F1 2010 Catalunya - Spain (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
this track really makes me feel bad aboud myself, luckilly i'm not the only one out there
with a lot of luck i can beat my team mate with Virgin: 1:26.375 but it ends there.
I'm just gonna run this track and be done with it!
only disapointment is that Monaco is up next.. so that will be 2 no point races and bottom finishes for me in a row

In career mode this track seems crazy hard to get a good middle sector time. So far I've done 1st Practice and only managed to score close to your score, I think I had about a 1:26.8xx on prime tires. My middle sector is +1 second higher than even the slower AI's. I went out on the Options but they blew up in the pit lane coming out the garage. So hopefully in P2 I will work on figuring this track out.

I think my mistake is following the gears I saw Webber do on the onboard lap video on the F1 Official webpage. So I have been going down to 3rd gear on turn 4, I might be able to stay on gear 4 and then turn 5 instead of gear 2 I'll stay on gear 3. Then sometimes I hit the sand on turn 7 because Webber does turn 6 and 7 on gear 4 and cuts turn 7 big time which seems to mess me up where it doesn't for him seeing as how he got pole. Other than those 4 turns, Turn 8 flat out I find impossible, and if there is an AI car behind me, it hits me every time if I let up on the gas. So AI is doing that turn flat out.

Can't wait for the patch. Hope AI quits ramming my Lotus' gear box, they think its a big target or something.

Car
McLaren Time Trial
Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 5
Rear Wing Angle: 1
Braking
Balance: F 49% - R 51%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Small
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 80% - R 20%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 1
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 11
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 2
Front Spring Stiffness: 4
Rear Spring Stiffness: 7
Gearbox
Gear 1: 128 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 156 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 186 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 217 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 251 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 286 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 331 kph / xxx mph​
Engine
Throttle map: Standard (if you use cruise, increase gear ratios by 1 step higher on each, but I get slower times doing that).
Fuel: N/A
AlignmentCamber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -2.50
Toe front: 0.12
Toe rear:0.35

Didn't have much time to do many runs, but did a 1:20.361. Mostly I was trying to see what my setup was doing in TT to see if it worked on the McLaren since I just can't seem to shave a second off of my 2nd sector in Career with the Lotus which I need to do to qualify at least 15th. In Time Trial it felt like a sweet setup. But I made quite a few mistakes, so I'm sure this setup can shave another second or so off.

Oh dear lord TT is fast. I ran my lotus on quicksetup on the far right.
TT 1.21.371 without doing more than 5 laps. On the other hand, in career expert i think not sure might be just hard to :)
Anyways all aids are standard off. Except i did turn corner lines back on. Faster to learn the tracks and i can remember my brake points better.
But i ran a 1.25.9xx in quali after 3 hours of restarting that quali. That put me in 16th.
I noticed a huge difference in the car handling. In career it's massivly understeering in the fast corners. Even on high downforce setups.
I just can't keep up with the AI in those corners. That last chicane makes me spin out if i try to follow the ideal line without touching the throttle. I need to stay of the curbs completely and lose a lot of time that i didn't already have to spare. Can't seem to find if fuel sim is on or off anywhere inside settings.
any suggestions? I'm driving my new from last week g27(price drop to 249€). Boy that's something different from my ms precision racing wheel. Not doing great in my first season though :'(

I'm doing a 7 season career. On my first season. Had to restart it for the third time due to the save corruption bug :( Finally managed to get to Spain. I'm in the lotus just like many others. I have tried both sets of dry tyres. Can set a 1:26 on prime tyres i believe. Can just about make a 1:24 on options. Going into the fast corners i have to let off ever so slightly either half way round or just before then accellerate hard out of them. If i try going flat out i end up on the beach :( Just like everyone else i seem to be able to keep up in section 1, lose time in sector 2, and hold/lose time in sector 3 :/ Understeer in career mode on pretty much any set up seems to be rather common, even on other tracks, just a lot more noticeable in Spain. Even the difficulty settings aren't changing it. The only thing i have noticed that helps with understeer is upgrades, and adjusting the deadzone on the controllers ect.
The other thing i have noticed is watching a couple of people's lap times on youtube ect, They can some how manage to go round slow corners a lot faster and heavier on the throttle. If i put the throttle down to the amount other's do, i can guarantee i'll be dancing on the corners doing donuts, sometimes managing to collect the front wings of the A.I. Drivers'

Thoughts?

