F1 2010 Catalunya - Spain (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
my setup for keyboard ;-) Catalunya DRY

Hello all this is my setup for playesr who has only keyboard because im waiting for my present on Christmas i have to play on keyboard only. :frown:

I achieved time 1:25:307 in Lotus and with full tracktion controll and abs but like I said I have to play only on keyboard on my PC.

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 4
Rear Wing Angle: 2
Braking
Balance: F 52% - R 48%
Pressure: high
Brake Size: standard (no other option)
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 80% - R 20%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 2
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 8
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 7
Rear Spring Stiffness: 8
Gearbox
Gear 1: 133 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 164 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 193 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 224 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 256 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 289 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 325 kph / xxx mph
Engine
Throttle map: fast
Fuel: -
Alignment
Camber front: -1.20
Camber rear: -3.00
Toe front: 0.09
Toe rear: 0.35

If someone check that setup just give an opinion about this setup.

Aero:
Front - 8
Rear - 7

Braking:
Balance 52 - 48
Pressure - Medium
Brake Size - Standard

Balance:
60 - 40
Front - 4
Rear - 10

Suspension:
Front - 3
Rear -3
Front - 4
Rear - 8

Gearbox:
83 MPH
102 MPH
120 MPH
139 MPH
159 MPH
180 MPH
202 MPH

Engine:
Standard
Fuel: N/A

Alignment:

Qualifying run in a Lotus on Season 2: 1:21.698

Hello all this is my setup for playesr who has only keyboard because im waiting for my present on Christmas i have to play on keyboard only. :frown:

I achieved time 1:25:307 in Lotus and with full tracktion controll and abs but like I said I have to play only on keyboard on my PC.

Aerodynamics
Rear Wing Angle: 2
Braking
Balance: F 52% - R 48%
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 80% - R 20%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 2
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 8
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 7
Rear Spring Stiffness: 8
Gearbox
Gear 1: 133 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 325 kph / xxx mph
Engine
Throttle map: fast
Alignment
Camber front: -1.20
Camber rear: -3.00
Toe front: 0.09

If someone check that setup just give an opinion about this setup.

1:21.142, half a second faster than my own setup. I run a wheel with TC FULL and ABS off.(Lotus in Career mode)

EDIT: Just ran a 1:20.713 with this setup.

I finally got trough this round and it was very frustrating.
I used the settings from the first post but it didn't help much. Car was under-stearing a lot. Best time in race was 1:27:5xx. I really don't know how you guys do it. I can see when time can be improved a little but by 10sec?! Impossible. (G25, BMW Sauber, first season)
At the end I turned AI from 'professional' to 'amateur' and turned on ABS and TC. Even then was hard work to keep them behind (started from poll thanks to rain) and I got first only because Button crashed in last corner.

Anyhow, on to the Monte Carlo.
Thank you everyone for setups and support.

Cheers.

i think game is bugged cause I play long weekend and full laps race and it's very strange that top drivers or even those who are in front of me they have very good times allmost like in qualifying round that something is wrong in my opinion

Hello guys I REALLY need help big time.

I know practice makes perfect so no snidy comments please.
Im a huge F1 fan and a keen gamer so have been looking forward to this game but at 31 years, a old a grown man I am close to tears with frustration. any tips would be greatley appriciated.

Hey Shark man,

at 31 you are still a whipper snapper to me, hey, I was born in the 1960's

Mark Webber and M Schu. are way older than you, keep on rocking, you will get there,

Joe

I've found the same difficulties as everyone else on this board-the only thing I have been able to do to remedy this is under difficulty settings turn tyre sim off for this race-yes you're obviously going to be quicker with peak tyre performance but it's the only way I've found. I like most people here have been beating the AI comfortably with tyre sim on for the first few races then as soon as you hit catalunya you're all of a sudden not competitive. Yes practice does help especially with this track but I really do think there's something more to this than it just being a fairly technical track. Call me a sore loser if you want but I tend to think I'm pretty quick on racing games (gamertag wackygt xbox live look me up on leaderboards)

Totally agree, playing on HARD so tyres are off anyway I've been thrashing the AI up until this race. Now I'll be lucky if I can secure a place in the top ten of the grid. One thing I will say is that the corners in this track are VERY precise and you MUST use the green parts of the track to straight line as many corners as possible. Currently I'm down into the 1.23s and I know I can go quicker but if this was any other track I'm sure I'd be at least 2 seconds ahead of the AI by now.

I bet the real F1 drivers hate this track too. ;)

