AC Caterham Academy @ Nemuno Ziedas - Mon 01 Jun 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@HF2000 sorry Han for the tap. I hope you didn't leave because of me. I was passing on left and it seemed you moved left a couple of feet and we touched. It looked like you were letting me by on left.
I would have stopped for you but you left very quickly afterwards. :cry:

Oh no Han had a bad night. I did too. Seemed people were not always aware of cars on their left/right.
It's essential that those that don't have triple monitors or vr are using Helicorsa. Otherwise close racing is pretty much impossible.
Anytime I got going I ran into carnage in front.
But was awesome fun thanks Denis.

Loved the car and the track. I bought a new case for my pc which arrived today. So after tea at 6:30pm decided let's do it. at 7:40pm I was getting a bit of a sweat on, but just about made it! Started off doing 1:28's ended up knocking on the door of 1:25's. Had quite a few really exciting periods where there was 3 or 4 cars all battling. Look forward to more of it :)

Tonight was night number 2 of my sim racing career :roflmao: (Sounds corny)
And it went much better than it did last night. for race 1 anyway.
qualified p10, finished 7th.
race 2, false start:redface::poop:
Served the penalty, was dead last and had a constant blue flag when I came out, so resigned so I wasn’t in the way.
great fun tonight though, had some fun little tussles with a few drivers in the first race in the dying laps, No idea who though as I’m still trying to figure all this out.
thanks for organising tonight, great fun track with a relaxed feel to it:)

It was a fine evening of racing, thanks everyone. Tough competition though :thumbsup:
@Denis Betty when you said "next week" I immediately thought of Knutstorp Ring but for some reason I can't find it on RD, only a texture update and cameras. Weird, I could have sworn I downloaded it here...

Anyone who likes rollercoasters, check it out

Many thanks for organising everything.

I've been reluctant to use manual shifting in the first races (including this one), but I tried directly after the event today. I immediately knocked almost four seconds off my best time and managed to keep the car on track. This track has been a great training experience which I'll likely keep practising this week.
I'll take the training wheels off completely for the next race!

Thanks @Denis Betty for this one :thumbsup:
@Axel Moebius sorry for pushing you wide into the gravel. I was calling you out on teamspeak afterwards but didn't realise, that my mic wasn't plugged in the whole time :poop: :( Then somebody said "go on" or something and I did. Could not avoid going wide, I was already struggeling while going into the corner and I just had eyes for the car in front of me.

@HF2000 sorry Han for the tap. I hope you didn't leave because of me. I was passing on left and it seemed you moved left a couple of feet and we touched. It looked like you were letting me by on left.
I would have stopped for you but you left very quickly afterwards. :cry:
No problem at all George. I didn't leave because of that. I had a lot of fun but the worst ever in respect of result. I came too late to qualify so 26th for me. In lap 2 someone went off track and bounced back on track in front of me. I ended in the bushes and got transfered to the pits. Made it 14th but without the lap times I had this morning (26 low).
Second race I had a false start because the clutch didn't function (it did on the practice server). So drive through penalty but I hadn't got a clue where the pitlane was. Tried something on the right side (stupid of course) which costed me half a minute. In the next lap I tried it on the left side but did apparently something wrong because I got transported to the pits with 30s penalty. At that moment almost everyone had lapped me so I when I got blue flags it was not clear to me if the car was really faster. After being hit a couple of times while I thought I made space for overtake I had enough with still 3 minutes left.

I really, really hope we will do this again because I think most of you had a great time. So big thanks to @Denis Betty for organising this combo and also thanks for everyone for joining. Full grids are the best!

Last edited:
Many thanks for organising everything.

I've been reluctant to use manual shifting in the first races (including this one), but I tried directly after the event today. I immediately knocked almost four seconds off my best time and managed to keep the car on track. This track has been a great training experience which I'll likely keep practising this week.
I'll take the training wheels off completely for the next race!
Glad you enjoyed the racing. I usually schedule events with manual shift cars. Once you get the hang of it, it's an interesting challenge and a nice change from most modern racing. Keep racing and you will improve. :thumbsup:

It was great to have so many drivers for this evening's event. We would love to keep the numbers this high. Unfortunately, many of the best tracks only have room for 24 drivers, but if demand is high enough, it is possible to run 2 servers.... assuming we have 2 admins.

Thanks to everybody who raced this evening. Like I always say, without you guys, we don't have a race. I will wrack my brains for a suitable combo for next week. Maybe I'll try the RSR at Callabogie. Time will tell. ;)

No problem at all George. I didn't leave because of that. I had a lot of fun but the worst ever in respect of result. I came to late to qualify so 26th for me. In lap 2 someone went off track and bounced back on track in front of me. I ended in the bushes and got transfered to the pits. Made it 14th right but without the lap times I had this morning (26 low).
Second race I had a false start because the clutch didn't function (it did on the practice server). So drive through penalty but I hadn't got a clue where the pitlane was. Tried something on the right side (stupid of course) which costed me half a minute. In the next lap I tried it on the left side but did apparently something wrong because I got transported to the pits with 30s penalty. At that moment almost everyone had lapped me so I when I got blue flags it was not clear to me if the car was really faster. After being hit a couple of times while I thought I made space for overtake I had enough with still 3 minutes left.

I really, really hope we will do this again because I think most of you had a great time. So big thanks to @Denis Betty for organising this combo and also thanks for everyone for joining. Full grids are the best!

I jump started in sympathy with you Han, and I had the similar pit-lane confusion :redface:. I was also rather clumsily punted after the first hill adding to the bloody pain (not that it mattered at that stage, but nobody waited). I enjoyed our little skirmish in the last race, even if it was only for 20th place or so! We were definitely faster than those two battling in front of us. I've got to get on top of my sympathy mistakes and off-road excursions when letting guys through. I must say, I really enjoyed driving this car and track @Denis Betty , and I was actually hoping for more laps regardless of my race position.

I need to apologize for a couple of errors. In race one I tapped someone off on lap six, my bad. In race two I was in tight with Han and ended up pushing him off. While waiting to re-enter the race I mistakenly got back in to soon and caused a pile up :(.
This was very close racing and a good experience.
Thanks for hosting an putting up with slow pokes like me.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.