I got a 1:23.604 in Practice

This is basically RageGT's setup only with a different Gearbpx Ratio.

Car: Virgin, S1 career

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 4
Rear Wing Angle: 3

Braking
Balance: F 47% - R 53%
Brake Size: Not Available
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 60% - R 40%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 3
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 7
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 5
Rear Spring Stiffness: 6
Gearbox
Gear 1: 140 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 172 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 203 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 236 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 270 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 298 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 345 kph / xxx mph​
Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: 5 laps
Alignment

Camber front: -1.30
Camber rear: -3.30
Toe front: 0.13
Toe rear: 0.44

I ran a 1.25:174 in P1 with this setup on option tires, only changed front and rear wings to 7, and lowered gearbox by 2 notches.
HRT season 1 Legend all assists off except racing line

But i ran a 1.25.9xx in quali after 3 hours of restarting that quali. That put me in 16th.

1:25.9xx was 16th in Qualifying (lucky you)? I managed a 1:25.8xx and I was still only 20th on the grid. Managed to get 16th place finish though. But I couldn't keep up with anyone. Plus I think there was an accident, cause Webber and Kobayashi were DNF's around the time a yellow flag was reported in sector two.

I didn't have issues with finding oversteer. I just found that no matter what I did, I couldn't get through the middle sector fast enough. I think its turns 7 and 8 is where people seem to go through faster than me. If your trying to get more downforce for turning... don't adjust rear wing, it makes the car understeer. I think my setup was like Front Wing 9 and Rear Wing 4 or 5. It was just enough to do flat out around turn 3 if I started the turn properly. Turn 9 I could not do flat out, I have to let go slightly at the apex for a split second.

The top driver npcs on this track have fastest lap times during the race in the 1:19's and that's with 1/2 fuel loads... Lap Record: 1:21.670 - K Raikkonen (2008). So I'm thinking AI is doing impossible things on this track. With half fuel load they should probably be doing 2 seconds slower than KR's time. Hopefully this is one of the fixes on the patch.

Williams (career 1st season)
How did you manage to get Williams on first season?

@RageGT
Your setup works for me. KB user too. Thanks.
When you are at the career screen, before going to the track, if you click on the "custom" settings of the track, at the bottom, you can choose AI behavior, just a few options up there's the tire and fuel options too. You can change that for every season, provided that at the end of any season you go back to paddock instead of "continue".

Time: 1.18.6xx
:tongue:
Car
McLaren Time Trial
Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 4
Rear Wing Angle: 1
Braking
Balance: F 52% - R 48%
Brake Size: Small
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 60% - R 40%
Front Anti-roll Bar:4
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 5​
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 3
Rear Ride Height: 4
Rear Spring Stiffness: 5
Gearbox
Gear 1: 130 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 160 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 190 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 222 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 256 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 292 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 335 kph / xxx mph​
Engine​
Throttle map: Standard
Fuel: N/A

Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.50
Toe front: 0.15
Toe rear: 0.50

I'm using this and it was the first setup I could beat Bruno. Don't ask me if it is a good setup or not I'm sure there are much betters.

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 3
Rear Wing Angle: 4
Braking
Balance: F 49% - R 51%
Pressure: high
Brake Size: standard (no other option)
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 40% - R 60%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 4
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 5
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 3
Rear Ride Height: 3
Rear Spring Stiffness: 5
Gearbox
Gear 1: 130 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 160 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 190 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 222 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 256 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 292 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 331 kph / xxx mph​
Engine
Throttle map: soft
Fuel: -
Alignment
Camber front: 1.20
Camber rear: 3.20
Toe front: 0.11
Toe rear: 0.38

I ran this set up with a few minor tweeks and ran a 122.280 great stuff. Thanks a mill m8 much appreciated.