catalunya.jpg

Ok so it seems that there is major problems on this track from everyone so I am gonna share my racing lines with everyone using the setup I posted earlier.
Now I'm going on the lines that this is a flying lap.
Coming down the home straight and about to enter turn 1, don't brake until you reach 50 yards remaining sign, only brake for about 1 full second then roll round the corner and accelerate as soon as you are round the corner. DON'T STOP accelerating through turns 2 and 3. Turn 4 is a bit trickier, Brake once you get under the Santander sign, again only break for 1 full second then accelerate according to how you go round the corner. Approaching turn 5 now and keep accelerating until you see the Allianz sign. Dont brake until after you get past the sign then roll round the corner and you should be at about 80-90MPH (I'm doing this in a lotus.) then going down the turn 6, this is a simple corner not needing to brake or let go of accelerate. Turn 7 is a pretty easy corner too, what I do is, brake once you reach the red and white siding (really don't know the name of it) only for about a second maybe not even that. then turn the corner. Power out of the corner 8, Corner 9 is easy if you approach it at the right angle, stay to the left hand side of the road when approaching, and turn once you feel the time is right, your right wheel should be on the green patch on the right hand side of the road, Most of the time you can turn this corner without having to slow down and you should definitely never have to break. Once round the corner full down to turn 10, which is very sharp. Dont slow down until you reach the 100 yards sign then full brakes on, turn the wheel as your breaking, don't over brake as you will go straight over the edge and the whole lap would be ruined. Turn 11 you don't need to break but on turn 12 you do need to slow down, maybe break but it depends on if you think you will over shoot it. Turn 13,14 and 15 are really hard. I struggle on these too. Turn 13 you need to brake only a small amount to get you round the corner, then power a little until you reach turn 14. Now I don't have the optimal line on 14 and 15 cos it sends me spinning so I made my own line here. Brake quite hard when you are almost at turn 14 then roll around the corner and VERY VERY gently put on the power going round turn 15. Once round Full power round turn 16 and over the line in at least no later than 1:23:8 I reach 1:22:4 is the fastest I have done but I average a 1:22:8. I leave the computer crying when I race them haha. If wanted I will make a video of me doing the course but the quality will be fairly poor as it will be using a camcorder/mobile phone.

Thanks for the walk through, it was too late for qualifying but it did help move me from 17th to finishing 6th :D

hi all i have been doing forza 3 r2 cars the setups for this game is much more important that it seems that Catalunya is a completely foreign track ?

first of i am older 58 than any one here i remember Hill winning the tittle not Graham but Phil
i am doing Williams career Xbox 360 wireless controller i have finished in the points two 4ths and 5th and a 6th

having a blast trying all these setups Thank you by the way that losing seventh gear is fantastic when in auto mode

my major problem is qualifying i am constantly in the 13 to 17 range in the race i am using the wing adjustment s to make critical passes as well as stragey in the race with tyres to compensate for lack of not having a wheel and using auto abs and traction

when you use braking in this game you are lost a and when using a trigger to brake its hard to adjust

so the racing line is very important
i raced sports cars Triumphs Spitfires as a young man in the 60's and 70s our team did very well here in California were were beating 1500" s with our 1200's and came 2nd three years in a row in our class

is there a setup you can use to apply more grip now i have not had any upgrades to my car as of yet is there some one who has completed the first Williams seasons and knows whats coming ?

Alex Rissoto

hello all Here is my set-up
use this for a winner i have had pole and race win every round

Aerodynamics
Rear Wing Angle: 4
Braking
Balance: F 48% - R 52%
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 40% - R 60%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 4
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 6
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 3
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 4
Rear Spring Stiffness: 4
Gearbox
Gear 1: 130 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 321 kph / xxx mph
Engine
Throttle map: standard
Alignment
Camber front: -1.10
Camber rear: -3.10
Toe front: 0.10

my time 1.16.939

if you need any other track set-ups let me know, its my speciality

Is that the quickest time for this track so far?

I've been reading that a Formula 1 car is normally set up with more braking power aimed towards the front obviously because everything fires forward under braking, yet this is 48% front and 52% rear?

Also smaller discs reach optimum heat quicker so surely better for online racing at least?

I haven't yet done time trial on any tracks but I may give your time a shot later ;)

Hi,

Just started my first season in career mode on f1 2010 on xbox 360. 7 year career, i am with lotus. Just completed spanish grand prix...nightmare. used one of the setups above, tried both, same result. couldn't do better that 1:27.00. I was getting battered by fellow rubbish cars on easy setting. anyone else with same problems??

hi i have a problem with this game...i am in my first season with Force India and the first two races were decent i managed to get a decent podium and quali lap..after this i installed the patch on my pc

but since then its been a nightmare to play this game....no setup or what measure i take seems to work....its getting so through Q1...its reallllly frustrating....no setup works for me....and i drive it pretty decently....is it coz of the patch it is all ruined?

I've been reading that a Formula 1 car is normally set up with more braking power aimed towards the front obviously because everything fires forward under braking, yet this is 48% front and 52% rear?

You're both right and wrong.

On corners after high speed straights, the sensors push more stopping power to the rear of the car. Because of the down force being applied to the front splitter of the car. As the car begins to slow it switches back to the front of the car.

My best with a PS3 gamepad in Career mode is 1:21.xx in the Mercedes. Yes I believe with a wheel and in TT mode a 1:16.xx lap is possible, but I wouldnt try. I always freak in TT mode when it starts giving me "invalidated next 1,000 laps, automatically go strait to hell"....

The AI drives much faster in this race than in qualifying, and I have done 5 years in career mode won this race 4 times of 5.... If you play with tire sim/fuel sim turned on there's a 60/40 your going to loose to one of the AI that started mid pack and therefore doesnt have to pit according to codemaster's rule #2.4510655. (e.g. Petrov one year started like 12th and pranced on by me when I stopped to pit. Got out of the pits 3 secs behind him only to watch him pick up his speed on worn tires to 1/sec per lap faster than he qualified at, lol who F-d up is that?)

Almost finished with the entire game so I can move on to GT5.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.