Cayman GT4 Heading to iRacing

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing Cayman GT4 Announcement.jpg

iRacing have confirmed the small but perfectly formed Porsche Cayman GT4 will be heading to the simulation in the near future.

Speaking at the recent Frankfurt Motorshow, iRacing Executive Vice President Steve Myers has confirmed that the lovely Porsche Cayman GT4 is in development for the iRacing simulation, and is estimated to be made available this winter.

Unfortunately, Myers didn't go into great detail about the agreement to bring the GT4 spec Cayman to the online racing title, so expect more news and previews to following in the coming months..

Stay up to date with the latest news, check out the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

The reason I don't like iRacing is because I have to pay monthly to get in AND I also have to pay more on top of that for the content

Furthermore they tie in access to the forums under their monetization. I did more skinning than racing in that sim. And now I can't even do that because I won't pay the "Bridge Troll" a tax, yes it is a tax not a subscription.

This is the only game that I know of that charges you for the right to speak. At least Trading Paints is a yearly sub of $22 dollars. While iRacing is $180/yr and that isn't even including the required tracks you have to buy if you want to do anything outside the Mazda Cup. And if you don't pay you don't get access for something you paid for on top of the sub? I wish I could sell my account...………..

If they are going offer 'free tracks and cars then the game access should be free for those assets along with the forums. Hell that might even grow their base.

Now I stand idlily by for the firehose hose of fanboy flames I'm about to get.

Furthermore they tie in access to the forums under their monetization. I did more skinning than racing in that sim. And now I can't even do that because I won't pay the "Bridge Troll" a tax, yes it is a tax not a subscription.

This is the only game that I know of that charges you for the right to speak. At least Trading Paints is a yearly sub of $22 dollars. While iRacing is $180/yr and that isn't even including the required tracks you have to buy if you want to do anything outside the Mazda Cup. And if you don't pay you don't get access for something you paid for on top of the sub? I wish I could sell my account...………..

If they are going offer 'free tracks and cars then the game access should be free for those assets along with the forums. Hell that might even grow their base.

Now I stand idlily by for the firehose hose of fanboy flames I'm about to get.
DonZmeuheu will dislike for sure

Actually I can tell from my time in iRacing that there actually is(was?) a rather serious and often also critical discussion about the different parts of the whole service.
Hehe the hilarious thing was that often when the most fanatic fanboys mandatorily intervened in the discussions their outpourings was so extreme overly pro-iRacing or "conservative" that not many of the more mainstream iRacers took notice.:roflmao::roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back