I have a setup that I use on pretty much every track and it works beautifully on Catalunya.
Add me on XBL: iRwaggy
Tell me how you found me otherwise I won't accept. (Friends list is getting full)
It goes like this:

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 7
Rear Wing Angle: 6

Braking
Balance: Front 52% - Rear 48%

Balance
Ballast Distribution: Front 40% Rear 60%
Front Anti Roll Bar: 7
Rear Anti Roll Bar: 6

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 7
Rear Spring Stiffness: 6

Gearbox
Gear 1: 82 MPH
Gear 2: 102 MPH
Gear 3: 121 MPH
Gear 4: 142 MPH
Gear 5: 162 MPH
Gear 6: 183 MPH
Gear 7: 208 MPH

Engine
Throttle Map: Standard

Alignment
Camber Front: -1.10
Camber Rear: -2.90
Toe Front: 0.09
Toe Rear: 0.38

I use this setup and make lap times of average 1:22:08

i am using kingstons setup and i fiddled with the gearing and found that increasing the acceleration did improve the lap-time a little but in the lotus i still cant touch any of the main cars, there are only a few tracks that catch me out and this is one of them. i dont seem to be making any errors on my lap but still i cant get near the 1:24 it expects. my best is 1:25.678

I'm driving a lotus and I'm hitting 1:22:.853. If you are playing this on the xbox I will show you if you want? Feel free to add me: iRwaggy

this track seems like a thorn in a lot of peoples side, me too.
ps3
career
lotus
100pts so far
tried a few set ups from here, spent hours practising and cant do anything better than 2.3s slower than the fastest time set in session. im always fastest in the first sector easy but its the second sector where i always drop at least two seconds.
corners 4,5,7 and 8 are the ones i just can not get right . then corners 13,14 and 15 are the final nails in my coffin.

agree with alcio85 and just run out that track.

catalunya.jpg

Ok so it seems that there is major problems on this track from everyone so I am gonna share my racing lines with everyone using the setup I posted earlier.
Now I'm going on the lines that this is a flying lap.
Coming down the home straight and about to enter turn 1, don't brake until you reach 50 yards remaining sign, only brake for about 1 full second then roll round the corner and accelerate as soon as you are round the corner. DON'T STOP accelerating through turns 2 and 3. Turn 4 is a bit trickier, Brake once you get under the Santander sign, again only break for 1 full second then accelerate according to how you go round the corner. Approaching turn 5 now and keep accelerating until you see the Allianz sign. Dont brake until after you get past the sign then roll round the corner and you should be at about 80-90MPH (I'm doing this in a lotus.) then going down the turn 6, this is a simple corner not needing to brake or let go of accelerate. Turn 7 is a pretty easy corner too, what I do is, brake once you reach the red and white siding (really don't know the name of it) only for about a second maybe not even that. then turn the corner. Power out of the corner 8, Corner 9 is easy if you approach it at the right angle, stay to the left hand side of the road when approaching, and turn once you feel the time is right, your right wheel should be on the green patch on the right hand side of the road, Most of the time you can turn this corner without having to slow down and you should definitely never have to break. Once round the corner full down to turn 10, which is very sharp. Dont slow down until you reach the 100 yards sign then full brakes on, turn the wheel as your breaking, don't over brake as you will go straight over the edge and the whole lap would be ruined. Turn 11 you don't need to break but on turn 12 you do need to slow down, maybe break but it depends on if you think you will over shoot it. Turn 13,14 and 15 are really hard. I struggle on these too. Turn 13 you need to brake only a small amount to get you round the corner, then power a little until you reach turn 14. Now I don't have the optimal line on 14 and 15 cos it sends me spinning so I made my own line here. Brake quite hard when you are almost at turn 14 then roll around the corner and VERY VERY gently put on the power going round turn 15. Once round Full power round turn 16 and over the line in at least no later than 1:23:8 I reach 1:22:4 is the fastest I have done but I average a 1:22:8. I leave the computer crying when I race them haha. If wanted I will make a video of me doing the course but the quality will be fairly poor as it will be using a camcorder/mobile phone.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.