Resource icon

Cars CART Extreme 1.501

Login or Register an account to download this content
And I thought...

...would it be new version sometime soon so I can send you new (some edited some brand new) cameras ?
Or I'll publish them as independent mod. I prefer they are in the official mod, of course.
Jan 28, 2017

Author's Response You can publish, no update planned ;)

no updates are planned hmm... silly me. :sneaky:

I was hopping you are actually. :laugh:
Just kidding ofc, it's ok, neither did I publish my revisted onboard cams. I would like to pretend it's cause I'm a perfectionist but deep down I know it's cause I'm just lazy. :whistling:
Thank you for the latest version!

• Deleted member 130869

Can someone test online something?
Fittipaldi car from Newman Haas. Something weird on my side.

Any servers running this? I never see anything every single time I fire up the game I look for it. What should we be in the lookout for, textures or transparency?

I loaded v1.3 on a server and I mismatch with the Andretti cars no matter what. Hearn is OK in the Swift garage and all other chassis seem OK as well.

@Gui Cramer, most leagues wouldn't run this mod as it is a Historical Edition mod so the cars are not equal. I requested it be made a League Edition before release so we could use it online but Renato preferred the historical accuracy. It is what it is. :)

• Deleted member 130869

I understand that, Dann. However it can be done and quite successfully especially given the selection of cars in this mod. Even a Penske can win under the right hands.

Ohh yeah sure, anyone can win on any given day. I'm just saying in online racing people usually want an equal playing field - like all of the Reiza cars in AMS. I have been sim racing online since 1996 and we have very rarely used an HE mod in a league.

I loaded v1.3 on a server and I mismatch with the Andretti cars no matter what. Hearn is OK in the Swift garage and all other chassis seem OK as well.

@Gui Cramer, most leagues wouldn't run this mod as it is a Historical Edition mod so the cars are not equal. I requested it be made a League Edition before release so we could use it online but Renato preferred the historical accuracy. It is what it is. :)
Thanks Dann. We need to understand why now ;)

• Deleted member 130869

Hey Patrick, any chance that some issues with blue flag behavior and AI passing can be addressed through the talent files? I just had this again at Road America. The PacWest came out of the pits (hitting me) and moved over when two cars, the Penske and Newman-Haas were starting their hotlaps. The Penske collided but continued, the Newman-Haas got stuck following as the PacWest moved over and slowed down to let it by.

20170630133628_1 copy.JPG 20170630133642_1 copy.JPG

This is one of those eternal mods that remain brilliant to drive for years and years. Thanks for the update!

In case you ever patch it again, I noticed the srs shows two different QualifyDurations & QualifyLaps.
Practice3Day = Saturday
Practice3Start = 11:00
Practice3Duration = 60
QualifyDay = Saturday
QualifyStart = 14:00
QualifyDuration = 60
QualifyLaps = 20

WarmupDay = Sunday
WarmupStart = 9:00
WarmupDuration = 30
RaceDay = Sunday
RaceStart = 14:00
RaceLaps = 70
RaceTime = 120
RacePitKPH = 100
QualPitKPH = 100
NormalPitKPH = 80
FormationSpeedKPH = 140
QualifyDuration = 50
QualifyLaps = 25

DRS-MaximumTime = 1.0

Thanks again to everyone involved in bringing this classic to life and keeping it going. :notworthy:

I just noticed one more thing. I can no longer get the mirrors to show much, if any, view behind the car - if bodywork is shown in mirrors.

2mply1c.jpg

294ta8x.jpg

23rsind.jpg

acqz5h.jpg

This is with the default FOV. No matter how I move my seat or change the FOV I can't seem to be able to improve things.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or have I bunged up my install somehow?

thanks

Many thanks for this look back to the golden age of CART. Happy memories of watching my Canadian heroes Moore, Tracy and Carpentier duke it out against Zanardi and the rest of the world on the twisty streets of Vancouver. I still have Chip Ganassi "Back to Back" Zanardi/Vasser and Kool/ Paul Tracy t-shirts that get regular wear (much to the horror of my wife). The different wing setup ups for road and speedway are a fantastic touch and the cars are great to drive. I did a few hot laps around Fontana.....awesome. Worth buying AMS for this, I reckon.

Hello, I was designing my own in-game helmet and i wanted to make a separate skin for my personal use.
But then the Helmet is really shiny. I have tried many different DXT's and it gives the same shine. The shine only appears when putting the helmet with this mod.
c198f81ef2c206bf7520d3aa729af89e.png

If anyone knows how to fix/sort the issue It would be great.

Thanks,
Sam

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back