Resource icon

Cars CART Extreme 1.501

Login or Register an account to download this content
It's a bit of a manual process. You need to go to the "TrackConfigsBase.ini" of each of the 4 chassis and edit the files with notepad to match the track you are working with. This will not only lock the AI with the correct chassis but your car as well. Be sure the track name in the .ini file equals the one in the gdb "TrackName=".

Example of the file:
Chassis Configuration=0=road (default)
Chassis Configuration=1=short oval
Chassis Configuration=2=speedway
Chassis Configuration=3=superspeedway
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Milwaukee Mile":
Chassis Configuration=1

"Indianapolis Motor Speedway":
Chassis Configuration=2

"Fontana":
Chassis Configuration=3

I was wondering... Did anybody do an icon for this mod? Same direction, size, style as Reiza's ?
URD did one for their C7R mod and it looks great.

I'm wondering whether anybody would have one and would be willing to share it... :)

Last edited:
There you have it @SCE_SR my friend...
you heard it right from the man's mouth - you don't have the right size:O_o: and, even worse... it's pointing:confused: in totally wrong direction. No pun intended here. :rolleyes:

Now, better go back to your drawing board and... start it all over, right from the very start ! :)
Right from your own Big Bang, you may say.
:alien::x3:

Thanks I had not noticed there was already an icon for it. I must have deleted it when meddling with it.
:confused::thumbsup:

I know I'm nit-picking here. :)
:laugh::rolleyes:

It's a bit of a manual process. You need to go to the "TrackConfigsBase.ini" of each of the 4 chassis and edit the files with notepad to match the track you are working with. This will not only lock the AI with the correct chassis but your car as well. Be sure the track name in the .ini file equals the one in the gdb "TrackName=".

Example of the file:
Chassis Configuration=0=road (default)
Chassis Configuration=1=short oval
Chassis Configuration=2=speedway
Chassis Configuration=3=superspeedway
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Milwaukee Mile":
Chassis Configuration=1

"Indianapolis Motor Speedway":
Chassis Configuration=2

"Fontana":
Chassis Configuration=3
Alright mate, sooo do I need to create an hdv file for each track type config? E.g., longer gear ratios, lower downforce etc etc

If I am understanding your question right the answer is no. Not for the CART/SCART mods anyway as they use the upgrades.ini file to alter the chassis and tires physics depending on the track type. That is how it has always been done since RF1. ;)

If I am understanding your question right the answer is no. Not for the CART/SCART mods anyway as they use the upgrades.ini file to alter the chassis and tires physics depending on the track type. That is how it has always been done since RF1. ;)
Right, I do recall seeing that in another RF mod. I'll look at that and suss it out, thanks again though I can now have some longer geared racing at Historic Monza and Historic Hockenheim

Patrick Giranthon updated CART Extreme with a new update entry:

Mod update

Hi guys, new stuff for the CART.

Changelog :

- Updated shaders
- Updated sound effects
- Updated physics - added new engine wear functions, tweaked collision feelers, tires, inertia
- Fontana chassis config fix in trackconfigbase

Just overwrite files in root folder

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hmmm, can you put a screen please?

I newer noticed this until v1.25. And this is the only mod I play ...
GRAB_005.JPG
Capture.PNG

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back