F1 2010 Catalunya - Spain (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Time trial gives me better times and I use it for practice. But if I go to career it will give me at least 4-5 seconds longer lap time. Can someone help please
In TT mode you are lapping in optimal conditions i.e fully rubbered-in track. This is why you are experiencing slower times between TT & Career.

I've yet to reach Barcelona in my career, but already I'm not looking forward to it!!

I'm with the others, this is the worst track I've encountered so far.
I've tried all the suggested set ups and I'm still way off the pace and get the message that I'm off the pace in sectors 2 & 3.
That last chicane is diabolical.

I'll admit that I'm not the worlds best gamer on driving games and I'm only using the controller, but having done pretty well so far in the carrer, you get to Spain and it all goes wrong.

I managed a 1:23.mid and only the 10% down-force upgrade. Lot's of down-force and throttle control around the fast corners is the key to this track e.g turn 3 & 8 enter in 5th and keep it around 235-240 kph coming out in 6th. Speed on the straight here is lost due to down-force but negligible if you are fast around the aero corner's ;) try it you might like it !

Weather
Dry

Tyres
Option

Car

Williams (career 1st season)

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 5
Rear Wing Angle: 6

Braking
Balance: F 48% - R 52%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: N/a

Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 50% - R 50%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 5
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 6

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 4
Rear Spring Stiffness: 5

Gearbox
Gear 1: 130 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 160 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 190 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 222 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 256 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 286 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 321 kph / xxx mph

Engine
Throttle map: Standard
Fuel: N/a

Alignment
Camber front: -1.30
Camber rear: -3.30
Toe front: 0.10
Toe rear: 0.35

Sincerely, Dave.

I had to revise my first setup and make it faster as 1:24.xx would not put me in the top ten with the Lotus, hard diff, new career, season 1, P3. (rained on P1&2 so no good there)

I got 1:23.420 in my best lap at P3 and that's 0.123 faster Seb's, which was the second faster but I must say, getting this "perfect" lap was the hardest thing I've done in this game, so far. Top teams are getting faster and harder to beat every race. (EDIT: Blergh! Improved to 1:23.403 on Q3 and lost the Pole to Hamilton by 0.103s... cheater!!!! =)

I really wish I had a wheel and pedals to drive this. Feel free to try it and let me know how you do with a wheel. The car feels great even with the keyboard for driving and the last chicane, just attack them exactly where the rubber line goes in. It requires millimetric precision, else you will spin. I'd recommend adjusting the braking values to your style. This suits my KB driving.

Car: Lotus, S1 career, Hard diff (Custom really as I must use ABS, Traction Control and Auto shift for my Keyboard driving)

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 4
Rear Wing Angle: 3

Braking
Balance: F 47% - R 53%
Brake Size: Not Available
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 60% - R 40%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 3
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 7
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 5
Rear Spring Stiffness: 6
Gearbox
Gear 1: 140 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 172 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 203 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 236 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 270 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 305 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 342 kph / xxx mph​
Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: 5 laps
Alignment

Toe front: 0.13
Toe rear: 0.44

PS.: Can someone explain to me how to check what's the AI level or how to change it? I looked for it in the manual and found nothing. I've set difficulty to Hard when restarted my Career mode and I can only switch a few assists on and off. Also, tyre sim. Where is it? Are they 3rd party mods or something? Are they only available at Expert diff.?

Hi RagrGT I mix You setup with My and i got 1:23:2?? in Q - is on pg 6
It looks wee have same driving stile.

My while is TSW Evolution Analog -good while but I cant setup sensitivity in this game.

I will test You setup
and let You know.

Seson1, Force India, Mid-um dif. dry, opt tire ,.

Cool!
But I still need to improve it though, if I want to have a chance to win the race. Aw well, it is a fraking Lotus after all and not one of their golden years. I really loved the Black JPS Lotus with which Fittipaldi won one of his titles! Colin Chapman was a magician. The Lotus of our days has just the name, not the magic!

@RageGT: Your setup seems to work fine with the HRT car. Thx for posting. :)

The car has become more stable in a couple of corners but I am still loosing a lot of time in turns 7 and 9. Using your setup helped me find some time in the third sector which helps but sector 2 is still killing me. Frustrating to be faster than the top drivers in the first sector by half a second just to loose it in the second sector (+1.7 secs!) and being unable to gain any momentum in the third sector to fight back.

