Cayman GT4 Heading to iRacing

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing Cayman GT4 Announcement.jpg

iRacing have confirmed the small but perfectly formed Porsche Cayman GT4 will be heading to the simulation in the near future.

Speaking at the recent Frankfurt Motorshow, iRacing Executive Vice President Steve Myers has confirmed that the lovely Porsche Cayman GT4 is in development for the iRacing simulation, and is estimated to be made available this winter.

Unfortunately, Myers didn't go into great detail about the agreement to bring the GT4 spec Cayman to the online racing title, so expect more news and previews to following in the coming months..

Stay up to date with the latest news, check out the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Someone said easy to drive. I don’t think the Audi TCR is easy. That car takes all my concentration when racing, maybe because it’s FWD. But it definitely isn’t easy (as in, anyone can drive it). Just look at week 1 in Laguna Seca.
Anyhow, to each its cup of tea. Looking forward to the Porsche!

Why I agree with this model? Because I can afford it and dpnt think about it. The Pricing Model is why the Online Races are so damn good because it keeps People out of it who only wanna play. I'm not a Fanboy at all but I have problems with People hating and bashin too much without enough understanding of Motorsports. But when you think I'm a Fanboy thats fine. Have a nice day

There are plenty of online shenanigans to be viewed on YouTube, that demonstrates otherwise?

Where you have an online presence, you will always encounter other players that do not have the same ethics, or standards you expect.

There are plenty of online shenanigans to be viewed on YouTube, that demonstrates otherwise?

Where you have an online presence, you will always encounter other players that do not have the same ethics, or standards you expect.

I agree on that but your point is also a Problem in Real life Racing;) I drive all kind of Motorsport simulations. AC, ACC, PC2, AUToMOBILISTA, RF2 AND Iracing. But sorry online Racing in IRacing is far the Best when you compare it with others and thats also because of this huge prices. I wouldnt watch this youtubers too much and try it for yourself. When you think they remodel their prices anyday then you can be sure they will go bankrupt because they should pay then all the money back to a few thousand of drivers and that wont happen;) I agree that its expensive but when you have a Problem with that try AC with SRS maybe that makes you happy and SRS is free but absolutely not on the same level than Iracing

why do you agree with this model? :O_o:
Because we see the added value within the iRacing service?

Think of it as a gym membership, or recreational sports league.

A frugal person can always say “Why do you need a gym membership? Just workout at home!” or “Get some friends together to play football, instead of paying to play with strangers!” These are valid points, from an economics perspective, and there are other sim options out there marketed DIRECTLY to those that are price conscious.

From my perspective, the iRacing service makes it very easy to participate in my favorite hobby, and I will pay extra for that.

@DonZmeuheu, given all the disagree's on anything not praising iRacing in this thread are from you, goes to show you're a fanboy.
Disagreeing to a comment, pertaining to having to pay to race on top of paying for content - why do you agree with this model? :O_o:

To me, it's not about agreeing or disagreeing with the model, it's about whether it makes sense; and to me, it makes sense. There are essentially two parts to the package, the simulator which would include the basic framework of the game/sim (the standard physics, the online environment, the match making, scoring, the interface, etc) and there is the content (tracks and cars). I like that they charge separately for them. If you are interested in lots of content, then you can buy it and support further development. If you aren't interested in content but just want to run around on free tracks and a MX5, you still need to fund the basic operation and continued development of the sim but you don't need to fund content that you don't care about. Another thing I like is that people actually generally do focus on a small number of cars and try to master them; rather than using all of the 112 cars that come included.

I prefer that model over one in which they release the product, possibly a few add on pieces of content after the interest has started to wane, and then start talking about a new version a few years later (with much duplicated content).

I'd like to know what do you see wrong with the model? I've seen people complain about that they think it's too expensive, which is a different issue than the actual model.

Keep in mind the other positive of their pricing model. It weeds out a lot of folks that aren't serious. Most people that won't take the time to properly learn a track won't invest in that model and that's a very good thing. It makes the user base much more focused.

