AC Calibra DTM @ Mosport Park - Weds 29th April 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I tried both the recommended setups. I am a big fan of how Steve Smith tunes cars and I was able to get consistent 17.8's with his setup that I got from the setup market.

Then I tried the wip setup posted by Medilloni. Switched to mediums, and I still noticed a lot of understeer. I softened the front arb by one click and put in 3 or 4 clicks more of neg camber, and 3 or 4 clicks of positive toe on the front. That helped keep the front from sliding out a lot better for me. As a result I got a 16.4.

As a Canuck I'm hoping the hometown advantage will carry me to the podium today even though today was the first time I have driven that track. I wish I lived close enough to drive it in real life.

I tried both the recommended setups. I am a big fan of how Steve Smith tunes cars and I was able to get consistent 17.8's with his setup that I got from the setup market.

Then I tried the wip setup posted by Medilloni. Switched to mediums, and I still noticed a lot of understeer. I softened the front arb by one click and put in 3 or 4 clicks more of neg camber, and 3 or 4 clicks of positive toe on the front. That helped keep the front from sliding out a lot better for me. As a result I got a 16.4.

As a Canuck I'm hoping the hometown advantage will carry me to the podium today even though today was the first time I have driven that track. I wish I lived close enough to drive it in real life.
Thanks for this Jason, the front washing out was (is!) bugging me, will try it later :thumbsup:

Is it ok for me to join? I have managed to run a few laps of the track in-between setting up teamspeak, but I'm quite off the pace noted above so I expect to be lapped in 25 minutes :)

Is it ok for me to join? I have managed to run a few laps of the track in-between setting up teamspeak, but I'm quite off the pace noted above so I expect to be lapped in 25 minutes :)
You're in Scott - and don't think about lap times, try and keep it on the road and have fun :thumbsup:

I'm afraid my medication is temporarily out and my hands are killing me hustling the car, so I'm gonna have to sign out. Sorry about that :-(

(@Medilloni, I believe this message instantly grants me "old man" privileges.)
Sorry to hear that Chris, get your meds and get well soon you old fart;)

Thanks for taking on the rookie chaps! I had a blast and only span once :)

@GEO147 - did we touch on turn 2? Thanks for waiting, but I think it might have been my fault as I don't think I managed to hold my line properly. Will take a look at the replay and see but apologies in advance if it was.

EDIT: I really need to sort out teamspeak and the game volume - I could hear you chattering, but not a scooby what was actually being said

Race 1 was a case of managing to avoid the carnage around me and capitalize. Ended up p2 after a hard challenge for the last 7 or 8 minutes.

Race 2 was not great, started with my wheel not quite straight and immediately nearly became THAT guy.

Scruffy laps and 1 half spin later I'm battling with Steve O'Malley.

I went up the inside into t2 and really wasn't sure whether we made contact or not.

So apologies Steve, I messed that up mate :(

So sorry about the first race f*** up on the start line guys, went to join race and sat on the rid with the pause screen, which froze:mad: - then rejoined thinking I was at the back but I was a lap behind. I need a lie down:(

Well done and congrats to the podium guys and hope you all enjoyed it - and great to see some new faces, hope you all had a good event;)

Next event will be a bit spicy for you - I hope! ;)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 7.9%