F1 2010 Catalunya - Spain (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I don't agree with your statement, sure practice makes perfect but only with the perfect means.
Even a worldclass F1 driver wont be worldchampion in a lousy car or with a ****ty setup.LOL
Ask Michael Shumacher.

i have to agree with you, the setup makes a lot of difference, and we could see this in 2010 championship, when some car decided to stop developing the car, during practice they concentrated mostly in the setups of the car for that track while some teams that introduced new parts, have to study the parts and Analise them which cost them a lot a setup time and we could see that the difference between them were not so big, and that is why Hulkenberg got pole in Brasil and Kubica and petrov could hold Hamilton and Alonso.

Nice set ups ... got me 1:23's and was easy after 20 minutes. I haven't been playing racing games since... Grand Prix Leyends .... got this game for my kid a week ago and now I HAVE TO PLAY almost every day :) ... I hope that F1 2011 would be a better product, after a couple of days you can see that there are many issues to be solve ... anyway, great set ups!!, thanks

I'm playing on PS3+G25 and I'm in my first season with BMW Sauber.
I play at professional level with no assists but Catalunya track is strange.

I'm competitive and even faster in the first sector but I lose 2 seconds in second and 1 second in third sector.
My best time with my settings was around 1:26:500.
They blitz me in corner 7 the most and there is nothing I can do. I turned on dynamic line and put AI at 'intermediate' but they are still much faster.

It's also weird that qualifying was in full rain and then I was faster then everybody by 2 seconds with wet tires and wet-quick-set-up. I put in about 1:28 and took pole. That is also the time I have in race with better set up and option tires using same technique.
Oh, and they 'ghost' through me in pit lane where I'm kept for 8-9s for no reason.

I've tried a few settings posted here but they didn't help.

Cheers.

I'm in career mode, season 1, with lotus... can only get to 1:26:7XX. I'm working on my own setup - but I'm going to try some of the ones on here later tonight.

The only assist I use is TC (medium) - cause I use a controller! and having the same problems as most others - I'm inconsistent around corner 7 (some times I do it perfect sometimes not). And the last corners are a slippery nightmare!

But check out Mark Webber's lap from this year: corners 14 and 15 seems like they are on ice!

Can only get low 1:26 with Force India with Controller.

Car just won't turn and I have to let off the gas losing precious time in the process.

Getting killed in Sector 2 as well. This race will be about damage control I presume.

here 1:21,730 in carrier mode, first season, toro rosso team, legend level with Kingston setup, but i think that is possible for me to go under 1:21.
i'm using thrustmaster rgt ffb clutch edition wheel.

byez

EDIT: yep, now 1:20,966

In TT mode (RBR Renault) with Brams setup I did 1.18.910,
but in carrer setup isn't working so well.

Same for me.. TT mode 1.18 with Red Bull, in Career with Red Bull 1.24... I Can't understand Why... the stability are completly different !!!
I Hate This Circuit!!! :)

It worked for me .... :)

Hello :cool:

The Kingstone's setup are good :)
I have been playing Catalunya track for 2 days and i can't get better than 01:28:xxx (tyre simulation=On)

Then i tried Kingstone setup and it worked for me :wink: (only you have to put tyre simulation OFF). Qualifying time was 1:24:692 so i reached 2nd position on starting grid:eek:. Race results= 10th.:ups: (fly away from track once :mad:)
But it's cool cause Clatalunya track eats my nervs :mad:, so i'm glad that i get rid off this track :):) Not to Monte Carlo ....

Details:
Played on custom mode, tyre simulation=off, abs=on, traction control=medium, Ai diffuculty level=Intermediate. Torro roso team 1'st season. Played on NF 340 Race Master Trust Wheel.

For those who giving up on Catalunya track == Don't give up, try Kingston's setup, and practice, practice, practice :tongue: Eventuly you get better :)

Have nice time all of you ...

Jure

HI all, it`s my first post.

I was reading all the pages and decide to try Kingstone setup, as everybody sad, probably is the better setup, i have a championship today and it`s seems reliable to make fast time.

tks

Jace11's setup was the best for me.. I "found" about half a second on the track in comparison to Kingston.
But nice work (both of you)

//small edit
Found out that the Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia setting also works here. For me better than Jace11's :D

Hello, guys.

I'm running for Lotus in a 7 year career and I just can't stay on this track. My best lap here was 1:29:785.
I've had a great season. I won the last race and I got 2nd on the one before that.
There must be a setup specifically designed for it. I ran on Time Trial with RBR and I got 1:24 with a default setup.
Can anyone gimme a help here?
Thanks in advance

Hey Jrmaxxx

Your lap time seems a bit slow, perhaps practice the track a bit in tt or single race and get better lines and braking markers.
In tt get under 1:20 then you more where you need to be to win. Id be glad to give you some tips if you need some.
So far my best in tt with Bram's setup in a ferrari is a 1:18.079. Brams setup works very well...only problem is in turn 5 (left hander) the tail comes out if you push the front too hard over the inside curb. Other than that its nice and planted in tt.

Hello, guys.

I'm running for Lotus in a 7 year career and I just can't stay on this track. My best lap here was 1:29:785.
I've had a great season. I won the last race and I got 2nd on the one before that.
There must be a setup specifically designed for it. I ran on Time Trial with RBR and I got 1:24 with a default setup.
Can anyone gimme a help here?
Thanks in advance

Thanks for the setup, 1:22.497 in Career mod with Red Bull - Xbox 360 Controller. I must improve in sector 2, I'm losing a second or second and a half. Tyre simulation on.

Hello to all! I'm new here, I want to tell a great TANK YOU! For this setup! I run with HRT and my time is 1:28.659 (free pratice)... (PS3)controller only... I need to learn a bit more about this nervous circuit!

hello all Here is my set-up
use this for a winner i have had pole and race win every round

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 4
Rear Wing Angle: 4
Braking
Balance: F 48% - R 52%
Pressure: high
Brake Size: standard (no other option)
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 40% - R 60%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 4