Keep in mind the other positive of their pricing model. It weeds out a lot of folks that aren't serious.
I agree with that.
Because at least there is a higher chance of meeting people who take this virtual racing a bit more serious than what is common on most public servers.
Hehe but even inside iRacing you can meet "drivers" who just 5 min before an official race ask for a setup for the actual track.
Hehe and they often follow this by asking how much fuel is nessesary for the actual race.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

So iRacings price tag gives a higher chance for seriousness - but absolutely no garantee.:thumbsup:

Keep in mind the other positive of their pricing model. It weeds out a lot of folks that aren't serious. Most people that won't take the time to properly learn a track won't invest in that model and that's a very good thing. It makes the user base much more focused.
That's not about the pricing model, but the matchmaking. With this many splits in some series you can just sort out the junk by driving half decent and getting not into the low splits. The pricing and iRating is rather the reason why most series are dead especially all historic content.

And GT4 is much about racing against different cars with different strengths and weaknesses.
Agreed, same for the TCR car. I think iracing did a pretty good job with the Audi, but racing a TCR or a GT4 as a single make series just doesn't interest me. If its F3, that's fine its single make in real life, but what makes TCRs and GT4's interesting to me is the variation between different cars. Maybe iRacing will add more cars at some point, but that won't be any time soon.

To me, it's not about agreeing or disagreeing with the model, it's about whether it makes sense; and to me, it makes sense. There are essentially two parts to the package, the simulator which would include the basic framework of the game/sim (the standard physics, the online environment, the match making, scoring, the interface, etc) and there is the content (tracks and cars). I like that they charge separately for them. If you are interested in lots of content, then you can buy it and support further development. If you aren't interested in content but just want to run around on free tracks and a MX5, you still need to fund the basic operation and continued development of the sim but you don't need to fund content that you don't care about. Another thing I like is that people actually generally do focus on a small number of cars and try to master them; rather than using all of the 112 cars that come included.

I prefer that model over one in which they release the product, possibly a few add on pieces of content after the interest has started to wane, and then start talking about a new version a few years later (with much duplicated content).

I'd like to know what do you see wrong with the model? I've seen people complain about that they think it's too expensive, which is a different issue than the actual model.
Because you pay for content, that may not be flavor of the month, that ends up sat unused unless you like hot lapping.

It's the same as anything new, like the TCR in RRE, when they first deployed there were a lot of servers dedicated to their use. Now it's not very common

At least with other simulators you can always race offline with AI, anytime, any strength ect

Because you pay for content, that may not be flavor of the month, that ends up sat unused unless you like hot lapping.

It's the same as anything new, like the TCR in RRE, when they first deployed there were a lot of servers dedicated to their use. Now it's not very common

At least with other simulators you can always race offline with AI, anytime, any strength ect

Well I see a lot of people race the TCR cars in R3E;) Even on SRS you have a server with races for TCR 2019 models;) so I dont know where you have your infos from.

Someone said easy to drive. I don’t think the Audi TCR is easy. That car takes all my concentration when racing, maybe because it’s FWD. But it definitely isn’t easy (as in, anyone can drive it). Just look at week 1 in Laguna Seca.
Anyhow, to each its cup of tea. Looking forward to the Porsche!

Absolutely :thumbsup:. Driving on the edge is really challenging. The Audi is top notch I think from it s pure quality as a sim-model.

The source I quoted, today's 5pm race had 1 driver

The live stream right now is AssettoCorsa, not RRE that was my original point ;)

Oopps ok that was my fault.:) You can also join Jardier's Community;) he is a Youtuber who loves to drive the TCR's in R3E. I'm sure you will find a lot of lobbys when you search who drives the TCR cars in R3E. I took part in a TCR Race last friday and 20 Drivers where listed;)

Your complaint seems to be with the lack of AI, not that they charge separately for content.

And Iracing has less of a problem with empty online races than other sims, I think part of the credit goes to how they price their product.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back