F1 2010 Catalunya - Spain (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
250px-Catalunya.svg.png

I'm using this and it was the first setup I could beat Bruno. Don't ask me if it is a good setup or not I'm sure there are much betters.

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 3
Rear Wing Angle: 4
Braking
Balance: F 49% - R 51%
Pressure: high
Brake Size: standard (no other option)
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 40% - R 60%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 4
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 5
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 3
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 5
Rear Spring Stiffness: 5
Gearbox
Gear 1: 130 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 160 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 190 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 222 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 256 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 292 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 331 kph / xxx mph​
Engine
Throttle map: soft
Fuel: -
Alignment
Camber front: 1.20
Camber rear: 3.20
Toe front: 0.11
Toe rear: 0.38

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 3
Rear Wing Angle: 1
Braking
Balance: F 49% - R 51%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Small
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 50% - R 50%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 11
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 11
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 8
Rear Spring Stiffness: 9
Gearbox
Gear 1: 136 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 167 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 197 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 228 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 261 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 295 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 331 kph / xxx mph​
Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: Fixed
Alignment
Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.50
Toe front: 0.15
Toe rear: 0.50
Tested with McLaren: 1.18 low / 1:17 high possible i think

Hi,
I am using Kingstons setting. Its perfect, because I am able to beat my time for almost 2 seconds, but still it is only 1:26:7XX :-( Ive got medium difficulty + settings for real behaviour and VR team. Ive ran quallification for almost 10 hours but never was better than 1:26. The pole position is for 1:24 sec.
In other races I am usually at 1-5 position, but only this track is cursed for me, even I know it like my shoes and I am getting maximum power from car as well.

Can someone tell me how its possible ?
I know that I am loosing a lot of time in second sector... May be someone can post his racing in this track on youtube. That could help to find out where is the problem.

Thanks

• arnout

Does anyone know the wet optimum settings for this lap ? I keep spinning in the downwards left corner (corner 5 I believe ) Practice Qualifiying were in dry conditions, but the race is in the wet. Driving with lotus, full wets.

• Richard van Zijtveld

Does anyone know the wet optimum settings for this lap ? I keep spinning in the downwards left corner (corner 5 I believe ) Practice Qualifiying were in dry conditions, but the race is in the wet. Driving with lotus, full wets.

This setup for dry weather I wouldn't use for wet races! U best can take a default. I used the one with highest wing. But ur will be slow on straight end

I guess you're losing time in the corner (after 40th secs) which you can pass with full gas pedal if you get the right approach angle. I uploaded a quick video of the whole track. I'm using a wheel but i couldnt really use it well as you can see :) but it is 1.22.x anyway. correct the mistakes and you are below 1.20.x

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xezs6w_f1-2010-catalunya_videogames

wow i realized i dropped the video quality way too much but anyway it will help

Hi,
I am using Kingstons setting. Its perfect, because I am able to beat my time for almost 2 seconds, but still it is only 1:26:7XX :-( Ive got medium difficulty + settings for real behaviour and VR team. Ive ran quallification for almost 10 hours but never was better than 1:26. The pole position is for 1:24 sec.
In other races I am usually at 1-5 position, but only this track is cursed for me, even I know it like my shoes and I am getting maximum power from car as well.

Can someone tell me how its possible ?
I know that I am loosing a lot of time in second sector... May be someone can post his racing in this track on youtube. That could help to find out where is the problem.

Thanks

• rpmadeira

Catalunya track setup

I'm running at the intermediate level and would like a setup for my MacLaren at catalunya track.
I think intermediate level is enough for my skill level.
The shortest time recorded by the CPU is in the range of 1.24,275.
I also would not want a setup that let me with a very long above the other runners, would neither be a little closer to reality.

Thanks

By the way, this is my first post.
:wink::wink:

• punk909

Some one have a setup for Lotus?because with both setup of this thread i do only 1:26:xxx :damnit:

• punk909

i do all 4 hours of practices but i never do better

(I'm the first in the championship)

• sharkbiscuit79

Hello guys I REALLY need help big time.
I am racing at Catalunya on my first season. I am in the Williams car and cannot get any faster than a 1.26. In practice im around 22nd. I am playing the game on my 360 with steering wheel. Hard difficulty Fuel and Tire wear is on. The A.I is lapping in the high 1.23 to mid 1.24's. Some people I work with claim they can do this track in the same car with the quick set-up second from highest and are lapping in the 1.24's. Is this possible??
My sector one times are some of the fastest but I seem to be loosing alot of time in the 2nd sector the most, yet the car feels like its on a knife edge.
I am a fairly competent gamer. I have completed Forza 1 and 2 with the wheel and ALL assists off ( I know the cars are very differant to F1 cars!! ) and I am familiar with the spanish track.
I know practice makes perfect so no snidy comments please.
Im a huge F1 fan and a keen gamer so have been looking forward to this game but at 31 years, a old a grown man I am close to tears with frustration. any tips would be greatley appriciated.

ok sharkbiscuit, first of all how are you in the Williams car in the FIRST season? Second of all, 1.26 is very good on Hard, most assists are off. With assists on it's easy to get 1.24's and below. And you can still adjust AI difficulty level (amateur-intermediate-professional-Legend). My time currently is 1.22.5 with a Lotus, on custom difficulty, abs and traction control on.

• Andrey1985

[ENG] This is BAD setup!
first season, Lotus Team, >1.25.800, 18 place
1 section - -0.100
2 section - +2.800
3 section - +0.700

[RUS] Это неудачные настройки
Первый сезон, команда Lotus, >1:25.800, 18 место
1 сектор - -0,100
2 сектор - +2,800
3 сектор - +0,700

• sharkbiscuit79

ok sharkbiscuit, first of all how are you in the Williams car in the FIRST season? Second of all, 1.26 is very good on Hard, most assists are off. With assists on it's easy to get 1.24's and below. And you can still adjust AI difficulty level (amateur-intermediate-professional-Legend). My time currently is 1.22.5 with a Lotus, on custom difficulty, abs and traction control on.

Im in the Williams car because it gave me the choice to pick that team when I started.
Im well aware there are difficulty settings but I thought this just lowered the AI lap times or does it make YOUR car go faster?? PLEASE ANSWER.
The only assist I have off is ABS.
Basically you have just said put the AI down to a lower difficulty.
I have not got an answer if its possible to do a 1.24 in the Williams. Or is this only possible once all upgrades have been put on??????????????
Whats custom about your setup you have said ABS and TCS is on but not what difficulty your set on.
I am asking if anyone has got any tips on how to take some of the corners in sector 2 as im loosing 1.6 seconds compared to the AI yet the rest of my lap sector times seem to be ok or at least enough to put me in the top 10 if I could get rid of the sector 2 problem. I have also got the side pod 10% downforce upgrade.

Bram Hengeveld; your setups eat tyres in normal races in just a few laps. Perhaps we should have threads for time trial/qualifying, and separate threads for actual races.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back