AC Caterham Academy @ Nemuno Ziedas - Mon 01 Jun 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Yes of course. Welcome to the club. Please could you be sure to read the Club Racing Rules - linked in the opening post. Look forward to seeing you on track. :)
I'm guessing that you have your real name displayed underneath your avatar, is that correct?
BR is my screen name. I will appear online (ts etc) with real name and screen name in brackets as requested by RD :)

BR is my screen name. I will appear online (ts etc) with real name and screen name in brackets as requested by RD :)
I'm afraid that you must also complete the Real Names field in Your Account >Account details - it's near the bottom. Your name will only be visible in event threads and only visible to Premium members. Sorry to ask this, but it is the rule. :thumbsup:

Did a few laps tonight. This combo is anything else but a milk run and that after Silverstone GT3 on Sunday:(. It's hard to keep the car on the track and when you're off you loose the car completely. And a warning to all drivers, if you go off on the inside of the track, there's a ditch from which you can't get out:confused:. Back to the pits with time penalty is then the only option:mad:.
Fortunately we're free from work in The Netherlands so I will have time to practise.

Will be very interesting with (almost) a full grid. And fun of course:).

Just to add up to what Han said, the best feature of the track is the penalty you may get if you run wide at the initial chicane. I did a quick race against the AI (don’t do that they’re terrible) and by mistake, I ran wide at the end of the final lap and I got disqualified for not serving the penalty. It was so fast that I didn’t even see the penalty message.

Also, I'm wondering if it would make sense to implement some sort of rolling start due to that chicane (just waiting the next corner would suffice). In the "real life" that chicane is not "fixed", but it's made of removable objects. To avoid a carnage, they remove the chicane for at the beginning of the race and they put the cones back before the end of the first lap.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I've never done a rolling start in AC. Perhaps we could have a red zone - no overtaking between a given mark and the exit of the chicane on Lap1? All of my regular guys would be good with that. Just need to get the agreement of every driver, so that we know we are all on the same page.

Hmmm, I've never done a rolling start in AC. Perhaps we could have a red zone - no overtaking between a given mark and the exit of the chicane on Lap1? All of my regular guys would be good with that. Just need to get the agreement of every driver, so that we know we are all on the same page.
I want to clarify that mine was thinking aloud, it’s very possible that we don’t need any of this and in that case I’m absolutely fine with it. Maybe it’s just my ‘public server’ experience which just doesn’t apply here. Regarding your proposal, the term ‘rolling start’ was probably wrong, I was thinking more what you just proposed.

We could try to start the race as the ending of the safety car in F1. Line up in a row and the leader decides when to go. It takes out the opportunity to gain places at the start but it would also avoid the regular collisions in the first turns.

We could try to start the race as the ending of the safety car in F1. Line up in a row and the leader decides when to go. It takes out the opportunity to gain places at the start but it would also avoid the regular collisions in the first turns.
Would be good as long as everyone is onboard with the plan. You only need one person not listening and theres a big pile up. The first time I practised here yesterday, i didnt even see the chicane. cutting across is quite painful.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.