AC Caterham Academy @ Nemuno Ziedas - Mon 01 Jun 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Glad you enjoyed the racing. I usually schedule events with manual shift cars. Once you get the hang of it, it's an interesting challenge and a nice change from most modern racing. Keep racing and you will improve. :thumbsup:
Regarding shifting in these traditional type of drivers cars and those with sequential shifters, what do most people use to change gear?... H-Pattern with clutch? Sequential shifter with clutch? Paddles with clutch (is that not very odd)? Do you use heel & toe?

I don't have a clutch or separate shifter yet, so I have been using the autoblip feature and auto clutch mostly (I didn't use the auto clutch feature in the mini, and it worked fine, so I'm assuming that AC does some trickery when using paddles anyway).

Regarding shifting in these traditional type of drivers cars and those with sequential shifters, what do most people use to change gear?... H-Pattern with clutch? Sequential shifter with clutch? Paddles with clutch (is that not very odd)? Do you use heel & toe?

I use H-Pattern with clutch, right foot braking when downshifting and heel & toe when necessary (ie when you use a lot of engine braking, you can make braking distances shorter by being more agressive on downshifts while using heel & toe). Some cars will spin without heel & toe 9 times out of 10. Also, with some cars you just kick the clutch for flat upshifts, with some you come off the throttle as well. I find clutch + H-pattern a nice challenge and the most enjoyable drive mode. Although when you go back to paddles and left foot braking on a formula car or GT car, it always feels amazingly easy and more accurate. There is a time gain in not doing all the extra coordination, but if you can work the clutch and learn to brake with both feet, it can also help with specific cars.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%