with the Car Headlights so whatever Material properties its is using is the way to go for the other white lines to show up correctly i think.

Question: are the chicane and no-chicane versions the same (apart from the chicane obviously)? For example the no-chicane version does not have the heli-cam. Other things missing in the no-chicane version? Thanks.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.