Turn 7 I tried to go in at 180 km/h just like in the linked video (thx for that) but I always end up in the sand. Therefore I am driving the turn at 160 km/h flatout and the turn 9 at 230 km/h but again I need to drop speed to 200 km/h to stay out of trouble. Annoying but either I am just not hitting the right angle or I need to work on the setup.

The last chicane is quite ok if you manage to break at the point to hit the entry properly. Occasionally still the underbody of my car makes contact with the curbs and I end up in the sand. :(

I managed a 1:23.mid and only the 10% down-force upgrade. Lot's of down-force and throttle control around the fast corners is the key to this track e.g turn 3 & 8 enter in 5th and keep it around 235-240 kph coming out in 6th. Speed on the straight here is lost due to down-force but negligible if you are fast around the aero corner's ;) try it you might like it !

Weather
Dry

Tyres
Option

Car

Williams (career 1st season)

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 5
Rear Wing Angle: 6

Braking
Balance: F 48% - R 52%
Brake Size: N/a

Balance
Front Anti-roll Bar: 5
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 6

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 4
Rear Spring Stiffness: 5

Gearbox
Gear 1: 130 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 160 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 190 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 222 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 256 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 286 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 321 kph / xxx mph

Engine
Throttle map: Standard
Fuel: N/a

Alignment
Toe front: 0.10
Toe rear: 0.35

Sincerely, Dave.

1:22:966 good settings for me without assisted controls

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I got a 1:23.604 in Practice

This is basically RageGT's setup only with a different Gearbpx Ratio.

Car: Virgin, S1 career

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 4
Rear Wing Angle: 3

Braking
Balance: F 47% - R 53%
Brake Size: Not Available
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 60% - R 40%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 3
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 7
Suspension
Front Spring Stiffness: 5
Rear Spring Stiffness: 6
Gearbox
Gear 6: 298 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 345 kph / xxx mph​
Engine
Fuel: 5 laps
Alignment

Toe front: 0.13
Toe rear: 0.44

• Reefer

@Bram Hengeveld;

Awesome setup,

1.22.045 in Lotus season 11. and still rooom to improve... ;-)

this track seems like a thorn in a lot of peoples side, me too.
ps3
career
lotus
100pts so far
tried a few set ups from here, spent hours practising and cant do anything better than 2.3s slower than the fastest time set in session. im always fastest in the first sector easy but its the second sector where i always drop at least two seconds.
corners 4,5,7 and 8 are the ones i just can not get right . then corners 13,14 and 15 are the final nails in my coffin.

agree with alcio85 and just run out that track.

Heard that, 100points too, vr team on 360, this track a nightmare, 1:26 best so far wi prime tyre, them final few corners kill me more than anything, ready to scream with it, find Kingston setup best so far

i'm playing with an xbox 360 controller, and i can't go under 1'24"5xx with your set up, i'm on lotus, i think it's very hard to take the fast corners and manage the brakes when you're entering, i think in sector 2, every new cosworth engine car is having this trouble, and is a matter of luck to make good turns and stuff, your time is incredible, i'm playing with abs, normal traction, track line and automatic gears, but i can't go under that time, i've tried with a mercedes in a single championship race and i'm about 1'22"2xx, same style, a mercedes can accelerate while you're turning in a fast turn, and reaches 323 top in first sector, same conditions, difficulty, etc.
to change AI's difficulty, when you're about to enter to practice, in the trailer, it says what kind of difficulty you want to drive it, you enter in this menu,and go to the bottom, there it says tire realism, fuel condition, damages, and AI difficulty. good luck and thanks!!!!!

try my set up and see how it works cuz we both ran Virgin's. Bram is good but I could never get it to work on the VR car.

I couldn't get out of the 120's with Brams in time trial so I sacrificed some straight line speed for some extra downforce and got into the low 1'19s with this;

Car: Mclaren

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 6
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking
Balance: F 49% - R 51%
Brake Size: standard
Balance
Front Anti-roll Bar: 11
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 11
Suspension
Front Spring Stiffness: 9
Rear Spring Stiffness: 11
Gearbox
Gear 6: 298 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 345 kph / xxx mph
Engine

Alignment

Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.50
Toe front: 0.15
Toe rear: 0.50

i am using kingstons setup and i fiddled with the gearing and found that increasing the acceleration did improve the lap-time a little but in the lotus i still cant touch any of the main cars, there are only a few tracks that catch me out and this is one of them. i dont seem to be making any errors on my lap but still i cant get near the 1:24 it expects. my best is 1:25.678

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%