Resource icon

Cars CART Extreme 1.501

Login or Register an account to download this content

[USER=319876]@Tormentor
The AI would need reworked for some of the ovals which I have no idea how Alex or Gringo do this. We use those tracks mostly for online races. Some are actually OK but for the ones that are not I would need more guidance to update them properly.[/USER]
I've just noticed, the AI does'nt change the chassis and keeps the road chassis, even on speedways. That's why they are so slow. Any idea how to fix that?

Mate, really... you should know that by yourself, it's even on front page of THIS VERY SAME MOD ! Just click "Overview" tab if you don't believe me. But here it is anyway...

Chassis Configuration=0=road (default)
Chassis Configuration=1=short oval
Chassis Configuration=2=speedway
Chassis Configuration=3=superspeedway

So, basically, you have to find EXACT track name, open every constructor folder, find trackconfigsbase.ini, open it with notepad and edit, entering new track name. NAME, mind you not "Grand prix" name or something else.
TrackName = Indianapolis Motor Speedway
EventName = Indianapolis/INDY 500
GrandPrixName = Indianapolis/INDY 500 // this must be the same as event name
VenueName = CART, Indianapolis

so the right name for this track is - Indianapolis Motor Speedway
not Indianapolis/INDY 500 or CART, Indianapolis

enter:
"Indianapolis Motor Speedway":
Chassis Configuration=2

With number 2 sets Chassis Configuration=2=speedway, that's it.

Bigger question is how did @Dann Murillo let this happen !??
:sneaky:
:D:whistling:

@gamer19 Great work! The trackconfigbase.ini is part of the mod not the tracks so I did not include it in the trackpack. It might be a good idea for me to toss it in there in the next update though. :)

@Tormentor I have the trackconfigbase.ini file updated in my SCART mod for all for these tracks and then some. I can send it to you to save you some time. You drop the file in each of the 4 chassis folders and then they all load the proper wings for each circuit. ;)

Thanks for config file but, correct me if I'm wrong, there's no need to enter all those road (default) tracks, like:

"Mid Ohio Sports Car Course":
Chassis Configuration=0
"Cleveland":
Chassis Configuration=0
"Belle Isle Park":
Chassis Configuration=0
"Laguna Seca":
Chassis Configuration=0
"Road America":
Chassis Configuration=0

cause the game will correctly load default (high downforce) chassis, for player and AI.

Last edited:
Yeah that is actually true that road course trim is the default but on a server sometimes people join in short oval trim, not realizing they have accidentally selected it in their upgrades. So as the league admin, it is easier for me to just lock everything in for everyone. ;)

Last edited:
Where's my "thanks" I wrote such a big (and beautiful if I may humbly say) piece of text and amazing newbies guidance ?? :O_o:
Oh man... you just hurt hurt my tender feelings... :unsure:

:D

Patrick Giranthon submitted a new resource:

Cart Extreme - Cart Extreme for Automobilista

Read more about this resource...
hi guys i just installed the mod (Cart Extreme Mod) but after i did that the graphics for automobilista keep glitching i tried everything it still won't go away can anybody help me please
Patrick Giranthon submitted a new resource:

Cart Extreme - Cart Extreme for Automobilista

Read more about this resource...
can anybody help me after i installed this mod the game keeps glitching like the graphics are glitching everywhere i tried everything already but it wont stop glitching

hi guys i just installed the mod (Cart Extreme Mod) but after i did that the graphics for automobilista keep glitching i tried everything it still won't go away can anybody help me please

can anybody help me after i installed this mod the game keeps glitching like the graphics are glitching everywhere i tried everything already but it wont stop glitching
Sounds like a driver problem to me because I have never known any mod in AMS cause that and it certainly doesn't happen with my cart mod. Try and reset your graphics settings. Try different settings etc.

Anyone able to share a baseline setup for ovals with the CART Extreme mod? Thanks.

I find that the default setup is pretty okay, with only slight tuning needed.

It really depends on the oval you race on. Fontana requires a different setup than Chicagoland which requires a different setup from Daytona, etc. It all really comes down to the suspension, and you just have to give it time to see what the problem is with the setup.

My general baseline is that the less banking a track has, the more extreme my camber are. Positive camber on left, negative camber on right, high spring and ride height on right. Fast Bump and Rebound are mostly not needed on an oval. Slow Bump and Rebound should again be high on the right side. If your car is still prone to losing the rear, even after adjusting to reduce oversteer, weight distribution can be a handy trick, although you'll make the car more prone to understeer.

With regards to aerodynamics or gearing, I usually try to set my car up so that I never have to shift out of 5th gear. 6th gear is my drafting gear and is used only for that. 1st-4th are all coming out of pits/caution gear. You can't adjust rear wing at all, and adjusting front wing never seemed to have made much of a difference to me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back