Cesana Sestriere Historic Hillclimb

Tracks Cesana Sestriere Historic Hillclimb 0.6.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
vibbuz submitted a new resource:

Cesana Sestriere Historic Hillclimb - Italian historic hillclimb

Cesana Sestriere Historic Hillclimb

** Link to part 2 belows description **​

Hello everyone, this is my first public track.
This is a very early release, I have lots to do and will keep working as hard as I can.
The track is an historical uphill race near Torino linking up Cesana to Sestriere, home of the winter olympic games back in 2006, a very fast unforgiving 10km road. Hope...

Read more about this resource...

Seems like a nice recreation even in this early stage but there's definitely some issues for me. Loading takes very long (well, the track is 1.12GB in size), there's constant stutter even though DIPS is fine, and in practice mode you spawn facing an invisible wall towards an unfinished bit of the level.

thank you for your replys and ratings! I have problems with terrain mask and googlemap.png, if I scale them I'm not anymore able to reapply them correctly again. I should scale and split googlemap.png and I should be losing more than half terrain file size, resulting in a big performance boost.
About cameras, I never even looked how to set them up yet, since I'm still working on other stuff.. If anybody wanna do a first set is welcome to do it, otherwise I should get to that part by the end of the month/early september.

Edit: solved googlemap.png problems, uploading new version with smaller file, thank you for pointing that out

Last edited:
Shouldn't even be a png. Never use png textures ever. There is a reason png textures show up red in the editor.

now is a dds, I forgot to say that!
LilSki if you will just try my track I'd be grateful, you're like the messiah for track modder, I can't say how many problems I solved or hints I got by reading your posts over the net.

Ciao, complimenti per l'ottimo lavoro, anch'io vorrei realizzare un tracciato hillclimb di una nota manifestazione qui in Sardegna. Vorrei sapere che tipo di software hai utilizzato per creare Cesana. Ho provato ad utilizzare Racetrackbuilder ma ottengo in continuazione l'errore 403 nel momento in cui apro l'interfaccia di google maps...

Hi @vibbuz If you don't have MIP MAPS on your dds textures... Assetto creates them while loading.... hence very long loading times while it does this.
4 - 6 Mips is usually good for trees... any large textures... maybe just use 1 mip.
Another reason for long loading times is the length (and edge resolution) of AI lines.

MIPS also helps keep textures sharper over distance.

I hope this helps a little :)

Hi @Phoenix77 , thank you for the reply. I'll go through my textures again but every single one should already have mips. Gimp by default adds 10 mips, could it be the opposite problem, too many mips to load? I'll be working again on the track from tomorrow, I'll start by checking textures then :)

Hi @Phoenix77 , thank you for the reply. I'll go through my textures again but every single one should already have mips. Gimp by default adds 10 mips, could it be the opposite problem, too many mips to load? I'll be working again on the track from tomorrow, I'll start by checking textures then :)
Hey, no worries... yeah 10 Mips on some of the bigger textures might be a little high... especially if you have any really large textures for terrain diffuse. And if there is even one png or jpg that can really mess things up... You can also quickly test if it's the AI line that adds massively to load time... by temporarily renaming / deleting it... and try a practice session. Not much you can do about a large AI file... apart from trim back the resolution of the track edges.

LmEPL5R.jpg

DNsLX1T.jpg

what a journey it is, great work ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back